ALL European Stage, Lighting & Production Discussions + Pictures Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere

Just bringing this one over from the first thread. :wink:
(originally posted by bathiu :) )
2005_06_10-dscn0569.jpg

:drool:

2005_06_10-dscn0565.jpg

Last edited:
pepokiss said:
I'm wandering what's that little area at the bottom of the screen for... :hmm:

very big... and probably very strong lights...

In the previous part of the thread there is a close-up of the screen and you can see those lights clear...

bathiu said:

very big... and probably very strong lights...

In the previous part of the thread there is a close-up of the screen and you can see those lights clear...

Yeah, in Willie's diary he says they're so strong/hot that they actually set part of the display on fire!

TheFly40 said:
Some more shots of the new LED screen in action during last nights rehersal:

http://www.u2eastlink.com/foro/read.php?f=18&i=39853&t=39853

I hope this wasn't already posted.
Did you mean those 2 above...?
That forum is to difficult for me...

you can post those pictures here, copy the direct adres of the picture and put it in:
[ img ] adres [ /img ] (without spaces)

Last edited:
This stage looks Amazing!!!!!!!!!

PLease do a North AMerica stadium tour!!!!!!!

first stop Canad Inns Stadium in Winnipeg

Leetah said:
eh, where? All the spanish words are confusing me:huh:

Sorry must be something wrong with the link then...brings me directly to the pix when I click on it. Must be bringing you to the main page that's all in Spanish.

The distance between the stage and crowd is huge and there is no room for people because of the soundsystem. It looks amazing though and I can't wait..

menelaos said:
Why is thisarea in front of the stage empty..?
I mean it won't have any crowd..?
It is really a big distance I think...:|

Boys and girls.....

These fences are what I would call 'wave breakers'. They are there for security reasons. If a pressure mounts up from the crowd behind they prevent the people in the front from being smashed against the stage. No worries, there will be people in there.

U2Man said:

Boys and girls.....

These fences are what I would call 'wave breakers'. They are there for security reasons. If a pressure mounts up from the crowd behind they prevent the people in the front from being smashed against the stage. No worries, there will be people in there.

Looking again at the pictures and I'm almost certain that this is it..If you look at the area you are refering to it leads to the stage the pa system and a lot of cables. To be honest I've never been behind the wavebreaker before so I wouldn't know but in orger to get any visual of the screens people will have to be put back a little I suppose..it's no big deal Bono can still walk there(the area near the soundsytems) if he wants and the catwalks rule :drool:

what an awesome setup, simply amazing.

can't wait to see the video clips from tonight's show of it in action :drool:

The fence is it people, no way are you gonna get closer than this..like I said it doens't matter.still very close and the visual is actually better and bono can walk in the empty area. If you look at one of the pictures from the side of the stage looking ate the "audience" you''find that if we were allowed in this area we could all easely access the catwalk and the stage. I'm not sure Bono and co are thrilled about that :wink:

zwervers2, are you going to the amsterdam show?

I was debating about flying over for the show, but decided against it. So yes...I feel like killing myself now.

zwervers2 said:
The fence is it people, no way are you gonna get closer than this..like I said it doens't matter.still very close and the visual is actually better and bono can walk in the empty area. If you look at one of the pictures from the side of the stage looking ate the "audience" you''find that if we were allowed in this area we could all easely access the catwalk and the stage. I'm not sure Bono and co are thrilled about that :wink:
LOL, I wonder if anyone's buying this. Good one man.

RademR said:
zwervers2, are you going to the amsterdam show?

I was debating about flying over for the show, but decided against it. So yes...I feel like killing myself now.

yeah friday and saturday...maybe with any luck I'll sneak in the first one!:wink:

zwervers2 said:

yeah friday and saturday...maybe with any luck I'll sneak in the first one!:wink:

you should have come man, nice city, good weather, great concert!!!

If what I read is true, it's rented equipment, they don't own it like they owned POPMart and ZOOTV.

Still, this is what I wanted the show to look like even before Elevation tour. :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom