A question re: wristbands and GA reentry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronan2standstil

The Fly
This is a question for anyone that has attended any of the Vertigo shows in North America. Do non-ellipse GA wristbands allow you to get back to the place you had on the floor before you went for a coffee/beer/ whatever, or just back into the floor? Presumably its the latter, which means that if you want to get a decent standing place and are not banking on being ellipsed, you just have to get there at 9am, hope theres no one taller in front of you and stay in your spot. Its especially pertinent for the Euro outdoor shows like Twickenham because from experience if you are standing and at the back with 70,000 people in front of you, you might as well be watching on TV. Also, is there any way of finding out how many of the tickets are u2.com, because that obviously affects the time you need to get there if there are queues.

Thanks!

Just back onto the floor - you have to leave your buddy there to save your spot or try to make friends with someone standing by you.
At the 5/9 show the u2.com line was a bit shorter than the regular GA line but not by much - 50 people?!? Not sure.

Thanks- I thought as much. We're going in a group of 10 so no problem saving places, just wondered if there was a way of avaiding standing around in Twickenhan all day with nothing to do, but it sounds like the answer is no!

At least you have to wait it out in North America...but seems like that's be hard to control.
Have fun!
In Chicago I waited all day for GA 5/9 and was 3 people back from the outside center of the Ellipse, on 5/12 I couldn't make it there til a half hour before KOL went on and I was 6 or 7 people back in the same spot.

Last edited:
in short... yes! I was 2nd row at the tip last night ... and the night before i was 6th row at the tip HUGE DIFFERENCE, , , I could feel the energy from Bono during LAPOE

Back
Top Bottom