Sept. 23, Target Center in Minneapolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think right at Seventh and First. Their is a garage entrance there where the trucks come in. Otherwise...their is also a garage on the backside. But I believe it is the first one I mentioned because that is the "backstage" area. It is where all the Timberwolves park.

Is 7th and 1st right where O'Donovans is? I live here but suck at directions.

Wonder if they'll be in Minneapolis today. Anyone have ideas about where they're staying?

Yes- right across from O'Donovan's sidewalk tables is where they arrived back in 2001. I know because I was drinking at O'D's and when I saw the limos I ran out into the rush hour traffic and was nearly hit by a ghastly old station wagon just so I could get over to see them get out. :coocoo:

After that my friends made me a shirt that says "I play in traffic for Bono":rockon: :lmao: :hug:

Is there an advantage to wait in line?I wasn't planning on going as early as 9am, but if it gives me a better chance to be in the ellipse, then I would. Does it make a difference if I bought pre-sale tickets?

I can't be there earlier anyway so I just hope I get to see them arrive again. Last time it was maybe and hour and a half before they were to go on. As long as you still see a crowd by the garage they haven't arrived yet.

Well the only advantage in waiting in line is that you'll get a better spot to see the show. Also, they could run out of elipse wristbands at a point too.

Chris
Off to Minneapolis...

zoney! said:

Do you still have my phone number? Are you in GA? I wanna hang out!!!!

I'm definitely in GA. ANd I definitely have Fan Tix. I don't have your phone number. I wanna go out afterwards, but my friend Kate is a young'n and doesn't turn 21 for 5 more days...BLARRRRRRG!

I dunno what time I'm lining up...I'm new to this whole GA thing.

And the tix say "No Cameras/Recorders"....so none at ALL?! Anybody know the Target Center policy on that stuff?

I believe if they catch you with a camera/recorder they confiscate it and you can pick it up at will call after the show.

There's no policy like beating you to death with it or anything.:)

We are staying at the Hilton tomorrow night. You could always sneak your friend in for a drink there!

The Hilton, eh? Hmmm....

Well I'm leaving for MPLS in about an hour....so I don't know how we're gonna get contact info...but I will be checking back here periodically until I leave....

e-mail me - kfokken@uni.edu

on a side note...i've misplaced my fecking checkbook/id/credit card holder thing.

Last edited:
So what does it mean when it says 'FAN' on the ticket? I bought my ticket during the presale, but I don't see 'FAN' anywhere on it....does it mean you are more likely to be able to get into the ellipse?

All 'Fan' means is that it was bought during the pre-sale. I don't know why not all the pre-sale tickets don't say that. It must have been a glitch in the system. Both my Minneapolis and Omaha tickets are pre-sale tickets. The Minneapolis ones don't have 'fan' on them and the Omaha ones do and they were both bought within a minute or two of eachother.

So was just wondering who was gonna be where today, I read that Odonovons is having Vertigo playing in a tent, and that the Local was just having a radio station and giving away tickets.....
Just seeing what everyone was up to.....

See ya at the show!!!!

Will all I need to get into the ticket pre-sale line is the printout of my paid U2.COM membership? I can't find the little metal U2.COM ID badge....

Back
Top Bottom