90,000 u2.com members question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

usamilo

The Fly
I have been reading forums at several sites. I remember reading a post from someone that had talked to a live person someway connected with U2.com I believe several days before the presale who said something about there being 90,000 members to U2.com. Anybody remember seeing this? I want to know if it specified whether the 90,000 was paid members or the number included non-paid members.

I ain't sure but check out a article called "Vertigo 2005: Money Changes Everything" on @U2. It states "Fanfire has been telling fans recently that they've sold upwards of 100,000 U2.com memberships". So I would guess it means paid members.

There's over 100,000........I checked plenty of days ago........if you go on Zootopia and click the username list...........then type in some outrageously high number at the end, it automatically takes you to the last list of twenty names.........then just do the math...........

100,000 fans.......20 concerts...........1000 "in the heart" or whatever each show.......that means 80,000 were bound to be unsatisfied......perhaps even more because the fans in GA Floor were able to get two tickets a piece........and then most of those GA floor tickets are currently in scalper's hands.............just awful.

usamilo said:
I have been reading forums at several sites. I remember reading a post from someone that had talked to a live person someway connected with U2.com I believe several days before the presale who said something about there being 90,000 members to U2.com. Anybody remember seeing this? I want to know if it specified whether the 90,000 was paid members or the number included non-paid members.

I think that was my post you saw (I'm Jennie on u2.com)....I spoke to a lady at Fanfire and she said that there were about 90,000 PAID u2.com memberships, worldwide. But Who really knows. They really don't know what the hell they are talking about most of the time anyway.

I just called and the "supervisor" told me they had over 100k PAID members. Insane they would allow that many members to join. U2, the band, could have easy requested that fanfire limit memberships after a certain point to allow us to get good tickets, like was promised.

Guinness Stout said:
why wouldnt they allow that many paid members to join, its an easy 4 million bucks for them, what do they care.

They of course need the 4 million bucks to help defer the costs of all that fine "exclusive" content we paid memebers are enjoying:laugh:

Don't diss the exclusive content. I love watching the videos on those iddy-biddy screens. Oh, oh, and all of those songs that I have on CD and that I can play in my car...I'd much rather listen to a lower quality version of those on my computer. Yeah! I love U2 Exclusive Content.

Sorry, a bit OT.

And oh yeah, I totally agree about that 90,000+ thing.

I also called Fanfire a few times and was told the 90,000 members as well. That was the day before the presale.

Here's the worst part...I called Fanfire after U2.com was advertising the memberships, sometime in late November, and a Fanfire sales rep told me there was no limit on the number of presale shows you buy from as a member, just a limit on number of tix per show. I ordered the membership, then we got all the emails from U2.com around January 20 that started to really tell us the details that we never saw before- the one show limit, the 10% of tickets released per venue, and the limited concert schedule that was backwards from previous tours. I called Fanfire Monday, Jan. 24, the day before the presale and ANOTHER SALES REP TOLD ME AGAIN THAT THERE WAS NO LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF PRESALE SHOWS THAT MEMBERS COULD BUY. Twice I was told that. I asked for a supervisor, and she said there is a limit, but the damage was done- I already bought the membership. I wonder how many people who bought memberships were told this false information. I bought my membership because they directly told me there was no limit. Now they won't even offer refunds. IF you were lied to/ bought your membership on false grounds, like I did, you should be eligible for a refund.

Last edited:
but you know who the smart ones are? The millions who didn't pay $40 or $20 to join u2.con, us 100k are the suckers.

Back
Top Bottom