3rd leg dates announced soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KentK

The Fly
Saw this on u2tours.com:

U2tours.com is hearing tips on several fronts that U2 will announce the 3rd leg of the Vertigo Tour as soon as early March, with ticket sales to follow immediately. One tip, for example, comes from Buffalo, where the word on the street is a November 22nd concert, with tickets going on sale March 19th.

Wow-- that seems so soon, doesn't it? Most people are still working out their 1st leg plans it seems.

I hope all of you who saved your pre-sale codes will get the first crack! And I REALLY hope that the have the whole pre-sale system revamped this time, but I'm doubtful...

Saved pre-sale code`s ? Are there fans outhere with pre-sale code`s ?

Pre-sales begin march sounds good to me though.

:hmm:

i hope it doesnt. i hope they wait til at least their on the european leg before announcing it. I need to save some more u2 funds, I've spent so much on the first leg :huh:

While excited about the idea of knowing the 3rd leg dates - I'm with you - I've spent way too much on tickets for the first leg - need to save up for the 3rd :crazy:

Yeah, I'm one of those people who saved their pre-sale codes, but them possibly announcing the 3rd leg and also selling tickets in March worries me. Sure, it'd be friggin' sweet to find out now where the concerts would be, but not sure if they'd have time to fix the whole people-who-saved-their-codes-or-got-screwed-out-of-tickets-in-the-1st-presale debacle. 'Cause if that happens again, I will simultaneously puke and crap my pants. :barf:

Regarding the "fixing" of the presale for leg 3, not sure if everybody noticed this on u2.com:

-----------
Vertigo//2005 Tour

Presales for U2.Com Subscribers for the Vertigo//2005 Tour are now - with the exception of Portugal - just about over..

Thanks to everyone who took part.

Most Subscribers have been successful in securing tickets for the North American and European dates announced so far.

But we had some problems, particularly on the North American leg, and some Subscribers have not been able to get tickets for the dates announced so far.

As Larry explained in an open letter to fans, the band are now making plans for a return to North America in the fall.

With this in mind, we are working out a new presale ticketing system aimed at prioritising long-time Propaganda members who joined U2.Com and have yet to get tickets and at other U2.Com Subscribers who have yet to get tickets - based on when they joined.

No dates have been announced for the fall leg of the 'Vertigo Tour' in North America and no further information is yet available.

I still need to pay for my flight to see them in Chicago!!!! I guess thats what credit cards are for.

Sometimes you have to spend a little more.

I think they will wait til July/August to announce the dates and have tickets go on sale simply bc of the Edges daughter. If times get tough its a lot easier to cancel dates that have no gone on sale yet.

RademR said:
i hope it doesnt. i hope they wait til at least their on the european leg before announcing it. I need to save some more u2 funds, I've spent so much on the first leg :huh:

no sh*t! 5 shows on the first leg for me (none in cities near me, so flying to them) and I need to at least pay off some bills before I add to the pile :( and if they go on sale when I'm in the midst of traveling I'll be so pissed...

Great!

I guess that saving my pre-sale code will pay off and given tht I was a former Prop member I should be able to get what I want with a new system... hmmm, GAs for MSG here I come.

starsgoblue said:
Whew...I need a bit more time to get some money together for Cbus....:huh:

Have you heard anything about a Columbus show for real? That would just make my year if they play in Cbus again, so I don't have to spend a shitload of money to travel.

I really wish they'd put the tickets on sale in June at the earliest. I know they probably want to cash in on this extremely large demand that exists right now, and also to sell out their shows now before the Stones, Springsteen and McCartney put their shows on sale for their rumored fall tour. It'd actually be a smart move on their part to have all their shows for the year sellout now. BUT, I can't afford that!! This tour came at a very transitional period of my life.

Back
Top Bottom