2 GA lines... Whats your proof you are a u2.com member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stonethrowerj said:

You just have to be a U2.com member. My reasoning? How about all those shows that went onsale after the first one sold out? IE Some of the extra Boston shows, MSG, etc. that weren't part of the pre-sale.

The keychain........? God, I hope not........I have a GA for the second SJ show, and I'll be kicking myself if they actually end up making a U2.com line for that show........I guess I could always use my ticket for the previous night to prove that I'm a fanclub member.....

I'm confused.

Ticketmaster order:
phx1order.jpg

Top portion of ticket:
phx1ticket.jpg

:confused:

I am a u2.com member bought bought my GA off ebay. I am going to bring my membership card and print the members page off of u2.com. I think that should be fine.

jammin909 said:
I am a u2.com member bought bought my GA off ebay. I am going to bring my membership card and print the members page off of u2.com. I think that should be fine.

I don't know. I would not count on it. I bet the ticket itself is what matters.

And what if you are a U2.com member and you purchased 2 pre-sale tix, but the person you gave the other pre-sale ticket to is not a U2.com member?

It seems like it would have to be based on the ticket itself. But then again, not all the pre-sale tix have the "FAN" thing on them.

Go find your membership cards:

7:16 pm: Our crew is hearing tips from people that would know that your U2.com membership card will be used to determine the GA lines for all shows which did not have a presale.

Damn it..........no way I can get my card as I left it at my dad's (I'm in a college dormitory right now.....hours away)........I guess the best I can do is show them my previous night's ticket.......I really don't care to be honest, as I plan to spend the night in SJ after the first show, so I'll be right in the front of the other GA line, otherwise.

My AZ tickets don't say Fan on them. My Madison Square Garden's say N type....wondering if the buzzer is going to go off and put me into the egg is going to make me a wreck!

If you want to get in the ellipse, then it really doesn't matter if you got your tix through presale or not. It is just a matter of chance. As long as you have GA tix then you have a shot. Buying through the presale only can get you a better shot on the outside of the "egg". I went to KC on the Elevation tour and was on the very outside of the "heart" and I entered the building 30 minutes after the doors opened!

bonosleftone said:
yes the card is the keychain, the hunk of (previously thought) useless metal

I wish somebody had told me 'cause if I did get it, I might have chucked it. I honestly can't even remember.... crap

UPDATE - I found an iron on transfer for the REM fan club. Any chance they'll accept that?

Last edited:
I have Chicago 7th tickets and they have W-FAN on them. I hope that having the U2.com membership card and the W-FAN will give me a better chance of getting in the egg. I would be so happy if I got in the egg! :drool:

Just get there early, folks...........if you're at the front of either line, then you'll end up in the egg or at a prime spot outside of it....frankly, it's all about being near the actual railing, for me........I'd rather be outside next to the railing, then in the middle of the egg.

BigMacPhisto said:
Just get there early, folks...........if you're at the front of either line, then you'll end up in the egg or at a prime spot outside of it....frankly, it's all about being near the actual railing, for me........I'd rather be outside next to the railing, then in the middle of the egg.

He speaks the truth really. I was right on the rail for Charlotte Elevation and my g/f got grabbed by Bono lol. I was inside the heart at another show, and the one just on the rail was better in terms of sight and sound.

I want to get inside the thing once this time around and vice versa just like last. Got 4 chances for it!

if this _FAN designation is truly what got people in the u2.com line tonight, i can only imagine what'll happen with scalpers now. the prices for tickets bought in the presale is going to frickin skyrocket on ebay.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
if this _FAN designation is truly what got people in the u2.com line tonight, i can only imagine what'll happen with scalpers now. the prices for tickets bought in the presale is going to frickin skyrocket on ebay.

On the other hand, if the U2 organization wants to crack down on folks who resell fan club tickets, this will make them pretty easy to find....

So this might be in other parts of the forum, but if we haven't recieved our card, how do we get it before our shows? Is there someone to talk to? (Fanfire)?

My AZ tickets look exactly like yours do Queen Bee. My printout from ticketmaster has the M-fan code, but then the actual ticket doesn't say anything like that and has an M on it by the ticket price.

Back
Top Bottom