All U2 on Good Morning America Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any follow up on the comment about an interview with Diane Sawyer? Potentially for Prime Time Live or whatever it's called?

Also wondering if U2 will sit down with Letterman when in New York -- the one I remember was quite funny as Bono told some Frank Sinatra stories.

This has been confirmed on the "News" page out here, taped footage, not live in the park for U2

"Other artists confirmed for this year's series include Shakira, Santana, Missy Elliott, Clay Aiken, Keith Urban and Avril Lavigne"

Santana aside, I wonder if any of these acts will be around in 2028 or so matching U2's longevity - shall we start a poll?

What 5 songs should U2 play on GMA??

I'm really wondering which 5 songs U2 will choose to have broadcast over GMA...here are my picks...let's try to be somewhat realistic in our picks (for example, they're not going to play Lemon).

1. Original of the Species - great choice but may not be polished enough at this point.

2. LAPOE - This would be great.

3. COBL

4. Yahweh

5. Miracle Drug

But they'll probably stick to the usual safe and easy choices:

Streets - Bono gets his Africa message out to a national audience
SYCMIOYO - great song but it's been out there quite a bit
Vertigo - see above.
NYD
SBS

I thought GMA is airing footage from one of the concerts? I didn't think they were actually playing live on the show.

I'd say Streets, Pride, One, Vertigo and SYCMIOYO.

I would have to say
1.beautiful day
2.vertigo
3.with or with out
4. pride
5.still haven't found what i am looking for

Ok this may be odd choices and you all are gonna think i m really stupid.( oh well) but what does GMA stand for? anyways.:angel: :banghead: :crazy: :hyper: :coocoo: :confused:

1. Elvis Presley and America
2. The Refugee
3. Acrobat
4. Heartland
5. Miami

I think those are pretty reliable bets.

Last edited:
What I found on atu2.com:

ABC-TV's Good Morning America program will feature an upcoming Vertigo Tour concert as the launch of its summer concert series on May 20th. The program will feature five songs taped during a live show, along with a taped Diane Sawyer interview segment with the band. It's not yet known which Vertigo show will be featured on GMA. (Thx AC and TN)

I think the main reason they've agreed to have 5 songs from their concerts broadcast on GMA is to promote Africa and poverty relief...so I'm really betting on Streets and Miracle Drug...

And it wouldn't hurt in terms of album sales either.

But I'd really like to see them play on Conan...

inmyplace13 said:
1. Elvis Presley and America
2. The Refugee
3. Acrobat
4. Heartland
5. Miami

I think those are pretty reliable bets.

lol! Can I just say that I'd just kill myself if I had to sit through a live version of Miami? By the way, Elvis Ate America > Elvis Presley and America.

I thought this was pretty common news - in fact I believe that it was up on the U2 site a while back. It said that it would be a recorded performance from one of the shows on tour, undetermined as of when I read it.

I hope I'm wrong.

It would be very U2 to say that it was going to be taped and then just show up and play LIVE!!!

:yes: :dance: :yes:

Westport said:
It would be very U2 to say that it was going to be taped and then just show up and play LIVE!!!

:yes: :dance: :yes:

This thought has crossed my mind also...that would be awesome!!

Good Morning America

For the GMA summer concert series, i know its supposed to be taped performances, but will any of U2 actually be there?

Question about GMA tapings..

Since last night seemed to be a taping of GMA [ not comforimed but thats what everyone though ]
Would it possible if the Phoenix 2 show [ first played Bad, said to be the best show of the tour so far] was taped?

..okay, I'm praying it is because I'd love to wact the video from it :drool:

I don't know what qualifies a show to be taped for GMA .. but heres a snippet on the whole thing: http://www.u2tours.com/news/article.src?ID=997

So would just all 5 songs be from one show or would it be spread out? I don't really know if anyone could give me an exact answer..just your opinons. Thanks:wink:

BWU2Buffs said:
This has been confirmed on the "News" page out here, taped footage, not live in the park for U2

"Other artists confirmed for this year's series include Shakira, Santana, Missy Elliott, Clay Aiken, Keith Urban and Avril Lavigne"

Santana aside, I wonder if any of these acts will be around in 2028 or so matching U2's longevity - shall we start a poll?

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Clay and U2 in the same show.. my life is completed .. I mean.

erm..
I found out about this whole GMA thing actually from Clay fans :lol:
Sorry, They're my 2 obsessions.:drool:

When I was delivering Potatos I heard the band discussing the setlist it will be as folllows

1.)acrobat
2.) lady with the spinning head
3.) pete the chop
4.) the refugee with edge on banjo
5.) they will play acrobat again...with larry on banjo edge on drums bono on kazoo and adam off in the corner chatting up ladies

Arun V said:
When I was delivering Potatos I heard the band discussing the setlist it will be as folllows

1.)acrobat
2.) lady with the spinning head
3.) pete the chop
4.) the refugee with edge on banjo
5.) they will play acrobat again...with larry on banjo edge on drums bono on kazoo and adam off in the corner chatting up ladies
:lol:
"Adam off in the corner chatting up ladies"

I wish ..:drool:

i have a friend that works a GMA and she said that they will not play live, and no one from the band will be there in person. She said they are advertising it live from Times Square because they will show the video in Times Square, but it will all be taped. Also this is common practive to advertise them live, and then show a taped interview, which will be the case.

Back
Top Bottom