1st leg US tour....rumored dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Folks, it's not just because you're new, although that's part of it. It's the presenting speculation as fact. Being coy and taking the "I know something you don't know and I can't say how I know it" attitude is something I find annoying. I get annoyed at oldbies who do it too, just ask them. But the veterans know better than to present speculation and dubious "inside" information as fact. They know how to phrase their hopes and projections as just that: hopes and projections. Rarely has anything that anyone said about the new albums or tours panned out completely. It's ALL speculation until the tour is officially announced, no matter what "sources" you all have.

This site does have its cliques, sure. That's a different issue. If you think that's new, then you haven't been watching as closely as you claim. You'll either have to develop a thick skin, or go back to watching. As far as the band and how they function, learn how not to be an "insider" since NONE of are. Many have tried to come off as one, but it never works. EVER.

If I piss you off to the point of leaving, then that's a decision you make on your own. There are several thousand members here, and a few hundred regular posters; I'm easy to avoid.

Shono said:
I guess no one heard the hour long interview they did for Canadian radio on Sunday night? U2 confirmed in the interview (Bono & Larry) that they will be in Canada for the first leg of the 2005 Tour. "...late March" to quote Larry.

U2_GTA have also contacted the Air Canada Centre in Toronto where it would appear March 25/26 & 27th (if needed) will be used. It wouldn't be unrealistic to expect at least a 2 show stop in Toronto.

My guess is, if they play three nights in Toronto this spring, we will not see them in the fall.

East Coast North American Tour - Spring 2005, Europe - Summer 2005, West Coast North American Tour - Fall 2005, Austral-Asian Tour Spring 2006. :hmm:

Come on.

Where does this imply "I know something you don't know"? Where did I imply this is EXCLUSIVE info? It is third party information capped off with a personal opinion and speculation.

The radio interview has been broadcast several times since the weekend and I stand behind what I heard Larry and Bono say about Canada in March 2005. Anyone who heard this would have heard the same.

While I belong to the U2_GTA group, I was only passing on the message forwarded onto ALL of the members. Several Interference.com members belong to U2_GTA. They would have the same info about the dates and location. Based on the radio interview this would seem to make sense.

U2 have never played more than 2 nights in Toronto on a given leg of ANY tour. Because there is speculation of a third Toronto show on the same leg of this tour, people (including myself) are speculating if we will see them again if they return to North America in the fall of 2005. SPECULATION.

None of what I posted was meant to be taken as "knowing more than anyone else". I didn't present it that way, and it certainly doesn't read that way to me.

Your subsequent post however seems crystal clear. Bash the newbies. Where is the proof to back this up? Did you happen to see that this is a "U2 Tour Rumor" thread?

Spin this anyway you want, but I think the message you are sending is negative and extremely exclusive. It is discouraging and based on other subsequent replies it isn't appreciated.

Lastly, I'm not going to leave interference because of one person’s opinion on newbies. I plan to stay and continue to share opinions on U2 related matters, because that is what Interference is all about.

Shono said:

Your subsequent post however seems crystal clear. Bash the newbies. Where is the proof to back this up? Did you happen to see that this is a "U2 Tour Rumor" thread?

:sigh:

Most of my annoyance was dierected at a different poster in this thread.

But here are a few names of people who had "exclusive" ironclad info that was bullshit:

ignoreland
Jim
RoadWhore

These people were before your time. ignoreland had some good stuff, but it was minimal. Jim had some, but it wasn't 100% reliable, and Road Whore was just full of shit in general. I gave them a hard time, too. I've given regulars a hard time about the same thing. It's not the information you take from the radio and post. You were clear that you took it from the radio. It's the "I know this" crap that pisses me off. Read more around here and stop being so paranoid. I was giving people a hard time for posting coy "sure things" and being too new to know that it's annoying when that's done.

Thanks for the Toronto Tour Rumours Shono, i wouldnt worry too much about a member's opinion that has posted over 8400 times in 3.5 years- that is like 6 posts a day every day for 44 months straight-
yikes! That is some impressive posting. Looks like someone wanted to get some newbie frustrations off her chest.
I only took your post as passing along a possible show date you heard- not facts in stone .
In my opinion, the number of posts on this site in no way correlates to how long you have been a u2 fan, or whether you have a right to post whatever you want- I have been a fan since 1983, and I am a newbie here as well.
I am looking forward to the tour and like to see if there are any new tour rumors flying around this board-
i hope unreasonable newbie bashing dosent prevent other newbies with some rumours from posting them.

The dates for March 25/26 in Toronto seem even more likely now, but a 3rd show on the 27th doesn't seem likeley. I read on u2tours.com that U2 are playing Albany, NY on March 28th. So it seems likely to do 2 shows in Toronto on the 25th and 26th, take a day off and swing right over to upstate New York. If these are true, they won't play in Toronto on the 27th, because that would mean 4 shows in a row, which U2 haven't done since probably 1984 or so.

I shared info I knew but later erased a part of it because I realized it could cause a problem with a friend's job (if the wrong person saw it). She told me something based on something she knows at Ticketmaster. So I thought I'd share my info with people knowing it was about 99.9% accurate. I can speak for myself and say I was just trying to be helpful.

Martha, I hope you don't think all the newbies here trying to share info are trying to act like they are secret insiders. That's not the case. (Maybe some) That wasn't my intention. I'm sorry that people sharing info is pissing others off, but I thought people sharing was being helpful. I'm not taking any of these dates as the gospel yet, and I don't think anyone else is yet. I'm sure most people are just seeing these dates as a general guideline not the 100% accurate truth.

I posted about info I heard from a friend at The Wachovia Center in Philly. He works there and usually provides good info... Im not saying its 100% a fact, nothing is until U2 says it is.... Just trying to pass on the buzz in Philly

For what it is worth, MSG is available March 16-20th, assuming the NHL season is cancelled. Doesn't mean they will play then, but they could play 4 nights, with one night off for Bono to rest his voice as on the last tour.

If there was news on a hold date for D.C. I would be the first one to post it. I might get some news on it tomorrow at the Nutcracker.

Nice Hewson.

In addition to March 16th-20th, MSG is also available March 24-28th and April 13th-16th. These are the only available 4 night blocks in March and April. April 13th-16th is the only block that doesn't have anything on these dates. The other 2 have tentative NHL games.

This is pure speculation, but I would bet the shows would be during one of these blocks. They could play 2 nights, take one off, then play a third, without breaking down the stage.

Does anyone know for certain if arenas are giving away NHL dates yet? If not April 13th -16th looks most likely.

Last edited:
To appease some people if I am the poster that being referred to as an annoyance, I will be happy to repost a correction to my comments. I am basically just rewording the previous posts but I still standby everything I have said in this rumour thread.

In my opinion, the rumoured Florida dates should be as follows:

Rehearsal last week of February at Miami Arena

March 1 (plus either March 2 or 3) American Airlines Arena (March 2nd or 3rd will be one added show not initially announced)

March 4,5, or 6 St. Pete Times Forum (maybe one or two of those dates)

Office Depot Center which has been rumoured to begin the tour will actually end the tour with up to 2 shows in the fall. Someone within the box office confirmed that they will not have shows in March, but will have them in the fall.

And, I stand by my rumour of the stage and seating configuration. Same as last tour with a general admission floor and reserved seating everywhere else in the arenas. Also, I still speculate that the pricing structure will be similiar to the last tour with the exception of each category of tickets being raised $5.

These are all rumours. If anyone would like, I will privately reveal my sources for information for these Florida shows and the comment for the tours ticket pricing structure.

I respect any U2 fan just for our common love of the band and their music. This is a U2 community and we share our experiences related to the band. I will continue to enjoy this website and the forum to the fullest.

The bottom line is nothing is official (or "evidence") until U2 or Clear Channel officially announce it. I personally love to check out rumoured dates (on this and other fan websites) to get an idea where and when the shows will take place. I know that until I have the ability to order tickets, I can't actually make travel plans

I am sorry if it offends anyone that I contribute to ths forum but I intend to continue to do so. Maybe in the future I will have to watch my semantics.

Shit, it's gonna be cold lining up in Toronto in late March. Hell, it was unpleasantly cold last time in late May. :|

u2tours.com is reporting:

Word on the street is that U2 have lined up a show at the Pepsi Arena in March 28, 2005.
Albany, NY

It's going to suck for D.C. Maybe D.C. show in March due to the ACC Tournament. I hope the show is before the ACC Tourament.

RademR said:
u2tours.com is reporting:

Word on the street is that U2 have lined up a show at the Pepsi Arena in March 28, 2005.
Albany, NY

Nice!

I wonder if they'll hit Buffalo too (or even Syracuse would be nice) like last time...

Last edited:
Any news on Dallas or Houston TX.
Shit i wished I lived in Los Angeles again. I went 4 times cus they did more than one show!!

martha said:
Ok. What the hell is the ACC tournament?

A college basketball tournament that takes place on the east coast. The ACC is the name of the conference and is probably the biggest college basketball in the nation.

martha said:
Ok. What the hell is the ACC tournament?
The Atlantic Coast Conference... UNC Chapel Hill, Duke, Clemson, Wake Forest, Virginia, NC State, Georgia Tech, etc., etc...

It's kinda' like a second religion here in some parts of the Southeast! :lol:

If the rumor about U2 playing Minneapolis on April 20 or April 21 is true, that would be awesome for me because it's late enough that I won't run the risk of having to drive up from Iowa in a blizzard, but I won't have to wait until fall to see them, either!

In an article today in the Winnipeg Free Press, MTS Centre general manager Kevin Donnelly says U2 will NOT be visiting Winnipeg during the spring tour of North America. He did say there's a chance U2 could visit Winnipeg when they return to N. America in the fall.

Back
Top Bottom