8 weeks of continued leg 4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only problem is: Do people in Hong Kong want to hear U2? The Japanese are the most western-oriented country in Asia in terms of music anyway... Could they even fill a stadium in South Korea?

God Part III said:
The only problem is: Do people in Hong Kong want to hear U2? The Japanese are the most western-oriented country in Asia in terms of music anyway... Could they even fill a stadium in South Korea?

You make it sound like they don't have music. Other bands seem to do just fine touring Asia; I know the Rolling Stones have played in southeast Asian stadiums and even Dream Theater (prog metal, not at all mainstream) has successfully toured Asia.

The Beatles played Hong Kong(twice?) and played to 100,000 people in Manilla, Philipines. 40+ years later U2 have yet to visit these two countries.

Many groups have played those countries in the past couple decades.

u2fp

Steved1998 said:
Why would U2 ever play in India?

Because a sixth of the world's population lives there and it has a huge middle class?

Why WOULDN'T U2 play in India?

Axver said:

You make it sound like they don't have music. Other bands seem to do just fine touring Asia; I know the Rolling Stones have played in southeast Asian stadiums and even Dream Theater (prog metal, not at all mainstream) has successfully toured Asia.

Of course, but again, there must be a reason why U2 has never toured in Asia like that. If there was a market for it, I think they'd play there.

But that's just me, clinging on to my wild hopes of a return to Europe.

God Part III said:

Of course, but again, there must be a reason why U2 has never toured in Asia like that. If there was a market for it, I think they'd play there.

Look at it this way: when was the last time U2 satisfied ticket demand in even Europe? It comes as no surprise to me that they haven't gotten around to Asia. Hell, it's taken them 8 years to get back down to Australia and look at the demand!

Also, I'd speculate the problem isn't the demand to see U2, but more based on organisation and transport costs. It would cost far more to take a tour from India to Thailand to Australia to Japan than around western Europe.

Filmed in Morocco, yes. But still very India-esque. No prize smartass. It's just ludicrous that any U2 fan, or anyone for that matter, would question why the greatest band in the world would tour in a particular country.

brono said:
Filmed in Morocco, yes. But still very India-esque. No prize smartass. It's just ludicrous that any U2 fan, or anyone for that matter, would question why the greatest band in the world would tour in a particular country.
I'm all for them touring anywhere outside of the US and Europe, especially places they have not been before. How many more tours will they do and with this in mind there's a chance a heap of people around the world might never get to see them in the flesh. But I was struggling with the Mysterious Ways -> Morocco -> India connection!

South Africa... wow that's just a crazy thought, U2 in Africa! (i know they have done it before but still). I've always wanted to go to South Africa, and I am already on the right continent! Screw going back home for Christmas break!

Hmm...:drool: Must stop dreaming right now!

Last edited:
I think the thread title needs to be changed to "8 weeks of continued WAITING for leg 4's ANNOUNCEMENT".

Re: Re: 8 weeks of continued leg 4?

Miringeltje said:

Are those rumored Japan dates wrong?
Perhaps drop the 1 : 4 and 5 December 2006
Or is Hawaii no longer the last show of the tour?

And :yes: ; 8 weeks for just the 10 original scheduled shows seems way too long.

So perhaps they did add some dates.

What are the rumored Japan dates? Japan's the show I've got tickets for!

Re: Re: Re: 8 weeks of continued leg 4?

maycocksean said:

What are the rumored Japan dates? Japan's the show I've got tickets for!

Japan has been rumoured for 14 and 15 December at the Tokyo Dome.

^Thanks. Though I just found out ETS (who I got my tickets through) has gone out of business. So it sounds like I've got a lot more crap to wade through before I'm back counting down the days until I go to see my first U2 show.

Back
Top Bottom