1st leg US tour....rumored dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonnevoix02

The Fly
I've been seeing random suggestions about tour dates for the 1st leg, and I was wondering if there was a more condensed list with just dates and locations?

This was posted over at U2 Tours by someone indicating they know the promoters in the area. Looks credible and the dates make sense. But only time will tell:

"The latest "held dates" I've heard after checking with a couple of SE promoters and an Atlanta-area producer I know (who proved VERY reliable before the dates for Springsteen's Rising Tour were announced) are as follows:

Feb. 28 Miami Arena [load-in; lighting cues; rehearsal]
March 1 Miami Arena
March 3 TD Waterhouse, Orlando
March 6/7 Philips Arena, Atlanta
March 9/10 Charlotte or Chapel Hill NC
March 15/16/17 Philadelphia PA [Wachovia Center?]
March 20/21/23 Boston MA [Fleet Center?]

Please note that all of this could change -- I'm repeating what a few reliable sources have told me (their dates are all the same, though -- so make of that what you will!). The multiple dates for these shows could include load-in/load-out dates or just blocks that have been reserved for the band and may not indicate a concert on each of those nights. (I've heard from multiple sources that the first U.S. leg will mainly be one-nighters, much like the first leg of Springsteen's Rising Tour -- which was called the "Barnstorming Tour" because ALL the shows were one-nighters, which of course changed by the following summer -- witness the 10 shows at Giants Stadium).

I've also heard pretty good indications of San Fransisco/San Jose/Oakland in early April, April 7/8/9 have been mentioned for L.A. and then either Phoenix/Tempe or Denver (depending on who you think is more credible) for April 15/16, with two to four markets in Texas immediately following, with the first U.S. leg wrapping up somewhere in the Midwest (I've heard both Minneapolis and Omaha mentioned) around April 20/21. Summer, of course, has been much talked about for European stadiums with another U.S. leg to follow beginning in late August/early September.

We'll see how much if any of this pans out -- but I will say I do trust these sources a great deal; they've been accurate on a number of other artists' major U.S. tours over the past five years and I doubt they will suddenly start feeding me a bunch of b.s. "

Wow...it looks like they're skipping out on a lot of the Northeast of the U.S. and Canada. Cleveland, Columbus, Cin., Buffalo, Albany, Toronto, Montreal, Baltimore, Pittsburgh....Are we supposed to assume some of these will be in a separate leg of the tour? They did cover this territory well with Elevation, so perhaps they'll skip it this time?

I also hope there's something closer to Pittsburgh than Philly....cause that'd be a horrible drive in the winter...

bonnevoix02 said:
When's the second NA leg supposed to be?

From what I understand it goes something like this:

Spring (March-April) - US/Canada

Summer (June/July- August) - UK, Ireland, Europe

Fall (September/October - November) - US/Canada

bonnevoix02 said:
Wow...it looks like they're skipping out on a lot of the Northeast of the U.S. and Canada. Cleveland, Columbus, Cin., Buffalo, Albany, Toronto, Montreal, Baltimore, Pittsburgh....Are we supposed to assume some of these will be in a separate leg of the tour? They did cover this territory well with Elevation, so perhaps they'll skip it this time?

These are just rumoured dates, they won't skip any good markets in the US. Unlike the rest of the world.

bonnevoix02 said:

I also hope there's something closer to Pittsburgh than Philly....cause that'd be a horrible drive in the winter...

That's because the above list is only about 15-20% correct. Half of the dates he's listing aren't even available at their respective venues. Plus, there's a big difference on what dates a promoter is holding and what dates they are actually going to use. Plus, it doesn't hurt to use common sense; U2 will not play four Texas markets on the first leg, that's just silly.

The first leg runs from March 1 to about May 21 somewhere on the west coast (I'm hearing Vegas), and will be 50 dates. Yes, Paul said 35, but it's a "soft" 35- it'll max at 50.

European tour starts in Amsterdam the first week of June, giving the band two weeks off inbetween.

Last edited:
I can see Canada on the 2nd leg liek Popmart. It is easier for the band to go from Toronto to rigth across the country rather than jump back and forth across the boarder. Then from Vancouver they could got do Asia and Australia.

Folks, the list was posted by a guy on U2tours who says he knows some promoters. Take it all with a grain of salt. Also, OBVIOUSLY, even if the list is correct its not the entire tour. Its amazing how people freak out. They will be playing areas in the midwest, etc.... Do you think they would be skipping Chicago?? No way. Just wait for the official announcement.

Also, lukea, what dates listed are not available at the venues listed? I'm curious.

Last edited:
Uh. Miami Arena? I dont think so.They may use it for rehearsals like they did last time but that's about it. Miami arena is a dump and American Airlines Arena is about 10 blocks away(Where the VMA's were this year). I checked and the Heat are away March 1st.

Will Miami be the American Airlines Arena downtown or the Office Depot in Sunrise???

One of those Philadelphia dates is already booked:

Tue March 15 - 7:00 PM - Philadelphia 76ers vs. LA Lakers - Wachovia Center

Last edited:
Also, per another thread it appears U2 are playing the arena in Sunrise again for the opener and playing Tampa. So this list does not appear to be right. If they are playing Tampa I doubdt they will play Orlando also.

I don't care if it's the 2nd leg....as long as they do at least 2 shows in Toronto I'm happy. Providing I get through Ticketmaster, of course.

Blue Room said:
March 9/10 Charlotte or Chapel Hill NC

:hyper: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: !!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE TOOOO PERFECT if it can be confirmed!!! U2? In NC? ON MY BIRTHDAY?!?!?!!? (Mar 9)
I'm getting light-headed right now even CONSIDERING that possibility!! :faint: As of today, are there any realiable reports about when tix sales will be announced?

all i know is that i CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for them to come to detroit. i have an 18 month old duaghter who loves bono and the edge almost as much as my husband and i do. whenever we watch teh elevation or slain castle dvd, she always tries to kiss bono and then imitates him. could be their youngest fan

The actual Florida dates should be as follows:

Rehearsal last week of February at Miami Arena

March 1,2 American Airlines Arena (March 2 will be an added show not initially announced)

March 5 St. Pete Times Forum (maybe add March 4 or 6)

Office Depot Center which has been rumoured to begin the tour will actually end the tour with up to 2 shows in the fall. A source within the box office confirmed that they will not have shows in March, but will have them in the fall.

I CAN"T WAIT

lukea said:

The first leg runs from March 1 to about May 21 somewhere on the west coast (I'm hearing Vegas), and will be 50 dates. Yes, Paul said 35, but it's a "soft" 35- it'll max at 50.

Hope Europe's 30 shows were also "soft".

I'm going to Miami for the opening night, please, where is St. Pete Times Forum , is in Miami or another city??:confused:

Last edited:
I think that 2 at American Airlines Arena are almost guaranteed to happen but the 2nd show at St. Pete Times Forum is tentative.

By the way, it will be a General Admission floor setup very similiar to the Elevation tour where fans will have an opportunity to get inside or outside the extension of the stage. The good news is the pricing structure will be the same with just a $5 increase across the board. General Admission floor and the worse upper level seats will be $50, premium lower level reserve seats will be approximately $135-$140 and remaining lower level seats and close upper level seats will be around $90-95. These are all in US funds for the US tour.

The venues are pretty much booked for the tour now, but I can only get a heads up for Florida dates.

I'd like to point out that March 6 is booked for a basketball game at Philips Arena in Atlanta, so yeah, take these dates with a grain of salt...

**edit: uh, oops, that looks like a Thrasher's game not a Hawks game on that Sunday. (NHL's season is on hiatus still isn't it?)

Last edited:
Yeah the National Hockey League (NHL) is pretty much done for this year due to a lockout, so their loss will be our gain. The players and owners won't be able to work a deal by March, no way.

Back
Top Bottom