Almost a Year from U2's Performance at Madison Square Garden Fan tries to steal show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Fan

War Child
Streisand Has Outburst at NYC Concert

Oct 10, 12:18 PM (ET)

(AP) Barbra Streisand performs in New York's Madison Square Garden, Monday, Oct. 9, 2006. (AP Photo/Jeff...
Full Image

NEW YORK (AP) - The most riveting moment of Barbra Streisand's Madison Square Garden concert was one of the only unscripted ones.

Streisand endured jeers as she interjected a political skit into Monday night's show, exchanging zingers with a celebrity impersonator playing George Bush as a bumbling idiot.

Though most of the crowd offered polite applause during the slightly humorous routine, it went on a bit too long, especially for those who just wanted to hear Streisand sing.

"Come on, be polite!" the well-known liberal implored. But one heckler wouldn't let up. And finally, Streisand let him have it.

"Shut the (expletive) up!" Streisand bellowed, drawing wild applause. "Shut up if you can't take a joke!"

With that one F-word, the jeers ended. And the message was delivered - no one gets away with trying to upstage Barbra Streisand, especially not in her hometown.

Wow.

October 8, 2005

U2 at Madison Square Garden Bono points out an a-hole in the ellipse for talking on the phone at the concert during Sunday Bloody Sunday. Tells the man its a fucking rock concert not Hi Mommy I am rocking out at the Garden listening to Sunday Bloody Sunday.:wink:

I was there... not sure why Bono really did it...I think he was having trouble connecting with the audience and just tried something...ok, let me have it

I was there too, about 20 people away from the incident. I actually have it on video. Bono should have been screaming at the entire inside of the ellipse...EVERYONE was taking pix and had their cells out. Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom