A "new" song U2 rehearsed at the Staples Centre yesterday (spoiler alert)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladywithspinninghead

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Okay, so a friend of mine (of Toronto-GTA fame) just told me that he went to the arena yesterday afternoon and overheard U2 rehearsing MOFO!!!
I know they rehearsed it back in Toronto (I can confirm they did) so this doesn`t guarantee they`ll play it live but it`s looking more and more likely! :hyper:

He said he almost cried upon hearing this, haha!

Edited: to remove his name but a lot of you know him so it`s a credible source!

Last edited:
:ohmy:

So does this mean I'll definately have to stay up tonight.:|

On the other hand, maybe they're rehearsing this for Vegas. :hyper: :happy:

I :heart: you for putting "spoiler" in the thread title!

and Yippie! Bring on Mofo!:hyper:

YES!!!!!!!

MMMMOOOOOOOFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! (Edges guitar noise)

(Sorry, I get very excited everytime there's a chance they might play Mofo)

MOFO

Hello,hello...I went to last nights show...I was in the front row upper section 301...and during the sound check by the techs right beore the boys took the stage, I swear I heard the drum tech-guy playing MOFO...I couldn't believe it...I tought for sure the were gonna play it....oh well. I'll wait for tonight I'll be there again....MOFO rocks.....looking for the face I had before the world was made......

From @u2.com

Word on the street is that U2 has been rehearsing a couple new songs recently for possible addition to the setlist: "Mofo" and "The Wanderer." The latter has never been played live, and it seems possible that U2's contribution -- which will be pre-taped -- to the upcoming Johnny Cash TV special, I Walk the Line, may be tied into this rehearsal news. "Mofo" hasn't been performed since the PopMart Tour. (Thx Perra)

The Wanderer too?

How many people will leave the coming shows alive i wonder?:wink:

Interesting, I would love for them to play Mofo. I guess I'm skeptical until they do.

The Wanderer does not surprise me really.

Its the encore. the main set is so static these days (im not moaning) that theres nowhere for it to go. Name the last time anything was diffrent except the 'boy' song near the strat i will follow / the ocean etc

Holy fuck. Mofo AND The Wanderer? They might as well kill me now! :drool: :drool: :drool: Why didn't I get tickets for any late third leg shows? Why?

Of course, we know how much hope we can place on rehearsals. But since this is what...the second time Mofo has been rehearsed? The chances of us hearing this are significantly higher than they were a few weeks ago. This is great news!

MOOOFOOO!

Yahweh was put in the main set a few times, All I Want is You came back in a few times...i am sure there have been a few more:)

I read that the audience are not allowed to bring their "recording" devices to the LA show. I hope that's not true..........................:sad: :mad:

Encore I
Mofo
Discotheque
The Fly

I'll be so happy if Mofo returns. Song is underated in the U2 catalog.

alison0313 said:
:ohmy:

So what does Mofo replace in the set??

Anything it fucking wants

Seriously, I hope this is true, and seeing that it's been rehearsed a second time I think that bodes well for it being played. As for The Wanderer, U2 tours did say that that could be for the Johnny Cash Tribute so I won't hold my breath....but to hear Bono sing it :love:

If (and thats a BIG If) they added "The Wanderer" to the regular setlist you would get a lot of excited people around here for a while. But as with "The First Time" the novelty would wear off and people would go back complaining again.

The Wanderer?

whoa, I thought Bono was quoted saying something about Daddy's Gonna Pay...

I was there last night (Along with the very obvious IEM tapers) and listened to the soundcheck. All I heard was the opening with the screaming guitar part. Didn't sound like it was too finished. I'm going tonight too, and hope to hear it.

I hope all the LA'ers get to hear Mofo, so good vibes for Mad & Lila & co.

But I am more excited by The Wanderer, finally we will have a version with Bono on vocals it seems. :drool:

Really, to hell with MOFO, The Wanderer would be the fucking highlight of the tour. Imagine Adam's pounding bass riff supporting Bono's vocals for this song with Edge on backup instead, closing the first encore of the show...:drool:

I really can't think about it without getting the shivers.

Someone said it best a few weeks ago:

"For the first time.....I feel................DADADDADADADADADADDADADADADDADADADADA (Mofo intro)

Back
Top Bottom