Additional UK Dates???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveone

The Fly
Sorry if someones already asked this (i'll be suprised if they haven't) but does anybody reckon additional UK dates are going to be added this week and if so how long do they usually leave it before announcing additional dates? Desperately after Manchester tickets.

Yeah me too. I was sitting at the computer for about 6 hours waiting for them to be added on friday. But I heard they myt be waiting to sort through all the double bookings before announcing any more. So there's still a chance...

There is one website advertising two extra Manchester dates, which I find to be rather suspicious.

Yeah I doubt they have any official information. They are prob just basing them on rumours.

I just checked what dates Glastonbury were to see if they could be leaving gaps for that. But then found out it was on 24th-26th of June. So I guess that u2 and glastonbury is definitely not on as U2 are in Dublin then lol.

Well I have seen more than 1 site listing dates for Manchester on 14/15/16th June. They are broker sites but they are still listed. So this must be bullshit, right? I was banking on them adding a date for Manchester seen as how I didn't get tickets for the 14th.

Reportedly the European leg is meant to be 30 shows, which is probably the amount that U2 and tour promoter TNA agreed upon in contract. With the addition of Dublin 2, we are up to 26. That original itinerary that was leaked on December 21st only showed the 1 additional night in London as being planned for the UK. It did include 2 additional nights for Amsterdam, as well as a July 21st show in either Milan or Florence. June 27th is thought to be held for Dublin 3 or for Belfast (which technically would be another UK date if added). That would bring the total to 30.

There certainly is room for additional shows in the UK, so perhaps now that the demand is very apparent, U2 and TNA will contract for up to 5 additional shows to be added in Europe with the UK getting 1-2 of them. Then again, if the reports about Edge's family situation are correct, perhaps they don't want to add additional dates this summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom