After U2 Went Off The Air......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stlmurph

Babyface
It's 3:00 an, Im in a hotel in Newark and I cant sleep!

No, not the lyrics to a bad song, this is my life tonight after being one of the lucky few to be in the SNL studio for the live (11:30) gig.

Ill skip talking about everything that aired. For those of you who didnt get to see the show, they did a great job with “Vertigo,” “Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own,” and “I Will Follow." It was everything we expected the band to be and more.

What was cool was the ENCORE! Yes, Encore after the show went off the air.

After the network cut away from the SNL broadcast, the band gave an encore of three songs for those of us in the audience. Bono had the audience, cast and crew in the palm of his hand as he kept saying “One More?” “One More!”

To be honest, it was too exciting to remember the third title, but they did sing All Because of you and a version of Vertigo without the Catorce (did I spell that right) intro.

I was sitting near a former NBC employee who worked at 30 Rock for nearly ten years and they said this was a first time a band played an encore. The funny thing is that the camera crew seemed to know the encore was coming and the cameras kept rolling. Perhaps this was additional footage for the west coast show or some sort of promo.

I do not have pics as it was politely but sternly requested by studio staff that we not take pictures and given the circumstances it seemed like the thing to do.

Paul McGuiness was checking out the studio just as the show was about to go on the air. I have never met the man, but had the fun of pointing to my U2 Elevation ball cap and giving him a thumbs up as he was scanning the audience in the balcony. He politely acknowledged with a smile as if he was saying “thanks, have we met?”

This was a very exciting night to be in the crowd and the band was in great form. The band is back. The band is better than they have ever been. We are all in for a great record this week and tour this year.

Murph'

EXCELLENT!!!! I told my hubby the minute NBC cut away from the show that we HAD to get home ASAP (we were at a friend's home watching) because I needed to get online & see if anybody from interference.com had a live report!!! :hyper:
Thanks so much for sharing with us -- what an amazing thing to have been there in person!! There are no words for how envious I am!! :up:

You lucky, lucky person! I am so envious of you!

(Could you possibly describe the sixth song? I would LOVE to know what it was!)

3 encore songs? I thought they only played ABOY and Vertigo once more, was the 3rd song from the new album?

Back
Top Bottom