about toronto 2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

Fair enough.

I just think a u2 show is more than a list of songs on a piece of paper.

Well said Kelly, you go girl.

I am fed up to the back teeth of all the complaining. If anyone who is moaning about samey setlists would like to pm me and i will happily give you my address over here in rainy old England and you can send me any unwanted tickets you may have for upcoming shows. I will atleast appreciate seeing my fave band in concert again this year.

Thank you for reading.

ouizy said:

Why? Just jealous I guess that you all get to go to so many gigs and I don't.. cos I live on the wrong continent I guess. Why do you have to moan so much.. just makes me realise how unfair life is..

From what I heard the TO2 crowd was pretty fucking lame. If that was really the case than it's not all that surprising U2 shortened the set (although that doesn't explain why that treated the crowd to Bad, but maybe that's just because Lanois was there so they did something special for him.)

Sooooo...Bono didn't really do a backflip?? :sad: this is FAR more disappointing than no Disco/Mofo. I WANT A BONO BACKFLIP!!!!

AtomicBono said:
Sooooo...Bono didn't really do a backflip?? :sad: this is FAR more disappointing than no Disco/Mofo. I WANT A BONO BACKFLIP!!!!

I'd prefer to have him in one piece--at least until I see him! :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

:lmao:

It's worth a try!

hehe...GibsonGirl, don't tempt me---I've been known to do crazier things! I have worn nothing but a barrel in public before....:sexywink:

U2@NYC said:
U2 has to resource to acrobatic moves to keep people's attention, since everyone was already heading to the exits.

As I said earlier, this band is doomed.

yeah, but at least they cut four songs from the setlist last night.

no, i didn't say replace.

i said cut.

isn't that hilarious? they actually DID shake up the setlist...except they didn't even replace anything except bad.

unreal.

I still can't stop laughing about the absurdity of the whole thing. A few "bad" shows this tour and everyone is up in arms.

I mean sweet Jesus, the first few weeks of the POPMART tour were some of the worst shows in their history, but wait, I'm not allowed to say anything negative about POP. My bad.

Lancemc said:
From what I heard the TO2 crowd was pretty fucking lame. If that was really the case than it's not all that surprising U2 shortened the set (although that doesn't explain why that treated the crowd to Bad, but maybe that's just because Lanois was there so they did something special for him.)

Must have been really lame right from the start then as IWF was obviously dropped due to not enough crowd hysteria after 1 song.

More important things like a 'runner' to some high profile social event is probably more likely the reason for the shortened set. I'm all for the band using their 'celebrity currency' to do good, but not to the detriment of the audiences who have helped gain them this lofty perch

Time to worry is when Bono starts backflipping twice

Yeah, well, I agree with what you said, but still...shit happens. It's still not justified to say that U2 should stop touring becuase of one bad night. (I know not everyone is saying that, but there's an example)

Lancemc said:
Yeah, well, I agree with what you said, but still...shit happens. It's still not justified to say that U2 should stop touring becuase of one bad night. (I know not everyone is saying that, but there's an example)

And IT WAS NOT EVEN A BAD NIGHT !!! It was a *slightly* short set-list (they usually play 21-22 songs, big deal they played 20 last night), with a pretty normal running time of about two hours. The show was still very good, even if not excellent by U2 standards. I absolutely can NOT believe all the crap I read here about that show today. Even if most of the reviews, here and on U2tours.com, have been very positive. Damn, I was there and it was great, and it's not like I can't be critical towards U2 or worship everything they do. I can even say that I have seen one or two U2 shows before that were "worst" than last night. And the word "worst" when you talk about U2 is very relative.

So I will allow myself to get pissed off for the first time in 4 years of being on Interference: I am fucking sick of the whining from people who only look at the set-list on the internet and were not even at the show.:mad:

The band was good, Bono sang amazingly well, there were emotions and tears and screams and sing-alongs. I felt, like most of the crowd at any U2 show, so damn happy to be alive and to be there, ok? And I just can't wait to be there again tomorrow night and sing on top of my lungs all those songs that mean so much to me and to all of us.:madspit:

Lancemc said:

someone posted a photo of the setlist - no songs were "cut" during the show, the shorter setlist was decided beforehand

oceane said:

And IT WAS NOT EVEN A BAD NIGHT !!! It was a *slightly* short set-list (they usually play 21-22 songs, big deal they played 20 last night), with a pretty normal running time of about two hours. The show was still very good, even if not excellent by U2 standards. I absolutely can NOT believe all the crap I read here about that show today. Even if most of the reviews, here and on U2tours.com, have been very positive. Damn, I was there and it was great, and it's not like I can't be critical towards U2 or worship everything they do. I can even say that I have seen one or two U2 shows before that were "worst" than last night. And the word "worst" when you talk about U2 is very relative.

So I will allow myself to get pissed off for the first time in 4 years of being on Interference: I am fucking sick of the whining from people who only look at the set-list on the internet and were not even at the show.:mad:

The band was good, Bono sang amazingly well, there were emotions and tears and screams and sing-alongs. I felt, like most of the crowd at any U2 show, so damn happy to be alive and to be there, ok? And I just can't wait to be there again tomorrow night and sing on top of my lungs all those songs that mean so much to me and to all of us.:madspit:

Yes, yes, and yes....I'm inspired like never before after seeing them last night. I desperately want to become a roadie:wink:

Great post...

true, i love Pop. i'm a HUGE 90s fan. i love AB, it's my favorite, by far. shoot i love the 2000s U2. the bomb is top three in my world...... but i'm dissapointed in this short list, but........ it's still their band. however much i hate to see it or say it.... if they feel they can only do 20 one night due to exhaustion or whatever (i've been to several Philly shows, which historically are sandwiched between big ones, so they shaft us constantly, i promise, ask Ax......., we always get short lists, and reruns), they're still the band and they still get to decided.

however much i'd love to here ultraviolet, hawkmoon, miracle drug, drowning man, do you feel loved, all i want is you, sweetest thing, indian summer sky, dirty day and mothers of the disappeared....

i still like the band doing what makes the band pleased, because that's what keeps them together. i want more albums from them. i want more U2. i want more albums and more creativity from a group that actually stands for something and who really can make important and beautiful music.

Hey, what about all of those Zoo Tv show whereas the setlist never change...except for maybe 1 song (flip-flopping Bad w/ SBS) I dont even listen to my Zoo boots anymore cuz of this.

Hey Scotty your from Philly? Im 20 minutes away bro...where were you at the show? I was on the floor the 2nd night

very disappointed that this thread seems to have moved away from the topic - gymnastics.

To any one who wasn't there, stop your whining. This was my first show of the tour (though hopefully not the last). It was incredible. Those who are complaining about shortened sets as an abstract, are wasting everyone's time. It's like complaining about whether the guy in the toilet stall next to you folds or crumples the paper when he wipes his a$$. It's none of your damn business. If you feel shortchanged, don't go. Leave more tickets for the rest of us who want them.

I didn't see a backflip, but there could have been one. For a time I was stuck behind a tall guy with giant hair.

Lastly, the energy of the crowd wasn't great. Toronto is a wonderful city (my hometown), but it's U2 fans are stodgy. I've only been to two shows here, but it's been my experience that people just don't let loose as much here.

wormwood_1986 said:
To any one who wasn't there, stop your whining. This was my first show of the tour (though hopefully not the last). It was incredible. Those who are complaining about shortened sets as an abstract, are wasting everyone's time. It's like complaining about whether the guy in the toilet stall next to you folds or crumples the paper when he wipes his a$$. It's none of your damn business. If you feel shortchanged, don't go. Leave more tickets for the rest of us who want them.

I didn't see a backflip, but there could have been one. For a time I was stuck behind a tall guy with giant hair.

Lastly, the energy of the crowd wasn't great. Toronto is a wonderful city (my hometown), but it's U2 fans are stodgy. I've only been to two shows here, but it's been my experience that people just don't let loose as much here.

I do think Toronto people take the ability to see the band a little more for granted than say, some guy from Newfoundland. It was a journey for me to get to the ACC, but next door for some. But that's it...it goes with the territory. In Toronto, you can get anything, at anytime...including the best bands in the world. I went downtown tonight in St. John's and scanned the posters for shows this weekend...a Neil Diamond tribute band seems to be the main attraction.

The great thing about coming from here is that it keeps you hungry for the big opportunities to see better bands...Pearl Jam is coming here in two weeks for two shows that sold out in minutes. I can guarantee the fans here will be alive (unintentional Pearl Jam pun there...).

As for getting stuck behind a tall guy with giant hair, and all this talk about back-flips, I'll take full responsibility for both:wink:

Back
Top Bottom