Adam's keyboard on COBL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kikehisy

The Fly
Tonight I noticed that Adam was playing the piano part at the beginning and end of COBL on a mini-keyboard that looked very similar to the one Larry uses on Yahweh. Is this new or did I just not notice it before? I remember being so surprised that Edge wasn't playing it on Monday (my first show), from the recordings I had just assumed Edge played it, and I didn't even look to see whether anyone else was playing it. But I don't remember seeing anything posted about Adam playing it before. Maybe the lighting was different tonight due to COBL's position in the show so we could just see Adam better than usual?

I assume he's been doing that all tour.

People don't notice because everybody's looking at Bono at the tip of the ellipse, or the magnificent light show going on behind the stage.

yeah, it's adam... we got a good look at it during the COBL video shoot

it isn't really even a keyboard, it's more like a small little DJ keypad kind of thing

and Edge doesn't play it since he has the guitar riff to play, and Adam doesn't come in until Larry does

korczykp said:
yeah, it's adam... we got a good look at it during the COBL video shoot

it isn't really even a keyboard, it's more like a small little DJ keypad kind of thing

and Edge doesn't play it since he has the guitar riff to play, and Adam doesn't come in until Larry does

I saw the board...It look like a smaller version of a keyboard....I saw the keys.

knox said:
I assume he's been doing that all tour.

People don't notice because everybody's looking at Bono at the tip of the ellipse, or the magnificent light show going on behind the stage.

*If only I had GA's instead of nosebleeds* would've reported this.

He did it all 4 Chicago shows. Before I saw it in person, I thought it was a backing track when I heard it on the bootlegs

this must be new, theres no way he's been doing that since the beginning of the tour! watch the DVD from the opening and...

and also listen to anaheim 1, when the backing tape fails to play and theres only edges guitar. which is weird...

so adam probably picked this up in the last couple of shows...

He's been "playing" the keyboard since the beginning. I remember reading about it early on. I put playing in quotes b/c San Jose II he just walked over and hit it once to start the piano track, then walked away. Kind of lame in my opinion. Edge could do that with his feet.

mirrorballman said:
this must be new, theres no way he's been doing that since the beginning of the tour! watch the DVD from the opening and...

and also listen to anaheim 1, when the backing tape fails to play and theres only edges guitar. which is weird...

so adam probably picked this up in the last couple of shows...

I believe he has been doing it since the beginning; there was a reference to it in U2log.com's entry about opening night. I was surprised no-one at all said anything about it, then I forgot until this thread came along.

Axver said:

I believe he has been doing it since the beginning; there was a reference to it in U2log.com's entry about opening night. I was surprised no-one at all said anything about it, then I forgot until this thread came along.

tough call. when i watch the opening night dvd u cant really tell. although it seems like adam does a step backwards as soon as the lights go on...so maybe he is on keyboards...

it'd be weird that theres absolutely no mention bout this...

how do you explain the anaheim thing then (when there was no backing tape and no piano, just edge playing?)

EDIT: alright mate, just checked out 2nd night! he's on bass all the way, you can see him stand in the dark with his hands on the bass...not near the keyboard...

2nd EDIT: HAHA! Nevermind, I'm just blind, you actually see him play the keyboards...alright, mystery solved then...

Last edited:
Hah, alright, so we've got video confirmation he DID play in San Diego? Guess they just decided not to do it in Anaheim ...

yeah, Adam's been doing it all tour, but for my Anaheim 1 show i guess he decided not to do it :mad: .

we still got one of the best setlists! (besides Chicago 4, of couse)

Back
Top Bottom