Airlines/Hotels that Care, and Airlines/Hotels that don't - Postponement Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no harm in trying flav
as i said, just because they've got it in their contract doesn't necessarily mean its legal

and i checked... virgin blue IS part of the Virgin enterprise
double check what their policy for the Aus and Kiwi people is and if they're offering refunds/reschedules then go back to Virgin armed with that.

theres no reason why one part of their airline should do it and not another... but check first, i'm not certain what Virgin Blue's policy on this has been

Last edited:
found this in one of the articles in teh news section:

"A spokeswoman for tour promoter Michael Coppel Presents said Coppel had been liaising with Air New Zealand, Qantas and Virgin Blue since the shock announcement.

"All three airlines have willingly and graciously agreed to offer passengers holding U2 tickets a reprieve from the usual cancellation and change fees," she said. "

flavia - this is part of a post from a week or two ago on zootopia. I don't know if it's of any use. Digsy's info is probably much better...

"Someone here in the group already tried to contact Next Adventure and they did get put through to the publicist who made the statement about the postponed dates. I don't think they got a response though. They used the following details:
'I called Live Nation 310 867-7100 and explained I wanted to
speak with the promoter of the Hawaiian show. They put me through to Greg Terlizzi who was quoted when it was first announced."
That phone number is somewhere in Los Angeles, CA. That's basically the info I tried emailing to you :shrug:

someone also posted another similar number: (310) 867-7000.

Last edited:
digsy said:
no harm in trying flav
as i said, just because they've got it in their contract doesn't necessarily mean its legal

and i checked... virgin blue IS part of the Virgin enterprise
double check what their policy for the Aus and Kiwi people is and if they're offering refunds/reschedules then go back to Virgin armed with that.

theres no reason why one part of their airline should do it and not another... but check first, i'm not certain what Virgin Blue's policy on this has been

Hey Di,

(Saint ;)) Keith's been checking out the ownership situation with Virgin Blue and apparently Virgin Blue's majority shareholder is a company called Patrick Corporation Ltd (Australia). Virgin Group is just a minority shareholder so basically, they can't determine policy and we can't really use that in any argument to OFT.

However...Keith is now a man on a mission and will shortly be starting a consumer revolt within Europe on the subject of unfair trading terms in airline T's & C's :rolleyes: :)

We'll/he'll be getting as many non-European based airline's T's & C's and will endeavour to put forward an argument to OFT that, by comparison, European airline's T's & C's are demonstrably unfair to the consumer...so that will be fun, won't it :corn:

UKTan said:

Hey Di,

(Saint ;)) Keith's been checking out the ownership situation with Virgin Blue and apparently Virgin Blue's majority shareholder is a company called Patrick Corporation Ltd (Australia). Virgin Group is just a minority shareholder so basically, they can't determine policy and we can't really use that in any argument to OFT.

However...Keith is now a man on a mission and will shortly be starting a consumer revolt within Europe on the subject of unfair trading terms in airline T's & C's :rolleyes: :)

We'll/he'll be getting as many non-European based airline's T's & C's and will endeavour to put forward an argument to OFT that, by comparison, European airline's T's & C's are demonstrably unfair to the consumer...so that will be fun, won't it :corn:

GO KEITH!!!
:rockon:

Lila64 said:
flavia - this is part of a post from a week or two ago on zootopia. I don't know if it's of any use. Digsy's info is probably much better...

"Someone here in the group already tried to contact Next Adventure and they did get put through to the publicist who made the statement about the postponed dates. I don't think they got a response though. They used the following details:
'I called Live Nation 310 867-7100 and explained I wanted to
speak with the promoter of the Hawaiian show. They put me through to Greg Terlizzi who was quoted when it was first announced."
That phone number is somewhere in Los Angeles, CA. That's basically the info I tried emailing to you :shrug:

someone also posted another similar number: (310) 867-7000.

Thanks you so much, Lila! That´s very useful! :D

just pm him - he's online often enough, he'll get it soon

I just realized I can probably avoid the $100 change fee on my award ticket on American if I route it the same as my original itinerary even if it is eight months later. Now this makes me antsier for them to announce the new dates, if they don't do it by next week, I'm gonna have to cancel it outright and pay the $100. :|

Back
Top Bottom