A few thoughts after watching the San Diego DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of the lucky few to get inside the bomb shelter that night (it seemed 1/2 empty). I felt like I was the only one screaming and jumping up and down. It seemed like the other truely fanatic fans were gathered in front of the main stage. I was on the rail at the center of the ellipse and felt almost alone in my enthusiasm.

This dvd is just the beginning... I know that the first 4 shows were captured and will be assembled into multi cam 'productions' by some hard core fans who made it their mission to document the tour.

It's only going to get better!

u2wedge said:
This dvd is just the beginning... I know that the first 4 shows were captured and will be assembled into multi cam 'productions' by some hard core fans who made it their mission to document the tour.

awesome! i am so excited to see all of this... especially the SD DVD, which i should receive sometime next week! please keep us posted, u2wedge, on this 4-cam DVD...

:)

ImOuttaControl said:
I was sort of waiting to be able to "see" a show before I wanted to comment too much on the Vertigo Tour. I got my San Diego DVD in the mail this morning and it's great! Here are a few things that stood out the first time I watched.

The opening song--- I actually thought COBL came across better when you can see it than just on the audio bootlegs, although opening night it seems COBL was sort of lifeless.

The Boy songs--- Awesome. I still think that 3/4 of the crowd is clueless when U2 starts up these songs--3 relatively unknown songs to anybody who isn't a huge fan-- this isn't good for getting a good vibe from the crowd. I don't think the Boy songs should be dropped, but perhaps An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart would work better a little later in the set.

Love and Peace or Else-- The highlight for sure! For that very reason I'm not sure if it should open the show, even though before the tour I always said I thought it should open. Now that I've seen it on the boot, the best performanceshouldn't be first IMO.

Streets-- :yuck: My least favorite version of the song ever. I like the African style singing, but I cringe when I hear "Africa! Africa! Africa!" Aside from that it's still great to the ears, but the visuals that go along with it just suck IMO. Bring back the "blinding lights" and the red screens.

Zoo Station-- I love the song, but I have a feeling it won't be a regular song on the setlist. Even the hardcore fans who are right up front are barely groovin along.

A couple other random notes:

For the most part, I think the lighting and the LED curtains are awesome.

The Ellipse---- Get rid of the damn lottery system! It was really sad to watch this bootleg and see 1/2 of the people inside the ellipse just standing there, not dancing or anything. I should actually post a screenshot on here where you can easily see a group of about 5-6 people standing there, looking bored with their hands in their pockets when Bono is right in front of them! Turn it back to first come, first serve. Give people a wristband when they show up, tell them to go their merry way and come back to line up at 5 o'clock (something that definitely can't be removed and put back on to be sold by scalpers tho).
[/QUOTE

Here is a thought... you mindless twat. DON'T FRICKIN' BUY DVD's OFF EBAY!!!

u2wedge said:

:hyper: :hyper:

Re: Re: A few thoughts after watching the San Diego DVD

Thee Kavorka said:
[/B][/QUOTE

Here is a thought... you mindless twat. DON'T FRICKIN' BUY DVD's OFF EBAY!!! [/B]

Here's a thought... you fuckin piece of shit. I'LL DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT!!!

Last edited:
Chizip said:
yes, all the ugly people in the heart at slane were going crazy for the entire concert

but unfortunately i can barely watch that dvd because the people are so ugly

ha.

Re: Re: A few thoughts after watching the San Diego DVD

Thee Kavorka said:

Here is a thought... you mindless twat. DON'T FRICKIN' BUY DVD's OFF EBAY!!!

ImOuttaControl said:

Here's a thought... you fuckin piece of shit. I'LL DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT!!!

Please see our forum rules regarding name calling and personal attacks etc.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: A few thoughts after watching the San Diego DVD

NYRangers78 said:

im outta control...did u get the one that was shot from the upper left???

Yep. It was on e-bay the day after the show so I couldn't pass it up. I'm really looking forward to the rumored 4 cam mixes that will be out.

Re: Re: Re: A few thoughts after watching the San Diego DVD

neutral said:

Please see our forum rules regarding name calling and personal attacks etc.

Yep, I knew I was breaking the rules. If people Thee Kavorka want to be a jackass and call people a "mindless twat" for no reason--with no warning from mods--I'll tell them off every time (notice I waited to reply to Thee Kavorka's comment 5 hours after he posted it. He recieved no warning so I really didn't care.):shrug:

I'm still baffled by the number of people who claim to have trouble with Torrent. ?? It's been so easy for me and everyone I know to get shows on Torrent.

ImOuttaControl said:

The Ellipse---- Get rid of the damn lottery system! It was really sad to watch this bootleg and see 1/2 of the people inside the ellipse just standing there, not dancing or anything. I should actually post a screenshot on here where you can easily see a group of about 5-6 people standing there, looking bored with their hands in their pockets when Bono is right in front of them! Turn it back to first come, first serve. Give people a wristband when they show up, tell them to go their merry way and come back to line up at 5 o'clock (something that definitely can't be removed and put back on to be sold by scalpers tho).

I agree with you on getting rid of the lottery system, I still think it should be first come first serve. But I was in the San Diego Ellipse opening night, Im one of the people that jumps around and sings the whole concert, but Im not one of those people that when Bono comes around I have to touch him. I really dont see the point in touching Bono, unless your female, but personally I just sit there when Bono comes by us. But everbody's diffrent, some just like to lay back and relax and enjoy the show, when others like to go insane, either way, its all good!

Re: Re: Re: Re: A few thoughts after watching the San Diego DVD

ImOuttaControl said:

Yep, I knew I was breaking the rules. If people Thee Kavorka want to be a jackass and call people a "mindless twat" for no reason--with no warning from mods--I'll tell them off every time (notice I waited to reply to Thee Kavorka's comment 5 hours after he posted it. He recieved no warning so I really didn't care.):shrug:

I'm sorry if our warnings are not always fast enough for everyone's tastes but we can't be in every thread 24 hours a day. This was the first time I had seen the post calling you a "mindless twat" and I replied with a warning immediately. You can always use the report button to get a mods attention faster instead of just breaking the rules in a reply.

Last edited:
Bottom line, no name calling. Whatever the reason, take it up in private if you want to bicker at each other.

I'm closing this.. move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom