Amsterdam III setlist partay part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it was a full band version with bono singing the part pavarotti does normally (well normally :wink: ) and it was very much a goosebump moment...

zooholland said:
it was a full band version with bono singing the part pavarotti does normally (well normally :wink: ) and it was very much a goosebump moment...
well i have to say thats one of the BIGGEST suprises the band have ever given, not one rumour of it being reharsed or soundchecked, then bang, in it goes :), i bloody hope it makes it onto the DVD as i find this to be a very emotional song

zooholland said:

that has to be heavenly:drool:

Bono must be really confident now if he is doing the operatic part now with his voice.

and believe me i was stunned aswell (dont think many people se that one coming).
He took a very little girl on stage during wowy right in front of us..she was very cute giving him little kisses and dancing with him (but not in a pushy way..). Bono was so enthousiastic he even almost lost his voice (after SYCMIOYO for example, very powerfully sung). WGRYWH was amazing. Beautiful day he took a guy on stage who was very big. The big man carried him around while bono kept singing and changedthe lyrics a bit to the big man, no sgt pepper though)

Only bad thing was no second vertigo....:wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:
well i have to say thats one of the BIGGEST suprises the band have ever given, not one rumour of it being reharsed or soundchecked, then bang, in it goes :), i bloody hope it makes it onto the DVD as i find this to be a very emotional song

DEFINITELY one of the biggest surprises! I never once would have predicted Miss Sarajevo! Simply extraordinary.

And yes, oh, I hope it's on DVD! :drool:

Hi :wave:
So Bonoman, it's time to apologize for all the negative critics you made the last three months about the boring and predictible setlist. :madspit:

zooholland said:
and believe me i was stunned aswell (dont think many people se that one coming).
He took a very little girl on stage during wowy right in front of us..she was very cute giving him little kisses and dancing with him (but not in a pushy way..). Bono was so enthousiastic he even almost lost his voice (after SYCMIOYO for example, very powerfully sung). WGRYWH was amazing. Beautiful day he took a guy on stage who was very big. The big man carried him around while bono kept singing and changedthe lyrics a bit to the big man, no sgt pepper though)

Only bad thing was no second vertigo....:wink:

A man on stage? That was a new one. How little was that little girl?

i thought it was strange cause they put some papers on stage which seemed to have lyrics on the but afterwards i think it was for WGRYWH cause he wasnt too confident about the lyrics there and also on the mainstage during miss sarejevo i think he looked at some notes on the groud.....but it was absolutly amazing and a very very special night

guill said:
So Bonoman, it's time to apologize for all the negative critics you made the last three months about the boring and predictible setlist. :madspit:

you're right, because they threw in 1 surprising song on the European Leg that means that all of the setlists have indeed not been static or predictable

U2Man said:

A man on stage? That was a new one. How little was that little girl?

I think it wasnt a very young child or anything (although she wasnt that old) but she was just very tiny.....

They must have rehearsed Miss Sarajevo indoors somewhere hmm

and the man on stage was really hilarious...(i think he even tried to kiss bono :wink:

The friend i was with had his camera with him (4 megapixels, 10X optical zoom) . He made a lot of awesome pics. I think he is gonna join this forum (told him about it) and he will probably post a few..

wow....i just read all pages of the setlist party.

Just Reading miss Sarajevo (and WGRYWH too) gives me goosebumps!

Unbelieveble setlist

I was in boston for WGRYWH and it was awesome, but tonight:

No Vertigo x 2
WGRYWH
Original of the species
and Miss Sarajevo!!!!!!!! WOW

guill said:
I mean U2man...

Oh I guess, it's me you're talking to then? To answer your question....I have actually stopped complaining about setlists....don't do it very often anymore, although it happens occasionally. You gotta remember before tonight we had some 6 or 7 concerts in a row with almost the same setlist, no OOTS, no Gloria, no Wild Horses and so on. Tonight had some pleasant surprises like Miss Sarajevo and OOTS and Wild Horses back to life, but if this wasn't a third night I don't think we had got them. I fear that the standard setlist is coming back.

But hey! I didn't want to do this at all, now you got me started. Normally we complainers are accused of trying to start some kind of bitch fiesta....but actually it's you who are doing it here. SO I guess, from me to you, it's a: :madspit: :madspit:

OOTS was very cool too. It was dedicated to herman brood, a well known artist in holland who commited suicide a few years ago (during the elevation tour). Miss sarejovo was instead of RTT and was dedicated to Theo van Gogh and Pim Fortuyn

Just got back and read the setlist. OMG! No VertigoX2? Am I seeing things? Zwervers will be so happy.

zooholland said:

'Goosebump moment' is an understatement. My skin got ripped open, my heart made a flight around the Arena and even a blast of lightning couldn't have given me a greater shock.

:ohmy:
:faint:

Chizip said:

you're right, because they threw in 1 surprising song on the European Leg that means that all of the setlists have indeed not been static or predictable

:up: Thanks Chizip, nice to know you've got friends in here, too :wink:

1stOne said:
Just got back and read the setlist. OMG! No VertigoX2? Am I seeing things? Zwervers will be so happy.

We did it, Sylvia, we did it!!!!! :hug:

I'm actually wondering if Miss Sarajevo will stick around. Bullet --> Miss Sarajevo seems more 'European' than Bullet / When Johnny Comes Marching Home / The Hands That Built America.

I also wonder if Please will ever be played. I suspect if it is, it won't be until the four Toronto shows or five NY ones, though.

guill said:

Well, there's nothing really to apologize for since the setlists have been predictable up to this point. Don't ya think????

zooholland said:
OOTS was very cool too. It was dedicated to herman brood, a well known artist in holland who commited suicide a few years ago (during the elevation tour). Miss sarejovo was instead of RTT and was dedicated to Theo van Gogh and Pim Fortuyn

Hang on, was Miss Sarajevo played and THEN Running To Stand Still, or ONLY Miss Sarajevo?

WildHoneyAlways said:

Well, there's nothing really to apologize for since the setlists have been predictable up to this point. Don't ya think????

Another friend? :hug: I love you :wink:

Back
Top Bottom