An Open Response Regarding The Current Vertigo Tour Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip!? Where've you been? Kelly and I were wondering about you at the last setlist party. We thought you had abandoned us. :sad:

U2dork said:
Chizip!? Where've you been? Kelly and I were wondering about you at the last setlist party. We thought you had abandoned us. :sad:

He had, but he got attracted to the love that suddenly emerged in this thread :wink:

its true, the love sucked me back in :heart:

if U2Man and KUEF can get along, then anything is possible

This is a world wide cause.

We are only 999,727 signatures away from our goal :drool:

KUEFC09U2 said:
one question, so you said the same during ZooTv and popmart right? as Zoo was still 10 years into there touring history,

and when did i say i wanted to hear the same setlist every night? as i have only been to 1 show this tour, 1 show elevation tour, and 1 show popmart, its your own fault for going to this many shows, not the bands

What you have only seen 3 U2 shows in 8 Years....man you have seen nothing. I have seen them when ur mama suited u with their milk. And u wanna talk to me about setlists......phew

I have seen that guy :bono: with a cowboy hat, with fly shades and with shaved head coming out of a 40 foot lemon and again with black shades again in lether jacket and now nearly same dress again.....

Zoo TV every night the same set? U shure? Well i enjoyed the acoustic set pretty much, that was different. Did u ever heard LOVE IS BLINDNESS.. no what a shame u will never do, u like ULTRA VIOLET...but only in your cd player. Talk to me about Mc Phisto calling Alesandra Mussolini in front of 60.000 italians....only on your video recorder if u have the recording.

Talk to me about the ONE version in Cologne after some fascist have murdered a turkish girl....only on your cd player if u have the gig.

Talk to me about I WILL FOLLOW acoustic on the B-Stage....only on your CD player if you have those gigs (Rotterdam 10.05.93 for example)

Or wanna talk to me about the guy who undresses himself during singing GOD PART II in Dortmund 89? only on your cd if u have the gig.

etc etc. etc. i have seen them loads of times they were all different and awsome, now they getting more again like a greatest hit band, wich i dont need.

I heard all their greatest hits many times in various versions and u wanna tell me the set is great....?

Flopmart was a desaster i had 10 shows on that crap tour all were the same it would have been enough if i had made Rotterdam 1+2 and Manheim but u never know that before.

Elevation, great Tour that was the beginning, the return of the old songs, I heard 11 o´clock, Out of Control, Hawkmoon269, Running to stand still acoustic and many more so that was absolutly my Tour.

Wanna talk to me about shows before 1990?:lol:

I can only say u will never hear that again if u traval only once a tour. U have to travel to many show to catch up specials, but this time in Europe its like it was on Popmart you can go to every show u will get everytime the same.

But not in the US and thats the dissapointment at the moment. Vertigo isnt a bad Tour its great but not in Europe thats the wrong place to go to Vertigo.

I bet the setlist in Boston in December will suit me fine and then i come back to you and we talk again about your Manchester Gig again....:lol:

Well hearing Crumbs in hall of 20.000 going nuts americans will do fine:love:

Dragonfire - I couldn't help but notice that you missed the love-fest here at the moment. So come on in, slip off your shoes, grab a beer and engage in some manly hugging :hug:

Being a fan of U2 is not measured in concerts we have been to but how many Interferencers we can interfere with...er I mean, Interferencers we can hug.

Chill out big boy and feel the lurve :drool:

stevec said:
So come on in, slip off your shoes, grab a beer and engage in some manly hugging :hug:

Chill out big boy and feel the lurve :drool:

I think Dragonfire is a girl :wink:

I will sum it up, reiterating my original point:

U2's Vertigo Tour : :rockon: ... despite certain songs we may not like and would appreciate different versions. Although some people may consider the setlists boring, I dare them to accompany me to a concert and fall asleep. :mac:

And this does not mean that I would not appreciate new, lesser know tunes. I have a whole list of songs (starting with Acrobat and So Cruel) that I would love to hear live...

yimou said:

I think Dragonfire is a girl :wink:

D'OH!!! (note to self - check member list - check member list!)

In that case we'll have some manly/womanly hugging instead

:)

U2@NYC said:
I will sum it up, reiterating my original point:

U2's Vertigo Tour : :rockon: ... despite certain songs we may not like and would appreciate different versions. Although some people may consider the setlists boring, I dare them to accompany me to a concert and fall asleep. :mac:

....and you all heard this from a guy who joined U2Man the other night in posting insane amounts of pictures of sleeping people when the final setlist was posted.....

:wink:

U2Man said:

....and you all heard this from a guy who joined U2Man the other night in posting insane amounts of pictures of sleeping people when the final setlist was posted.....

:lol:

its a shame i missed that

You don't sneak into people's bedrooms at night and photograph them sleeping do you? :wink:

Eeew...mouths wide open, dripping with saliva...whoa!

Dragonfire said:

What you have only seen 3 U2 shows in 8 Years....man you have seen nothing. I have seen them when ur mama suited u with their milk. And u wanna talk to me about setlists......phew

I have seen that guy :bono: with a cowboy hat, with fly shades and with shaved head coming out of a 40 foot lemon and again with black shades again in lether jacket and now nearly same dress again.....

Zoo TV every night the same set? U shure? Well i enjoyed the acoustic set pretty much, that was different. Did u ever heard LOVE IS BLINDNESS.. no what a shame u will never do, u like ULTRA VIOLET...but only in your cd player. Talk to me about Mc Phisto calling Alesandra Mussolini in front of 60.000 italians....only on your video recorder if u have the recording.

Talk to me about the ONE version in Cologne after some fascist have murdered a turkish girl....only on your cd player if u have the gig.

Talk to me about I WILL FOLLOW acoustic on the B-Stage....only on your CD player if you have those gigs (Rotterdam 10.05.93 for example)

Or wanna talk to me about the guy who undresses himself during singing GOD PART II in Dortmund 89? only on your cd if u have the gig.

etc etc. etc. i have seen them loads of times they were all different and awsome, now they getting more again like a greatest hit band, wich i dont need.

I heard all their greatest hits many times in various versions and u wanna tell me the set is great....?

Flopmart was a desaster i had 10 shows on that crap tour all were the same it would have been enough if i had made Rotterdam 1+2 and Manheim but u never know that before.

Elevation, great Tour that was the beginning, the return of the old songs, I heard 11 o´clock, Out of Control, Hawkmoon269, Running to stand still acoustic and many more so that was absolutly my Tour.

Wanna talk to me about shows before 1990?:lol:

I can only say u will never hear that again if u traval only once a tour. U have to travel to many show to catch up specials, but this time in Europe its like it was on Popmart you can go to every show u will get everytime the same.

But not in the US and thats the dissapointment at the moment. Vertigo isnt a bad Tour its great but not in Europe thats the wrong place to go to Vertigo.

I bet the setlist in Boston in December will suit me fine and then i come back to you and we talk again about your Manchester Gig again....:lol:

Well hearing Crumbs in hall of 20.000 going nuts americans will do fine:love:
sorry, you lost this "argument" with the hole, i have been to more shows that you story, i really dont care how many shows you have been to, who gives you the right to tell me the manchester concert i went to wont be better than the boston concert your going to? who gives you the right to express this opinon that the european leg of vertigo is boring? because i dont? many people here dont, but yes your obviously right, its boring because you said so, and yes go and check the setlists for 1st and 2nd leg of ZooTv, i think you will find the set the same, maybe the odd suprise here and there,

plus, as i said i really dont care what concerts you have or havent seen, you have no right to tell anyone that your concerts were better than theirs

"i have been to more shows that you story"

you said you have seen only one pop one elevate and one vertigo show, its not my faults. Tell me wich shows u have seen.

"i really dont care how many shows you have been"

of course u dont and me either

"who gives you the right to tell me the manchester concert i went to wont be better than the boston concert your going to"

here we can see that u have no expierence in U2 touring, Boston is allways good to go to and has allways good sets!

"who gives you the right to express this opinon that the european leg of vertigo is boring?"

cause it is for me and for many others who have see quiet a lot of shows, for someone like u who has seen them only once a year of course its still hot but i´m not going to a gig to hear my 50 version of Pride for example. Maybe you get wet when they play it i dont.

"maybe the odd suprise here and there"

and were are the odd surprises on European Vertigo?

Have you seen one ZooTV show?

"you have no right to tell anyone that your concerts were better than theirs"

you really think Manu 1 is as good as Amsterdam 3??? dream on:lol:

Dragonfire said:
"i have been to more shows that you story"

you said you have seen only one pop one elevate and one vertigo show, its not my faults. Tell me wich shows u have seen.

"i really dont care how many shows you have been"

of course u dont and me either

"who gives you the right to tell me the manchester concert i went to wont be better than the boston concert your going to"

here we can see that u have no expierence in U2 touring, Boston is allways good to go to and has allways good sets!

"who gives you the right to express this opinon that the european leg of vertigo is boring?"

cause it is for me and for many others who have see quiet a lot of shows, for someone like u who has seen them only once a year of course its still hot but i´m not going to a gig to hear my 50 version of Pride for example. Maybe you get wet when they play it i dont.

"maybe the odd suprise here and there"

and were are the odd surprises on European Vertigo?

Have you seen one ZooTV show?

"you have no right to tell anyone that your concerts were better than theirs"

you really think Manu 1 is as good as Amsterdam 3??? dream on:lol:
see..... thats just pure ignorance, your expressing your opinions as if its fact, there are people that rate this tour ahead of popmart and on par with Zoo but are they liars because you said different?

and whos to say it wasnt better in some people opinions? events in that day may have made it better etc, so your gonna try telling that little girl that got pulled up on stage that her day was actually rubbish compared to other concerts?

you need to "dream on"

where are the odd suprises? well lets see did you ever even DREAM of miss sarajevo coming back?. or Zoo Station? or electric co? or even the fly after it was dropped on elevation?

i know i didnt

U2Man said:

:mad: :madspit:

BTW, I noticed yesterday that I have a CD of a Danish singer which I bought a Copenhagen several years ago. Have you heard of Jan Johansen?

U2@NYC said:

:mad: :madspit:

BTW, I noticed yesterday that I have a CD of a Danish singer which I bought a Copenhagen several years ago. Have you heard of Jan Johansen?

Hahaha, I knew this would make you mad....:wink:

You've been to Copenhagen :ohmy: ? On vacation or business?

Jan Johansen :confused:....

just looked him up - he's not Danish he's Swedish! They apparently call him Janne over there, which is a girl's name here in Denmark :wink:

:hmm: Why would an Argentinian, residing in the US, buy a CD with songs by a Swedish guy in the kingdom of Denmark? :wink:

Last edited:
"where are the odd suprises? well lets see did you ever even DREAM of miss sarajevo coming back?. or Zoo Station? or electric co? or even the fly after it was dropped on elevation?"

We speak about odd suprises on european leg so then Zoo and electric and fly are no odd suprises they are just part of the set.

Miss Sarajevo the only one but for that songs like AN CAT DUB, GLORIA, INTO THE HEART and THE OCEAN had to die...what a chance.
I would give all my Miss Sarajevo versions for those! Cause they are so obscure songs from their past they will never ever return again.

"so your gonna try telling that little girl that got pulled up on stage that her day was actually rubbish compared to other concerts?"

oh it was a great night for her without a doubt and she will remember that gig for a long long time....u as well? If they i had played TOMORROW that night i would remember as well for a long time, got it, i dont think so.

U didnt answer my question, wich show have u seen all over the time?:wave:

Dragonfire said:
"where are the odd suprises? well lets see did you ever even DREAM of miss sarajevo coming back?. or Zoo Station? or electric co? or even the fly after it was dropped on elevation?"

We speak about odd suprises on european leg so then Zoo and electric and fly are no odd suprises they are just part of the set.

Miss Sarajevo the only one but for that songs like AN CAT DUB, GLORIA, INTO THE HEART and THE OCEAN had to die...what a chance.
I would give all my Miss Sarajevo versions for those! Cause they are so obscure songs from their past they will never ever return again.

"so your gonna try telling that little girl that got pulled up on stage that her day was actually rubbish compared to other concerts?"

oh it was a great night for her without a doubt and she will remember that gig for a long long time....u as well? If they i had played TOMORROW that night i would remember as well for a long time, got it, i dont think so.

U didnt answer my question, wich show have u seen all over the time?:wave:
popmart leeds, elevation manchester and vertigo manchester

Back
Top Bottom