Viva Las Vegas Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marietta

The Fly
In the state of confusion...er...Vertigo, TX
What stared at 10-12 people gathering in Vegas after the U2 shows has turned into a fantastic U2 Fan party...with it's success, I hope to do this every two years...

*Parties are on Fri & Sat AFTER the U2 shows (until the wee hours..) Cabs after the shows will be impossible!
*Busses to take you from the show to the party & back
*Can come to Fri, Sat, or both (as long as it has not filled up)
*Joshua Tree is performing at my party both nights
*Silent Auction to raise money for charity (all U2 items donated by other U2 fans...there are some unique things people have donated!)
*Open bar
*Snack Food (hot & cold)
*Private party...anyone that is directly referred to me by U2.com or Interference is welcome....we have security for our private "room"
*$50 per person/per night (passes issued for entrance to the party)

*Why an I doing this? Because I was "encouraged" to do it since I seem to put on "amazing" parties...I am only doing this because so many of us want to meet each other but want to make it a memorable weekend, someplace where there is more than just the U2 shows...there are fans coming from Italy, Ireland, Mexico, Canada...many have never been to the States (oh what a culture shock it will be!)

Visit www.onezoo4u2.org for more info & registration (since there are several Interference people that asked me to post info about this party, the theme may be COEXIST!)

(When I joined Interference a while back I found it intimidating because it is huge, just huge! Thank you to those that have held my hand this week to show me around *blows kisses* Thank you Allegra & Chedge for pushing me to come here in the 1st place! Interference ROCKS MAN!)

Hello everyONE...I have been told that there are questions about this event & where the money from the auction is going.....

EXERPTS FROM THE EMAIL SENT TO INTERFERENCE:

I am sorry for the ambiguity. I certainly am not trying to hide anything. The money that is raised through the silent auction is going to CARE, listed under the ONE.org site....since the party grew to be so large I decided it would be a good time to try to raise some money for the ONE campaign. I have considered changing the donation to the American Red Cross in light of Katrina...we will see.

I chose to organize this event myself so that when there is a complaint or decision to be made, there is only one person to go to...I have put on corporate Christmas parties & other large parties before. What started as a simple get together for 10 or 12 fans in Vegas has grown into a wonderful event for U2 fans, families, & friends to come together. I am NOT putting this party together to make money for myself...on the contrary...it is costing me a bloody fortune! There is NO profit in the price to everyone attending. As a matter of fact, the pub owner (Brian McMullan) has given me special concessions to make this a success. U2JT has expresssed great excitement about being involved in this event...I hope to do this every 2 years.

There are members of Interference that are also members of U2.com coming to the party that have been asking me to open it up to Interference members...open it to those that may have never heard about it that would like to come since they are in Vegas already. This is a celebration of U2, not an exclusive "club" party...yes, it was originally a U2.com party simply because that is the only place I developed realationships with other U2 fans....this is MY party, NOT u2.com's....they could never throw a party this great ;) *patting self on back* Interference has a great reputation and has been around a very long time...that is why I felt comfortable in completely opening up to your members and mutual U2 fans, and not necessarily the Yahoo fan chats etc...I only joined because of several U2.com members telling me how good Interference is and that there are great people here....I didn't post in the beginning from sheer overwhelm...this place is awesome...and huge...yes, I was too shy! (Allegra, you can pick yourself up off the floor from hysterical laughter) I am only trying to share the fun with everyONE with a common interest.

I am sorry that my original post is vague...I was in a bit of a hurry when posting the information. I am in the middle of moving my offices & I am shorter on time than normal! Feel free to email any questions or comments to me....I have nothing to hide and welcome your comments.

By the way.....check the site below out, it is a GREAT source to check on charities all over the world (this helped me decide where the money is going):
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/search.summary/orgid/3568.htm

Love & Peace,
Marietta

BUMP for Marietta! THREE cheers for organizing these events, but more especially for including JT! We are ALL looking forward to Vegas! 48 days and counting........................

*takes a bow*

You are so welcome Mari!

I see you finally posted your own thread instead of posting on someone else's thread....silly girl! That's what I've been trying to get you to do for the longest! But since you're new, I'll let it slide this time. :wink:

I wish I could join ya in Vegas, but you know I'm low on the dough.

I just hope we can get the guys out here to Dallas sometime in the near future. Now, that would be awesome! :drool: :faint:

FORTY SEVEN DAYS!!
Danseuse01.gif

GOD I would love to be at one of the Vegas shows. How baccanalian can one get?!
Me, Bono, bright lights, liquor, gambling, and as the saying goes:

"What Happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas" !
(Which means neither Ali nor my husband ever has to know.)
:censored: :bump: :giggle: :macdevil: :laugh: :yes: :drool:

marietta said:
must have more...must have more......
*thud...head crashes on keyboard*
t589-bphn m,6.5u9tr-d[pbmj,./xcv,.vgfjdkl;bvg ncnkxlzn mvlc.,xcmvjikkoeflnvgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow! She speaks "Chedge"!! :lmao:

Can't wait! what an awesome event!

Any day of show admission? This party sounds like a blast, but I don't want to commit to anything for after the show, especially in Vegas. If I showed up after the concert and gave an "Intereference" shout out, will my group be allowed to join in the festivities?

techfire said:
Any day of show admission? This party sounds like a blast, but I don't want to commit to anything for after the show, especially in Vegas. If I showed up after the concert and gave an "Intereference" shout out, will my group be allowed to join in the festivities?

If there is room & the party has not sold out, yes there will be "day of"....admission but it will most likely be higher....email me please & I will add you to that distribution list. Those without tickets will NOT be allowed in the private party...how is that fair to everyone else who have paid. I couldn't possibly afford to put this on with "free drop ins".
You are welcoem to email me anytime!

Peace! Mari
imahockeychic@sbcglobal.net

marietta said:

If there is room & the party has not sold out, yes there will be "day of"....admission but it will most likely be higher....email me please & I will add you to that distribution list. Those without tickets will NOT be allowed in the private party...how is that fair to everyone else who have paid. I couldn't possibly afford to put this on with "free drop ins".
You are welcoem to email me anytime!

Peace! Mari
imahockeychic@sbcglobal.net

I'll email you. I do intend on paying the admission, should you have room the night of the event, maybe you can update us a few days before Vegas and give us an update on tje guest list. This is great, thanks.

techfire said:

I'll email you. I do intend on paying the admission, should you have room the night of the event, maybe you can update us a few days before Vegas and give us an update on tje guest list. This is great, thanks.

Absolutely....THAT I can do....i need U2 names & real world email addresses.

Thanks,
Mari

Back
Top Bottom