ALL European Stage, Lighting & Production Discussions + Pictures Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OffAxis said:
u2ivan001.jpg

u2ivan002.jpg

u2ivan003.jpg

u2ivan005.jpg

u2ivan006.jpg

u2goedefroit008.jpg

u2goedefroit009.jpg

:shocked: :bow:

All the others too. Just fantastic! :bow:

The pics look amazing!!! I'm really looking forward to the Amsterdamshow I'll visit...

I wonder if this show also has some emotional moments? Is the red and flashlight back during Streets?? Or is it again this Africa-shit? I think the declaration of human rights is to moralistic/preachy. Ehat do they want to achieve with that?

And what about the sound? Hope it sounds kokay if you have a seat in the corner, second ring....

phommel said:
The pics look amazing!!! I'm really looking forward to the Amsterdamshow I'll visit...

I wonder if this show also has some emotional moments? Is the red and flashlight back during Streets?? Or is it again this Africa-shit? I think the declaration of human rights is to moralistic/preachy. Ehat do they want to achieve with that?

And what about the sound? Hope it sounds kokay if you have a seat in the corner, second ring....
I saw photos in the PLEBA forum with the African flags in the background, it must be during Streets sadly enough ;(

phommel said:

To educate knuckleheads.

phommel said:

and i think you are too anti-preachy :|

jeez.... sometimes if you take offense to something like that, maybe its because you feel guilty about doing shit-all?

bcrt2000 said:

and i think you are too anti-preachy :|

jeez.... sometimes if you take offense to something like that, maybe its because you feel guilty about doing shit-all?

Quite. U2s message obviously just goes over some people's heads...

phommel said:

This show definetly had emotional moments. SYVMIOYO with the heartbeat flatline was very emotional, especially the way it was sort of stripped down on the videoscreen, (Just bono singing in black and white (without the shades), and the walking guy). Even the opening sort of was when he started introducing the bandmembers. SBS really gave a thrill to the stadium (at least where i was standing people went mental..)

And i truly truly do not understand how anybody could complain over Streets. That one live is always a kick in the nuts. The african thing was totally right in the flow of the concert and together with the textmessage thing and the declaration of Human rights was exceptional well placed (and even emotional)since the G8 Would come together today to discuss the debtrelief, (which if I look at the news is a big success). U2 has always been aboout awareness of this kind of stuff so its just right to put it in the show.

I even thought that the speeches werent that long (i dont mind speeches but if they are to long they tend to loose their strenght)

BTW its not my intent to attack phommels opinion in any way (i feel some threads here become somewhat hostile here lately and i do not want to add to that) I just have another opinion especially aboout the performance of streets...one of the (many) highlights for me last night..

Last edited:
I couldnt agree with you more, Zooholland. I was there as well last night (blue zone, b-stage Edges side).

I was actually thinking during One, that U2 showed their genuine character and skills, being able to create such an incredibly intimate atmosphere in a giant place like that! That's how a band shows their true colours, imo.

SBS was superb, yes, I'd never thought a song that old and to me not a personal favourite, could hype me up like that.

Streets gave me the chills, and the "Africa-shit" is just the truth, nothing more to it. I know it bugs a lot of people, and believe me, Bono knows it too. He even knows that it bugs the band, he said so literally. He said, at the end of all the speeches "I want to thank you all for listening to me and I want to thank the band for putting up with me"

After One, there was a short break and when they came back on with Zoo Station, it was a whole different ambiance, it was PARTY TIME! :)

U2 has always been about political awareness, you know that from the get-go if you decide to go to a gig. I do understand that it bothers people though, but that's just the way it is.
I know people who are extremely bothered that they play a song like Yahweh, they told me "pfff, who believes in God these days anyway".

Different folks, different strokes :)
It's all good.

Last edited:
yeah it was funny. when they left the stage before zoostation the guy I went to brussels with said he was a bit dissapointed that achtung baby wasnt more present...then they came right back with zoostation, the fly and Mysterious ways which totlaly got the crowd going again.......*sigh* I am so glad im gonna see them three more times here in amsterdam...

Aaah shut up, lol, I'm not gonna see them again :( But a sneaky plan is being cooked up in my scattered brain *must find tickets*:)

Seriously, I'm happy for you that you get to see them again and again and again...(Mercy)

I've gone mad, obviously :yikes:

OffAxis said:

Holy fucking shit!! The Zoo TV screen! I hope he does the whole stumbling/getting shot thing and high kick marches across that.

He did...:wink:

judging by the video clips....ZOO STAtION ROCKSS!!! I was going to start my own thread to say this, it is amazing.

Bono in front of the screens again, and the big screen really brings it to life, more than the US tour even.

This screen brings out normous possibilities..very clear pictures during the fly...they WILL close the roof in amsterdam should be outstanding..

zooholland said:

This show definetly had emotional moments. SYVMIOYO with the heartbeat flatline was very emotional, especially the way it was sort of stripped down on the videoscreen, (Just bono singing in black and white (without the shades), and the walking guy). Even the opening sort of was when he started introducing the bandmembers. SBS really gave a thrill to the stadium (at least where i was standing people went mental..)

And i truly truly do not understand how anybody could complain over Streets. That one live is always a kick in the nuts. The african thing was totally right in the flow of the concert and together with the textmessage thing and the declaration of Human rights was exceptional well placed (and even emotional)since the G8 Would come together today to discuss the debtrelief, (which if I look at the news is a big success). U2 has always been aboout awareness of this kind of stuff so its just right to put it in the show.

I even thought that the speeches werent that long (i dont mind speeches but if they are to long they tend to loose their strenght)

BTW its not my intent to attack phommels opinion in any way (i feel some threads here become somewhat hostile here lately and i do not want to add to that) I just have another opinion especially aboout the performance of streets...one of the (many) highlights for me last night..

Okay, that's a relief, haha.
Good that it is a short preach. You know what it is, I feel and think the same about that Africa subject and all the other subjects they talk and sing about. Maybe that's the reason why I like their music so much, because there is a connection. The strong lyrics combined with the beautiful music. And that's the reason I get tired of those speeches sometimes, because I don't have to be educated...but a short speech is okay...I was afraid that Streets lost its strength, but I haven't been to this tour yet so I can't judge about it. But It's a relief that you said it's still a kick in the nuts...

Back
Top Bottom