A "new" song U2 rehearsed at the Staples Centre yesterday (spoiler alert)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

UNFORGETABLE FIRE!

one of u2 greatest ever tracks but one of the least played live!

andyuk said:
one of u2 greatest ever tracks but one of the least played live!

Not true; it's been played 205 times, placing it in the Top 30 most played U2 songs of all time.

Axver said:

Not true; it's been played 205 times, placing it in the Top 30 most played U2 songs of all time.

And what a wonder that song is live! 22/6/1985. :drool:

See, that's the thing. No matter what new song is played, someone will complain about something about it.

"Mofo was acoustic!"

"Bono forgot every other word to The Unforgettable Fire!"

"Johnny Cash wasn't there to sing The Wanderer!"

Diemen said:
My problem with them playing Mofo is that they'll probably try to strip it down to a rock song like they've done to Discotheque, when Mofo really deserves to be heard in it's full funkadelic, drum machine laden, sonic onslaught form.

I was thinking about that too...
I would be sad if they tried to strip down Mofo.

I think they should skip playing UF though. :|

Kristie said:

I think they should skip playing UF though. :|

Why?! That song is wonderful on the album and it was wonderful when it was done live (even when Bono struggled with the falsetto parts.)

If U2 play Mofo acoustic, I'll have to hop on the next plane, jet off to wherever they are and give them all a collective kick in the nuts. :wink: It wouldn't happen, anyway - both reports so far have mentioned The Edge's "screaming guitar," AKA his guitar played through his Whammy pedal.

corianderstem said:
See, that's the thing. No matter what new song is played, someone will complain about something about it.

"Mofo was acoustic!"

"Bono forgot every other word to The Unforgettable Fire!"

"Johnny Cash wasn't there to sing The Wanderer!"

:lmao:

Mofo acoustic...what a concept...how would that even work :huh:

I don't know how they'd reinvent Mofo, but if it's anything like what they did for Discotheque, I'm all for it. This tour's Discotheque is the best it's ever been and it baffles me why U2 only played it twice after totally changing it. So I think they should bring it back with Mofo :drool:

not gonna happen guys.

we got our walk on and stuck in a moment instead.

honestly who WOULDN'T rather hear those two gems as opposed to mofo and discotheque?

give me the sweet soul, guys! the goal is soul!

I'd rather have walk on and stuck rather than mofo and discotheque as well.

I'd like to see acoustic Staring at the Sun as well. Love how Bono and Edge harmonize on that.

GibsonGirl said:

Why?! That song is wonderful on the album and it was wonderful when it was done live (even when Bono struggled with the falsetto parts.)

If U2 play Mofo acoustic, I'll have to hop on the next plane, jet off to wherever they are and give them all a collective kick in the nuts. :wink: It wouldn't happen, anyway - both reports so far have mentioned The Edge's "screaming guitar," AKA his guitar played through his Whammy pedal.

honestly I never liked it all that much

aside from my personal feelings, I think it would have the potential to really kill the energy in the show. The die-hards would be happy but for most of the people there it would be time for a bathroom break.

It might work if they replaced one of the other slower-tempo rarities they usually play, like the Ocean.

and I would rather hear mofo and discotheque than walk on and stuck in a moment

Mofo a bathroom break? If they play it properly, everyone (including the diehard fans) will wonder what the hell just hit them full in the chest. :D

I think she meant the unforgettable fire.

BTW I think if we'll not hear Mofo tonight, we're not going to get it until the next leg. But who knows :shrug:

Last edited:
it could be just my wishful thinking as i am going to boston and nyc, but i think mofo will be played in either nyc or boston.

nyc had 5 shows last month so you would think that with two more nyc shows in november, the band would have to have something a bit different to bring to the table.

also, there is a week break before the boston shows, which could give them time to refine the mofo magic....

i'm hoping at least. but i really think mofo has a chance for tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom