(08-11-2004) Scissor Sisters To Support U2? - Undercover*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Scissor Sisters To Support U2?

Word has surfaced that Scissor Sisters have been lined for the support slot for the next U2 tour after U2's Bono was spotted at one of their gigs. Scissor Sisters played at the PS1 Contemporary Art Center in New York on Saturday. Bono was in the crowd checking out the show.

"He was there checking them out for a possible support slot on the next U2 tour" an industry insider tells Undercover News.

Scissor Sisters have been getting a various celebs at their shows on the current US tour. Robbie Williams was in the crowd at the Los Angeles gig last week. They've also recently been in the studio working on new material with Kylie Minogue.

By Paul Cashmere

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/aug04/20040811_scissorsisters.html

Never heard of them. I remember a forum a few weeks back debating who should open up for U2 on the next tour. I bet no one guessed this group.

After hearing about them, I read a recent article in Time magazine featuring them, and well ... it didn't give me a good impression. I'll be really disappointed if they open for U2.

Hmm, yes, Popbitch reported the same thing a week or two ago. I like that one song, "Take Your Mama", but I haven't heard anything else by them.

at first a while back I thought what on earth is this music but now I adore them!!! I think their music is fab I'd be well happy if they support!

I actually love this group, they are "silly" but their album is fantastic, and they are excellent live.

I don't know how they would sit with a lot of U2 fans though.

Back
Top Bottom