4th leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bridonohue

War Child
just got in the mail an order form for the kennedy centers distinguished speakers series here in dc. bono is schedule to be the featured speaker on feb. 3rd. i know he can fly any where quickly, but it makes it a bit unlikely he'll be down under around then. just wanted to post this confirmed date.

Well, the current word on the street is that U2 will be down here in March.

So I don't think an early February speaking engagement should be any cause for concern.

ok, then that is obviously doable. if anyone is interested in going to the talk you have to buy tickets for the series as a whole, four lectures by: bono, larry king, dr. phil, and bobby flay/rachael ray. the cheapest seats are $225 each, the orchestra seats $395. bono's speech will be at the hilton just north of dupont circle.

has there been any type of confirmed dates floated for a fourth leg. seems they have been non-commital

bridonohue said:
has there been any type of confirmed dates floated for a fourth leg. seems they have been non-commital

No, but from what I hear, only final details are left to organise. I have seen this stated for Australia for March:

Brisbane - 2 shows, Entertainment Centre (indoors)
Sydney - 4 shows, Super Dome (indoors)
Melbourne - 2 shows, Optus Oval (outdoors, due to lack of venue availability caused by Commonwealth Games)

Now while some might scoff at that, saying "as if U2 would bring the stadium setup down for two shows", bear in mind they don't need to! Elevation's arena setup, with just some minor modifications, worked fine at a few stadiums and amphitheatres on the European leg. I'm sure this tour's arena stage could be appropriately adjusted too.

blueeyedgirl said:

Bono lecturing with Larry King and Dr Phil??????? Just what crowd do they want?????:huh:

he is not lecturing with them. He is part of a series of speakers who are speaking on different dates. The other three mentioned are speaking at the kennedy center. Bono is speaking at the Washington Hilton on Feb 3rd, 2006.

bridonohue said:
if anyone is interested in going to the talk you have to buy tickets for the series as a whole

Hmmm... I wonder if anyone will be selling broken-up tickets to individual shows.. I'll have to keep an eye out. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom