5 nights in LA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think 5 nights at Staples is possible if the tour is being rerouted to where the first leg is only the Western US and the 3rd leg is the Eastern US. On that tour itinerary that was leaked in december, November was to have brought a return to California, as well as shows in Las Vegas. Now we're hearing that Vegas is on the first leg, while places like Atlanta that were set for March are now in November.
I think it's entirely possible that there will not be a return to the West Coast in the third leg, so 5 shows at Staples could happen.

There are a few people on U2.com saying that Star 98.7 in LA is saying that the tour will be announced on Monday.

It seems they're also holding a contest (its on their website) where if you're caller 20 after hearing a U2 song you can win tickets for opening night (where ever that may be).

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
hopefully so ramblin. That would back up the rumor that the tour is due to be announced on the 24th (which would be monday).

one can sure hope! :wink:

The way I see it, one of these rumours will eventually be right, right?:huh:

I just bought tickets for the Grammy's from a ticket broker...They said that U2 will be playing Anaheim in April...He would not give me specific dates...so we can add that to the rumor mill as well...

Staples Center is pretty nice as long as you are not in the 300 level. The sound can be terrible up there and the 3 levels of luxury boxes push those seats up way too high.

Besides the Forum, the guys could actually rehearse the tour at the LA Memorial Sports Arena, where they played in 1982, 83, 85, 87 and 92. The Sports Arena is used even less than the Forum these days, so I could see that happening.

I love the Sports Arena! I have some fond concert memories from there! :heart:

I hate everything about the Staples Center: the sound, the parking, the layout, the freeway exits, the parking, the prices, the parking, the sound....

Back
Top Bottom