Ali's tour pass for sale on Ebay!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe Ali's found a new man? Can anyone say, "paramour?" :laugh:

BTW, it's pathetic what people will hock on ebay. Anyone remember the recent ebay auction for a "bottle of Bono's breath?"

Has anybody ever seen Bono/Edge/Larry/Adam wearing a pass to their own shows?

There was an incident in Oregon in 2001 where Bob Dylan was not allowed backstage to his own gig.

u2fp

I was thinking it looked kinda fake too. And yeah, I also don't think the buyer will be getting anywhere near the backstage area.

I'm thinking the pass is legit, but relaminated with a new photo.

I also think you need to look like the person in the photos to gain access - so unless your one of the Corrs sisters, you would have trouble using this ALI Hewson pass.

U2fp

If you look on U2log.com's tour photos, you'll see they have a picture of all the different kinds of tour backstage pass laminates.

The family/friends passes are black and yellow, not black and red-- at least the European leg laminates are, which is what he looks to be selling it as, judging from the pictures that go along with it.

MTEdge said:

BTW, it's pathetic what people will hock on ebay. Anyone remember the recent ebay auction for a "bottle of Bono's breath?"

True story, the web developer for my firm's ad agency sold his soul on eBay for like $19 -- it was a jar with sticky note that said "My Soul" -- it gets better, the buyer traveled internationally on business and documented on the web all the places he took the dude's soul.

Check it out - http://www.monkeycube.com/article-64

haha the sellers name is el guapo, now i realllly dont trust him

I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!

BWU2Buffs said:

True story, the web developer for my firm's ad agency sold his soul on eBay for like $19 -- it was a jar with sticky note that said "My Soul" -- it gets better, the buyer traveled internationally on business and documented on the web all the places he took the dude's soul.

Check it out - http://www.monkeycube.com/article-64

hope he still has a shadow…:laugh:

(according to the Simpsons you loose it when you sell your soul to someone…)

First off the dude who obtained the pass works for either the local crew for Berlin, Germany. He must have been a goodie goodie the whole time working with production that they gave him a unused pass. Plus whoever obtains the pass could copy it. It will not work because everyone on the tour knows each other but it will get you pass securty guards about 20-50 feet behind them. The dude selling passes from the tour on ebay as well as the MSG wallpaper pass content, is trying to win the auction at all costs because he either works for the tour or company making the passes. U2 is probably aware of this at the moment.

Chizip said:
haha the sellers name is el guapo, now i realllly dont trust him

I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!

One of my favorite movies. That's the first thing I thougt when I saw his name.

Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.
Jefe, what is a plethora?

pass looks legit (except for the photo) and if it is it will work.
only problem is you would have to use it fast, they usually change passes after each leg, so this would be good till 8/14.
i agree with an earlier poster, i think a band employee has been watching e-bay during the tour and snatching up actual passes. nowhere near as many available this tour as last tour. nice upgrade in security, i was able to use these passes at every show i attended last tour. scary how easy it was.

hmmm it's going for 40 pounds at the minute. it looks like some people are actually taking this seriously...........suckers.

what happens when a 6'4" white guy walks up with Ali's picture on his chest?

"Excuse me, I'd like to get by now"

if someone really wanted to use this to get backstage, or to get onto the pitch, or to get into a show for free, it isn't incredibly difficult with a little bit of smarts. getting to see the band, except from a distance is improbable though. their dressing rooms are seperate from the rest of the backstage traffic, they rarely leave them, and security is extra tight close to the band.
i bought one of these on elevation, not to see the band backstage, but to avoid waiting in line all day for the heart. everyone on the boards said it was fake. i bought it and used it at all 10 shows i saw, everyone it got me into the heart, 2 shows i got in for free, i was able to take guests into the heart, i had lunch sitting next to P McG. and drinks next to Elvis Costello. overall a great time, and well worth what i paid for it. to old to do it now. might not work for this pass, but someone who buys it isn't necessarily a sucker.

and i am not the person selling the pass.

<<I bought one of these for elevation>>

I remember one popped up on ebay after the first couple dates in 2001. I think it went for US$900 - and it did not insure any kind of admission. It was a photoless "guest" pass.

u2fp

bridonohue said:
if someone really wanted to use this to get backstage, or to get onto the pitch, or to get into a show for free, it isn't incredibly difficult with a little bit of smarts. getting to see the band, except from a distance is improbable though. their dressing rooms are seperate from the rest of the backstage traffic, they rarely leave them, and security is extra tight close to the band.
i bought one of these on elevation, not to see the band backstage, but to avoid waiting in line all day for the heart. everyone on the boards said it was fake. i bought it and used it at all 10 shows i saw, everyone it got me into the heart, 2 shows i got in for free, i was able to take guests into the heart, i had lunch sitting next to P McG. and drinks next to Elvis Costello. overall a great time, and well worth what i paid for it. to old to do it now. might not work for this pass, but someone who buys it isn't necessarily a sucker.

Well, nothing personal, but I do consider someone who buys a fake pass to get into the heart so they don't have to wait like everyone else a bit of a sucker.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Well, nothing personal, but I do consider someone who buys a fake pass to get into the heart so they don't have to wait like everyone else a bit of a sucker.

i don't take it personally, to each his own, but to be clear, the pass i purchased was not a fake, it was authentic, and it cost me less than most people paid for 2 tickets to the vertigo tour. that doesn't include the savings i got from getting into 2 shows for free, and over the course of the shows i was able to take 22 other people into the heart with me who had crappy seats. i might be a sucker, but it was worth the cost to me to be able to show up at every concert just before show time and get into the heart, rather than show up at noon or so every day and wait. i just didn't have the time, but i did have the cash. over all, it was a great deal.

oh yeah, they also had some nice food and drink backstage. i got more than my moneys worth.

and btw, the cost has now shot up to over $400. i don't think the person bidding, who has had the highest bid from the beggining, is a fan, i bet they work for the band. smart of them to just buy the passes than try to shut them down.

Back
Top Bottom