4 Shows, Now Silence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I expected the boards to explode during these 4 shows @ MSG.

But they were a hell of a lot more active before these shows actually happened.

I guess no big surprises has calmed the crowd. I assume like most people now, no one expects any crazy set lists as if they didn't do it last night, why would they bust it out ever.

I saw 3 of those shows and I had the most fun at Friday's show for whatever reason... but I think Monday's show was the best one of the 4. To be fair I didn't see Saturday's show although I love Bono yelling at the fan. So many people talked around me last night and screaming shit like "get off your soapbox". Who comes to a U2 show and doesn't know you'll get a little of that?

And then the guy next to me says this is his like 35 show in his life, but he didn't know much about the setlist or what song they might play. He kept asking me questions. It was very strange.

Anyway, where's all the buzz..

After the setlist parties, there seems to be little else.

It makes me sad. Cry. Cry.

I think it woul dhave been crazier here if there were more band sightings etc, but as far as I can tell, no one knows where the hell the boys have been in NYC during their stay here.

Weird, really quiet.

No bars, restaurants, nothing - the newspapers are not even reporting it...

Hmmmm....

What I find strange is that Bono is not making a big deal about the 5 night stand at MSG during any of the shows.

I would have...

yeah, everyone's tired....Bono's voice, the band, the posters and the lurkers. Even appears the encore seems tired. Hope they get rev'ed back up by time they hit the Motor City.

Very weird indeed. I think there was a bookstore signing sighting and a gallery viewing and Bono walking the streets by himself. That's about it. And it was Gavin's birthday....no late night partying at the Spotted Pig? Maybe they were all hanging out at Bono's pad?

If night four's set hadn't been virtually the same as night one's, I imagine there'd be a lot more noise here.

Sooooo, are there any other shows between now and Sunday, or is there next stop in PHILLY!?!?!?! :rockon: Woooooo!

Lancemc said:
Sooooo, are there any other shows between now and Sunday, or is there next stop in PHILLY!?!?!?! :rockon: Woooooo!

NYC V is on the 14th.

one more MSG, then two Philly's!!!!!!!!!

hopefully the few days off, and a cheesesteak clears up Bono's voice and inspires the whole shebang!

scottyT said:
one more MSG, then two Philly's!!!!!!!!!

hopefully the few days off, and a cheesesteak clears up Bono's voice and inspires the whole shebang!

:rockon: Can't wait, bro.

For some reason, when I was in the shower tonight, I had a vision of Until the End of the World being played! Maybe it's a sign that we'll get it in Philly. :|

Ok, I'm sure it's not, but it would still be sweet.

Lancemc said:

:rockon: Can't wait, bro.

For some reason, when I was in the shower tonight, I had a vision of Until the End of the World being played! Maybe it's a sign that we'll get it in Philly. :|

Ok, I'm sure it's not, but it would still be sweet.
:drool:

the guitar edge uses for it was out on stage at MSG saturday night--Dallas messed around with it, conferenced with edge, then they took it back off the stage :sad:

hope to see some of you at MSG Friday or the Philly shows! :hyper:

I was there on Friday and Saturday... I loved both shows. I thought they had alot of energy. Maybe that show back in May got overhyped?!? and that's why we're not all that excited. I don't know, I was blown away being in the ellipse on Friday though... I think there may be a shift back to excitement after the Friday night show at the Garden. I do think it's apparent that something is going on with Larry, whether it be his back, his arms, or whatever, and that may be why the encores haven't been as enthusiastic and varied as some people may have wanted. I will say that the quasi-acoustic version of wild horses was pretty good on Saturday, and First Time was pretty good. Besides, it has to be hard to maintain ethusiasm and energy when you are staying in one place for a week, even if it is New York. Have faith people going to Show #5, you may be in for a treat, I know they ended with a bang when they played Jersey in May.:wink:

i bet we've seen each other at shows--i was in the ellipse friday night and at the jersey show in may in the GA....i agree, both shows were totally amazing in MSG Fri and Sat.

I was at the show Monday night and it was absolutely fantastic. Bono's voice was great, the Edge was on fire and Adam and Larry were just perfect. I had such a great time and so did all the people sitting in my section. Every muscle in my body is sore from dancing and jumping and singing! I was thrilled to hear Miss Sarajevo and Bad, two songs that were my highlight. I went to the show with some friends at work and they are still talking and singing. Maybe people are just not as board savy who are seeing these shows!

I was also at the show last May and yes, it was perhaps overhyped, but come on.........this tour is just amazing.

Loved the tour. Loved them. Just curious why so quiet, got some answers. Rock on.

Well I've got the post New York blues :( I really fell in love with the city this time, particularly the Lower East Side and want to move there for ever.. so I miss the U2 factor and the NYC factor and am jetlagged so rather like Mr Headache I'm very tired.

I met so many amazing people on the weekend... my buddy and I have left with at least 15 number of Irish and Americans that became friends.. it really was an incredible, adreniline-filled, late and boozy blast.

Back
Top Bottom