6 Shows and no curse words

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say it has more to do with the fact that Bono has young children and doesn't want to be accused of hypocrisy if he tells them off for swearing.

Swearing is very much a "Dublin thing" unfortunately, if you find swearing offensive you wouldn't want to be in a Dublin pub at around half eleven at night when the bar-man stops serving drinks. :wink:

because someone mentioned something along the lines that whoever is bothered by words are also the ones who blindly support bush and his war on terror. ....every topic that people talk about either online or in the real world must mention bush. maybe theres a quota...lol. i just stubbed my toe...should i blame bush for it?

Last edited:
NYRangers78 said:
but isnt it funny how people always want to come to america? im sure immigrants in iraq would rather be depressed in america instead of living every day under the risk of being thrown into shredders in iraq for not scoring a goal for the iraq soccer team or cubans living under communism.

Well, don't count me in, matey. I have no desire to go anywhere near the US, thanks. (I have travelled abroad, thank you, before you ask).

The rest of your statement is wrong on so many levels, but this discussion belongs in another part of this forum, not this thread.

how is the rest of my statement wrong on so many levels?? youre telling me guys in iraq would rather worry about getting thrown into a shredder and killed then being homesick and depressed in america? or people in cuba would rather be under communism then be in america? or asians would rather be in their respective countries instead of taking the chance getting smuggled into america and opening up asian food restaurants and dry cleaners?? or all the illegal irish that live on mclean avenue in yonkers new york? thats why the illegal immigrant smuggling trade makes so much money. that people from cuba risk their lives trying to get into america sailing on old rusted cars?? or jose contreras of the yankees ( then traded to the white sox) risked his life to come here to america and his families life? not to mention that half the immigrants that come to america dont have everything properly set up before they come here. whereas when my dad came to america, he waited to come to america until he had a sponsor, a job and an apartment lined up. not a job where he was making minimum wage and sharing the apartment with 9 other mexicans or irish who hadnt a fucking clue on how to make it in america. not to mention that he didnt come to america illegally and was then stuck with a shit job that would surely set him into depression.

people always want to come to america and people always want to come to new york or california. enough said. show me statistics or whatever proof you have that the majority of immigrants all over the world looking for a new place to live dont choose america first. show me how my statement is wrong on so many levels.

Last edited:
NYRangers78 said:
how is the rest of my statement wrong on so many levels?? youre telling me guys in iraq would rather worry about getting thrown into a shredder and killed then being homesick and depressed in america? or people in cuba would rather be under communism then be in america? or asians would rather be in their respective countries instead of taking the chance getting smuggled into america and opening up asian food restaurants and dry cleaners?? or all the illegal irish that live on mclean avenue in yonkers new york? thats why the illegal immigrant smuggling trade makes so much money. that people from cuba risk their lives trying to get into america sailing on old rusted cars?? or jose contreras of the yankees ( then traded to the white sox) risked his life to come here to america and his families life?

people always want to come to america and people always want to come to new york or california. enough said. show me statistics or whatever proof you have that the majority of immigrants all over the world looking for a new place to live dont choose america first. show me how my statement is wrong on so many levels.

many come to europe, too, it's not only america. but just lets fall down this politician argue, ok? i know yours is just an answer, but that's not the main theme of this thread which is quite interesting, don't get the risk they may close this thread, many people may still post something interesting about

i wasnt looking to talk politics...someone mentioned bush, then someone else who is american mentioned leaving america....thats where it started. i didnt start anything. im just giving my opinion. to each his own...:) im sure many go to europe..but i dont think as many as america. if im wrong..show me statistics.

Last edited:
NYRangers78 said:
i wasnt looking to talk politics...someone mentioned bush, then someone else who is american mentioned leaving america....thats where it started. i didnt start anything. im just giving my opinion. to each his own...:) im sure many go to europe..but i dont think as many as america. if im wrong..show me statistics.

yes, i know you didn't start nothing, i've read the posts, there'd be an infinite discussion about immigration, but here it's the wrong place! :wink: if someone says something that may irritate you get just over it, it's not everytime simple but we must do it when it's right! right? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom