2nd Leg - Stadiums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the stage will remain the same, probably bigger, but the curtains will be replaced with a large screen or screens behind the band to cater for the bigger crowd. Visually I imagine it will be grander.

Neilz said:

Oh that picture... Well, this is nearly a seatingchart to point out the sightlines... I have seen many seatingcharts for the US arena's too which also don't resemble the current stage... You are saying this is the official design for Europe? I'm saying it is a seatingchart for Munich Stadium... Why on earth would U2 nót use a catwalk/eclipse this time around :huh:

:lol: Its not just a seating chart, its the venues schematic for the show. They didnt use the generic box they were suppose to.

I'm telling you this is it. Like I said the elipse could be added but I doubt it. Do any of you want to wager on this?? :lol:

Blue Room said:

:lol: Its not just a seating chart, its the venues schematic for the show. They didnt use the generic box they were suppose to.

I'm telling you this is it. Like I said the elipse could be added but I doubt it. Do any of you want to wager on this?? :lol:
I'm telling you it isn't! Very simple reason... There is véry limited information about the staging.. Hower very much information about the seating, sightlines and placement of the mojo barriers... This indicates that this is a schematic of the stadium itself, and not a technical drawing of U2... You can clearly see the 'standard' stage format in the top with a copy-paste 'little part' of U2's eclipse... Nothing points out that this is U2's stadium stage where everything points out this is a diagram of that particular stadium indicating sears, sightlines and barier placement...

But if that itsn't enough to convince you... The drawing includes 2 soundboots (to indicate sightlines ofcourse) where U2 has néver used 2 of these... Furthermore the text is all German and even fire escape routs are displayed...

Last edited:
:shrug: Ok, we will see, please bookmark this thread though for this summer. I'm telling you this is it.

Its in German because its the schematic for the German stadium. The Arena stage is basically plugged into the stadium set up, the rig is a shell around the arena stage which is just raised higher. This is what they did with the Elevation stage also for Slane. The only difference is the elipse, which I agree does seem odd and could be added. But otherwise this is it.

Last edited:
Neilz I'm not trying to jump down your throat or attack you for having an opinion. I just wanted to point out the fact that those curtains weren't very substanstional. As in the fact that a strong gust of wind would blow the strings around. I wasn't really refering to the safety/waterproofness of them. To that end I can believe that they are safe. It was just the wind I was thinking about.

Blue Room said:

I'm kind of in agreement with this. Looking at the chart, it looks official and the main stage area (ie where Larry's drum riser is etc) seems correct. No tickets are being sold behind the stage. Why wouldn't the eclipse on the chart if it is to be part of the show?

Blue Room said:
:shrug: Ok, we will see, please bookmark this thread though for this summer. I'm telling you this is it.

Its in German because its the schematic for the German stadium. The Arena stage is basically plugged into the stadium set up, the rig is a shell around the arena stage which is just raised higher. This is what they did with the Elevation stage also for Slane. The only difference is the elipse, which I agree does seem odd and could be added. But otherwise this is it.
We will see indeed... It's just that you conclude this because you remind the eclipse on the main stage... But don't you think some simple copy-paste is done here?

This is a link to the seating chart of the same stadium 7 years ago for the Rolling Stones Bridges To Babylon tour... The only thing they have altered are the position of the Mojo barrier's... But the stage itself isn't the Bridges to Babylon stage either... That tour had a massive catwalk down the middle (which should be seperated with Mojo barriers again)... These munich stadium pictures are purely for an indication of the sightlines... :)

http://www.fanasylum.com/rollingstones/images/venues/munich-stadium.gif

The munich diagram is obviously only a schematic for the particular stadium, probably released simply to show the different levels of GA - namely inner ellipse, outer ellipse and the rest of the stage. The barriers as shown will be in different locations and in the case of the barriers between inner and outer ellipse the ellipse ramp itself will take it's place.
Exactly the same thing happened in 2001 at Slane.

Neilz said:

We will see indeed... It's just that you conclude this because you remind the eclipse on the main stage... But don't you think some simple copy-paste is done here?

This is a link to the seating chart of the same stadium 7 years ago for the Rolling Stones Bridges To Babylon tour... The only thing they have altered are the position of the Mojo barrier's... But the stage itself isn't the Bridges to Babylon stage either... That tour had a massive catwalk down the middle (which should be seperated with Mojo barriers again)... These munich stadium pictures are purely for an indication of the sightlines... :)

http://www.fanasylum.com/rollingstones/images/venues/munich-stadium.gif

That Rolling Stones schematic IS the Bridge's stage, they even show the B stage at the end/middle of the field. Yes there was a barrier leading out to it that the "bridge" traversed out to the B stage. But that schematic IS different from the U2 one given and it IS specific for the Stones. The ramp going to the B stage is the only thing that does not appear, otherwise it is dead on for their stage. Thats why I say, the elipse could be added. Otherwise I think the Munich schematic is it.

I hope for the Euro fans sake there is a ramp (elipse) or a B stage, the simple end stage only in a stadium setting is kind of lame IMO.

Well, according to Willie Williams tour diary the 2nd leg will have a bigger production. I quote "This evening I am going out to look at big lights for the European outdoor production....". Doesn't say anything about the stage setup but does confirm the European leg will be a larger spectacle

play it cool said:

I'm kind of in agreement with this. Looking at the chart, it looks official and the main stage area (ie where Larry's drum riser is etc) seems correct. No tickets are being sold behind the stage. Why wouldn't the eclipse on the chart if it is to be part of the show?
I'm pretty certain that they are selling tickets at the back of the stage in Manchester because i've seen the seating plan on ticketbastards site.

the edges plec said:

I'm pretty certain that they are selling tickets at the back of the stage in Manchester because i've seen the seating plan on ticketbastards site.

I've seen that too - I'm not sure if it necessarily means they will be selling those tickets - not all of the other UK stadiums are doing this. There is a culture in the US of selling seats behind the stage which we don't have here, I'm glad to say. But then again...

Back
Top Bottom