8 weeks of continued leg 4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
According to U2log.com:

"Hurry up, U2.com. Announce those tour dates because a believable birdy told us the resumed fourth leg of the Vertigo Tour will last 8 weeks and wrap up by mid-December."

:hmm: 8 weeks is about two months right? Isn't that a bit long for just 10 dates?

If so, the band could easily play a set of indoor dates throughout Europe from mid-October till mid-November...... :drool: :drool:
.........Ticket hassle wouldn't be much of a problem; give U2.com members with a Propaganda-history first bite of the chew, then regular U2.com members and finally sell the remaining tickets in pairs to the general public....
...man, would that be great.... :drool: :drool: :drool:
I'll keep dreaming...

U2girl said:
According to U2log.com:

"and wrap up by mid-December."

:hmm:

This makes me wonder.

Are those rumored Japan dates wrong?
Perhaps drop the 1 : 4 and 5 December 2006
Or is Hawaii no longer the last show of the tour?

And :yes: ; 8 weeks for just the 10 original scheduled shows seems way too long.

So perhaps they did add some dates.

Last edited:
Maybe the Indian subcontinent and southeast Asia are FINALLY going to get U2 shows, and maybe the Vertigo Tour will go to South Africa ...

Axver said:
Maybe the Indian subcontinent and southeast Asia are FINALLY going to get U2 shows, and maybe the Vertigo Tour will go to South Africa ...

With all of the Africa consciousness, no concert there? I understand that there are problems with this but, c'mon, don't they deserve it?

We can pretty much rule out the states. Boston and New York def not gonna happen. They have been here a lot, and Europe once. No doin'. It would not shock me if they did an arena leg on Europe. Prolly Earl's Court, Hallam FM, Evening News Arenas, maybe the Bercy and Ahoy.

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
It would not shock me if they did an arena leg on Europe. Prolly Earl's Court, Hallam FM, Evening News Arenas, maybe the Bercy and Ahoy.
SMB

:up: :up: for an indoor leg in Europe.. Think of this scenario; July-August holiday with the families in the South of France. September band rehearsals in France/Ireland, early October some warm up production rehearsals to get into the groove and then about 15 indoor shows in, let's say, 10 European cities in October before wrapping it all up in the Pacific... .:drool:
...where can I sign for this scenario?? :wink:

Bono's Tart said:
Thta would be nice but its unlikley, but with U2 you just never know!!

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but then again think of Lovetown; australia, New Zealand, Japan and limited number of shows in Europe...
I don't count on anything; my system is programmed for another U2 tour in 2009 or so.......

rescheduled Vertigo Tour

It's that the rescheduled dates will be rescheduled over an eight-week period...not that they'll follow their usual schedule (play for three nights, take a night or two off, etc.) for two months. For example, there might be one or two concerts in October due to limited availability at venues. Then they'll go to another location in November and another location in December. Plus going from Japan to Australia to Hawaii won't happen in a vacuum.

Bronwyn
www.myspace.com/brononline

Last edited:
Wow, the legendary BRONO makes her debut comments after four years here on Interference!

California's greatest U2 fan, welcome back!

...wait a sec... good photo of Bono on your Myspace site, but what's with that Coldplay music?? sacrilege

Last edited:
U2 has commitments related to U2 by U2 into the end of October, so eight weeks ending in mid-December seems to be off base. The eight weeks could be all of November and all of December.

Zooropean103 said:
^ And then you will cry when it will be impossible to get a ticket for it :p

I will. I will. I must.
Trust me, if they play in Europe, I will get a ticket. I have no choice.

(But you do have a point.)

I'm wondering if they would want to pay the crew for eight weeks with only ten dates and a lot of long breaks. It would not seem that strange if they have arranged for more concert dates. But Europe... I dare not dream about it :drool:

They should definately play a show in South Africa. With all Bono's activism in that continent it is almost hypocritcal for them not to! Even if money is lost from going there, it would be great for the country to have U2 there! :)

Last edited:
I have a friend whom worked on U2's crew until the postponement this spring. He just went out on another tour with someone else because it was for longer than the 6 weeks he was told the U2 tour would be. I, like everyone else, would like to see extra dates, but it doesn't appear it will happen, sorry.

russmadem said:
I have a friend whom worked on U2's crew until the postponement this spring. He just went out on another tour with someone else because it was for longer than the 6 weeks he was told the U2 tour would be. I, like everyone else, would like to see extra dates, but it doesn't appear it will happen, sorry.

Er, whether it's 6 or 8 weeks, that implies extra dates, as the originally scheduled 10 dates covered just 3 weeks and 2 days.

russmadem said:

i heard the same thing from a crew member, though he said u2's tour was going to run about 8 weeks and end in mid-december. looks like u2 is losing most of their old crew because of the short duration of the tour--more profitable to go with other bands for longer periods. i bet your friend and mine are working the same tour!

and while there could be extra dates, i think the 6 or 8 week period allows for time to get stuff built and some breaks in between shows. maybe extra dates added to already existing cities, but i'd be surprised to see whole new continents added, as it has been speculated.

:no: the boys aren't going to add new shows in any new continents. I predict they are going to get out there, make up the 10 dates that were initially post-poned and perhaps a few added dates in same cities here and there. Then Vertigo Tour is over. :(

What do we define as an added continent? Because I think this US/Europe speculation is baseless wishful thinking, but I'm hoping U2's Asian dates will extend beyond Japan to include somewhere like India, Singapore, or South Korea.

i reckon there might be some new places added but not in europe maybe some of the following india, dubai, south africa, china, hong kong

Back
Top Bottom