Sept. 23, Target Center in Minneapolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If only it could be a sort of homecoming...but the plan is: I'll be there.

I plan to be there, although I don't have tickets in hand yet. That's another story. Anyway, maybe we can do some sort of gathering the following day (on Saturday) to talk about the show and stuff. Like a brunch or something. We have been known to have U2 Brunch gatherings in the lovely Twin Cities. Just a thought...

One comment/opinion from me:
I really wish they were playing at the Xcel instead of Target Center, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Lemon Meringue said:

One comment/opinion from me:
I really wish they were playing at the Xcel instead of Target Center, but that's just me.

I completely agree! I was so pissed when they announced it would be at Target instead of the X. I hate it there so bad plus the Liffey is right across the street along with a few other pubs in St Paul. How great would that have been to hang out at the Liffey before the show? I guess there is O'Donovan's in Mpls but I'd still rather it be in St Paul.

That said my group would love to do something on Saturday after to show but we'll be travelling to WI for the show on Sunday so it may just have to be a brunch on Sat and not dinner. I don't know what our plans are yet as to flying/driving to Milwaukee.

I'll be there. Got GA's, and like arw9797 I'll probably be heading to Milwaukee for the Sunday show. Don't have tickets for that though. And Xcel would have been great - it is 1000 times better than that craphole the twolves call home....

I'll be at this show but don't know if I'll be able to anything otherwise except for maybe dinner while in Minneapolis. I have a 3 1/2 drive to get there.

Brunch on Saturday sounds like a great idea!

I won't get to the cities until Friday afternoon, so the next morning would work best for me too.

If I can find a reasonable airfare, I will be there. *crosses fingers*

I haven't figured out when I am arriving in the Cities...but I may fly in early Friday morning...drop crap at the hotel...and head to the line (say 11am maybe). I have a fan ticket...but it doesn't say FAN like the first leg.

We have a group of about 16 of us meeting at Palomino in downtown Minneapolis before the show, then hitting O'Donovan's or Kieran's afterward. Most likely Kieran's as O'Donovans gets way too crowded after ANY show, let alone U2. If you do go to O'D's- my friend Seamus will be singing that night. Make sure you tip him- lol.

I don't know what a fan ticket is, nor am I sure I want to as I am bound to get very jealous. I can't get downtown before 4 that day- am I nuts to arrive that late? Am I supposed to stand in a line all day? I know nothing about queing anymore because I am stuck at home all day with 3 kids 364 days of the year.

Tell me what I should be doing people!

zoney! you're going to mpls?! me too!

know what else is pretty sweet? u of m homecoming is that week.

homecoming = wicked fun.

Anyone have ETS GA tickets for Minneapolis? I'm trying to figure out a plan of action. Do I...

1. Get in line early (and which line...I'm a U2.com member but got tickets thru ETS) and hope that a kind U2 fan will save my place in line while I run over to O'Donovan's pub to pick up my ticket?

2. Screw getting in line early and just enjoy whatever entertainment goes on at the ETS party at O'Donovans and pray I get in the bomb shelter when I get in line?

longingforBono said:
We have a group of about 16 of us meeting at Palomino in downtown Minneapolis before the show,

We are now meeting at Bella Notte at 5:30 for anyone interested- which seems like no one. Bwahahahaha.

longingforBono said:
We have a group of about 16 of us meeting at Palomino in downtown Minneapolis before the show, then hitting O'Donovan's or Kieran's afterward. Most likely Kieran's as O'Donovans gets way too crowded after ANY show, let alone U2. If you do go to O'D's- my friend Seamus will be singing that night. Make sure you tip him- lol.

I don't know what a fan ticket is, nor am I sure I want to as I am bound to get very jealous. I can't get downtown before 4 that day- am I nuts to arrive that late? Am I supposed to stand in a line all day? I know nothing about queing anymore because I am stuck at home all day with 3 kids 364 days of the year.

If you got your ticket in the U2.com presale, which was one day earlier than the public sale, you have a fan ticket. That means you get put in a separate line from the rest of the crowd, but from what I'm hearing it's debateable how big of an advantage that gives you as far as getting closer to the stage since both lines go in at the same time.

No matter what kind of GA ticket you have, you have something like a 1-in-10 chance of getting into the "bomb shelter" close to the stage no matter when you get in line because they are scanning all the tickets when you go through the door to see if you have a "bomb shelter" ticket.

Hope that helps.

kariatari said:
zoney! you're going to mpls?! me too!

know what else is pretty sweet? u of m homecoming is that week.

homecoming = wicked fun.

Do you still have my phone number? Are you in GA? I wanna hang out!!!!

I think O'Donovan's is going to be a NIGHTMARE after the show!

I am thinking of ending up at Kieran's "other" place...The Local. Its been a while since I have been there.

I am staying at a hotel on Lasalle in downtown, I think (I am flying in from PA, and my buddy is flying in from Raleigh).

I am in GA...so I am flying in in the morning and headed right to the GA line. No pre-party for me.

My Minneapolis tickets don't say fan but my Omaha ones do. I did GA in Chicago in May on the 10th which was an added date. You'll be okay as long as you have a print out of you member profile from U2.com if you are a paid subscriber.

I'm not worried about my tickets not saying fan since they aren't GA and are for seats I purchased in the pre-sale. I have a couple of reasons which don't make GA a real good idea for me and my friend. I wouldn't trade my thrid row seats in the section next to the stage for anything!

Back
Top Bottom