Vertigo In Chicago - U2 Midwest Bash 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you interested in attending the U2-Midwest party?

• YES! I will definately be there!

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Maybe. I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No. I hate U2 fan gatherings.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I need to know the details before I make solid plans.

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
Thanks so much!!! I'm anxiously waiting for any further info you have on this get together. We (four of us) are all very excited about this!

Would people here be up for seeing a Cover Band or a Tribute band or would they just want to chill out or what at the Midwest Party?
Give us some ideas please.

I'd be into a cover band. We've seen ElevationUSA a few times. They're very good! I know other posters here know them, too...

tawanda said:
I'd be into a cover band. We've seen ElevationUSA a few times. They're very good! I know other posters here know them, too...

This party is for fans, so Elevation USA wouldn't really fit in.

The party has been confirmed for Sunday May 8th at 8pm at the Hard Rock Cafe, more details by the end of the week.

Cool!:rockon: We'll be there!

Also, sorry to hear about the happenings with ElevationUSA.

*Ally* said:
how late do you think the party will be going? my plane gets in around 9 pm on the 8th... will have to drop my stuff at the hotel, and then could head over. so could arrive my 10ish... :)

So even though I said no before, maybe we will still be partying at 10ish.

Thanks for the update, and an extra big THANK YOU for putting this all together. I am sure it's a great deal of work, and I just want you to know it's appreciated!

WILATW said:
Would people here be up for seeing a Cover Band or a Tribute band or would they just want to chill out or what at the Midwest Party?
Give us some ideas please.

A band would be cool but not necessary since it'll be in the middle of seeing U2 a few times that week. But I still want to go regardless of what's going on. Should be fun :D

Well, we'll know either today or tomorrow (hopefully) if we'll have a band. And if not, the HRC was cool last time and let us play U2 CD's throughout the party. :D

Just wondering if there is a going to be a gathering before the show on the 7th?? we're coming in town on the 5th, takin gin the Cubbies on fri, with U2 on sat. Is anyone meeting at the hard rock or HOB?? What's up with this people!!

ugh i wish i could go :(
but .. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's unfortunately my birthday on the 8th and my family wants to dine out at some hysterically expensive place.

boo I wish I could go. especially seeing that I live right by chicago. :mad:

Here's what we can say about the party so far. (Thanks to WTSHNN)

* The party will be on May 8th at 8pm at the Hard Rock Cafe. Here's the link from the HRC with the address and other info - http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes/cafes.aspx?Lc=CHIC

* We are still waiting back from one final confirmation from the hard rock before we make the final announcement. Capacity is limited to 150 people, so we'll be posting an evite list by Monday regardless if we hear back from HRC at all.

If you are coming, please add your name to the evite so we know how many to expect. :D

Some specific details :

* There will be a live band.

* There will be a raffle with the grand prize being a U2 iPod.

:hyper:

Edgette said:

Umm don't thank me until I give you back your camera and photo album J!!!

WILATW said:

Umm don't thank me until I give you back your camera and photo album J!!!

Yeah, you better get to that.

...and I just realized you have a different name on here, lol. :censored:

this sounds like a great time. Unfortunetly, can't make it.

I ended up buying a ticket to the 5/10 show, so I have to cut out a day of the trip because of costs. Will be up there on Monday,

Have fun everyone :wink:

So who goes to these fan gatherings? I have 2 GA for 5/10 but am thinking of going alone because my friends suck and don't deserve the fruits of my labors (standing in the cold for 2 1/2 hrs in January at the UC box office). Do a lot of solo fans go to these?

Along the same lines, anyone feel like trading 1 GA to another Chicago show for my extra GA for 5/10?

Edgette said:

* The party will be on May 8th at 8pm at the Hard Rock Cafe.

:sad: I can't make it. My flight back to DC leaves at 9pm.

Have fun though. :)

I dont think that I will be able to make this either,boo.You peeps have fun though!

Rhia

Back
Top Bottom