Who's going to Staples in LA??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm definitely going to the Staples center for the concert. I want to buy at least 6 tickets so my other friends who love U2 can go and experience what a live U2 show is like. I'd love to meet up before the show.

How are you buying your tickets? Through ticketmaster? Are you going to buy them online or over the phone? I'm worried it's going to sell out in thirty minutes.

i already got nosebleeds as insurance tickets thru the presale. I will be trying to get GA's or something better than what i have on sunday. I live in san diego, but i've seen concerts at the san diego sports arena, and the acoustics there are awful. Plus, LA is the capital of the entertainment world, so chances are, u2 will put on quite a good show there... you gotta play your odds, and SD is small beans compared to LA.

Good idea. I saw them in Anaheim on their last tour and it sounded great. I'm sure the Staples Center will be one heck of a show. Can't wait.

Sunday is going to be a crazy day for buying tickets...

My girlfriend and I will be going but I want to bring some of my friends who have never been to a U2 concert with me. But getting 6 tickets at one time, that are together, is going to be tough. I know I'll be able to get 2 at least.

Did you get good seats?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

They are good seats if you consider "inside the building" good seats.

I'm Section 318

I will try for something in the 100's this weekend.

That's hilarious! Good luck this weekend. Are you going to go down to ticketmaster or try your luck on the phone or internet to get tickets?

I'm going... I'm going to go early for tailgate parties, and to maybe make food runs for any cool people in GA since I have seats.

I am praying alot that I will be going..... I missed out on the pre-sale so I am going to have to dish out more $. I live in L.A and I missed them at Aroowhead last time so a firend of mine and I drove to Arizona the next day. I can't have Ga seats because of my legs but i have most of the time had Lodge. I also want to go to Arrowhead too. How can you get to a pre-party or something close?

Did anyone in LA get tickets to the staples center? I didn't. Both shows were sold out. I'm bummed but I'll figure out a way to go. I'm down for tailgating.

dbofilm said:
Did anyone in LA get tickets to the staples center? I didn't. Both shows were sold out. I'm bummed but I'll figure out a way to go. I'm down for tailgating.

That's cool. I'm going, I'm down for tailgating. I just have to buy my ticketbastard shirt for this show.

WHO ELSE IS GOING TO TAILGATE?

First bit of business is finding a way to get tickets. Even getting a nose bleed seat would be like finding the golden ticket. As for tailgating goes: I'm not sure what time to start. I wonder when the doors will open.

I will be attending both LA1 and LA2 on my own..could only manage single tix. I'm a NY boy to boot but fortunately will be out on the west coast for work at the time...so, long story short i need to make some new friends at the show...any suggestions? Im sitting in sec 215 (behind the stage) on night 1, and 115 (also behind the stage in the same area just lower, as fate would have it) on night 2.......

We should definitely get a group of people together to tailgate before the show and hang out. I'll be going on night 1. I heard that staples will open the gates to the parking lot around 4ish. Does anyone else know?

dbofilm said:
We should definitely get a group of people together to tailgate before the show and hang out. I'll be going on night 1. I heard that staples will open the gates to the parking lot around 4ish. Does anyone else know?

Yeah from what I heard it was 4ish. I'm going on night one also... I'm sure there will be people lining up for GA before 4 though. :)

dbofilm said:

Hey guys,

Going LA#1.

Curious as to how many of you guys have been to Staples before.

I've been for concerts and games and can't think of anywhere where a decent sized group can actually tailgate.

Inside there are multiple "bar areas" of course but as for tailgating in any of the parking lots....please let me know where and I'll look for you all.

Staples doesn't have one big lot, as a lot of venues have, there are multiple little 'private' lots surrounding the center as well as the "official" Staples lots closest to the center. The lots closest to the center are usually +$20 and I believe are often reserved for season ticket holders/VIP's and/or people who buy parking ahead of time through Ticketthieves.

Anyway, if anyone comes up with a specific lot # or even streets surrounding the specific lot(s), please post!

CHEERS! :rockon:

dbofilm said:

I'm in the LA area and my friend and I managed to find two 100-level seats (Section 106 (clear across from the stage....)) for the April 6 show- but at that point, we were going to take whatever seats we could get...

We wanted 4.1 for the Pond, but everything seemed already sold out at 10:01 am that day... Had they not added that show (and had we not acted quickly), I'm sure we'd be without tickets as well... We did manage to get two other hits for Staples and Anaheim after that, but they were behind the stage or nosebleeds - so we just kept the tickets we had....

dbofilm said:
First bit of business is finding a way to get tickets. Even getting a nose bleed seat would be like finding the golden ticket. As for tailgating goes: I'm not sure what time to start. I wonder when the doors will open.

i am headed down there after work. i don't have tickets either. let's hope there are some kind souls letting go of a ticket at a fair price!

Back
Top Bottom