A "new" song U2 rehearsed at the Staples Centre yesterday (spoiler alert)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lv_bono3.jpg

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow. Good news travels fast it seems. I managed to capture a bit of audio the Prez G Dub discussing Mofo on CNN this morning.

This is him answering the question, "What do you make of rumours U2 will play Mofo on the tour?"

http://s19.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=23BU6GN39ZSWD3V4RFT8HWK32S

I'd love to hear Mofo at one of my remaining 3rd Leg shows, but it doesn't even come close to The Wanderer!!!! That's an incredible song, and to finally hear it get played live would be the perfect culmination to a great tour from U2.

Update from @U2:

Someone also claimed to hear the Unforgettable Fire being rehearsed :faint:

I don't think my heart could take that :ohmy: :drool:

one4u2 said:
Update from @U2:

I think I could die of joy. That song is absolutely one of the three best songs in all of existence.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

one4u2 said:
Update from @U2:

I don't think my heart could take that :ohmy: :drool:
You have got to be kidding. Please tell me you're kidding.

ATTENTION SMART PEOPLE: Could you please invent a teleportation device within the next 6 hours, and teleport me out to the Staples Center in LA? Please?

timothius said:

I found this post surprisingly dissapointing given your uberlove for UF. :tsk: :wink:

UF would be wicked.

You want an essay, eh?

Axver said:

I think I could die of joy. That song is absolutely one of the three best songs in all of existence.

:drool: :drool: :drool:
I rate it as one of the two best U2 songs ever, right up there with UTEOTW!

Could you imagine what would happen if U2 debuted Mofo, Wanderer, and Unforgettable Fire all on the same night? Not only would some audience members need to be taken to the hospital, but I'm pretty sure Interference would simply explode and cease to exist.

Axver said:

You want an essay, eh?

Sure. Or just mix those smileys up.

A drool smiley can only convey so much. You need to throw in a few combusts and faints. Even a hyper smiley can put across a sense of excitement and expectation. An ohmy or shocked smiley will show immense surprise and add to your posting experience. :wink: :wink: :wink:

MOFO, THE WANDERER AND THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE!!! Oh, man I sooooo hope this happens!!!!! Nt just one of them but all 3!!!!:drool:

Queen Bee said:

It's one of my top 3 favorite songs from Zooropa :drool:
Same here. I LOVE that song. It would be fantastic to hear them playing it! :drool:

kellyahern said:
I have to put on Zooropa and listen to The Wanderer, because honestly, I forget how it goes :reject:.

My hubby, who does not share my love of U2...heard The Wanderer come on and said "Is that Johnny Cash?!" :yes: I think he has a new appreciation now :wink:

My kids think it's a funny song. I'm excited about the prospect of MOFO, but would rather hear something else off Zooropa, to be honest. Like, well...Zooropa! Or Dirty Day or Lemon :up:

Does anyone else think that THE WANDERER would be incredibly appropriate for Las Vegas?

How about this as an encore:

Mofo
Discothèque
The Unforgettable Fire
The Wanderer

Re-worked versions of those songs made to follow each other perfectly live would be out of this world!!!! :hyper:

cleazer said:
I rate it as one of the two best U2 songs ever, right up there with UTEOTW!

1. Streets
2. Bad
3. The Unforgettable Fire

I adore JT/Lovetown Tour shows with all three. How I wish I could've gone!

Could you imagine what would happen if U2 debuted Mofo, Wanderer, and Unforgettable Fire all on the same night? Not only would some audience members need to be taken to the hospital, but I'm pretty sure Interference would simply explode and cease to exist.

I suspect I would pay a visit to the local morgue.

timothius said:

Sure. Or just mix those smileys up.

A drool smiley can only convey so much. You need to throw in a few combusts and faints. Even a hyper smiley can put across a sense of excitement and expectation. An ohmy or shocked smiley will show immense surprise and add to your posting experience. :wink: :wink: :wink:

You need smiley variation now? :madspit: :mad: :angry:

Back
Top Bottom