Phoenix (Glendale)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm not positive yet but I do have a GA for the 1st show. I would be coming from Long Beach, CA though by my lonesome. That's allright. I just have to make sure I can make it. IF I can thanks for all the info about hotels and stuff. Very useful. Hope to make it down there. If not have lots of fun for me!!:wink:

jesseu2 said:

yes we will :angry:

you guys are funny.

Has anyone contacted the Glendale arena and told them about our wonderful group?

Has anyone asked them when we are allowed to line up and where? Will they let us use the restrooms? I think these questions are better answered over the phone, so can one of you Phoenix dudes call them?

Leah

Appy said:

you guys are funny.

Has anyone contacted the Glendale arena and told them about our wonderful group?

Has anyone asked them when we are allowed to line up and where? Will they let us use the restrooms? I think these questions are better answered over the phone, so can one of you Phoenix dudes call them?

Leah

I gave a couple calls back a week or two ago, and pretty much got the run around. Just kept getting handed off to other people, no real answers. I'm going to give it another try a little closer to the concert dates, hopefully someone will have some idea of what I'm talking about by that time.

With the free parking, are you able to come and go, or are there parking attendants. Would we be able to leave our cars there overnight if people started getting in line right after thurs show. I've wanted to know how people with GA are able to get to arenas early in the morning and park in the lots if they are open or not.

Also, around what time did people start lining up for GA for the last tour in Phoenix.

Lastly, what do you guys think about hotels in Peoria, is the traffic bad getting to arena

Hey everyone :wave:
I'm considering adding the two Phoenix shows since it looks like I have an opportunity to buy tickets. Is renting a car essential? I'm going to around 12 shows already and I'm really trying to economize :crazy: On that same note, I'd be happy to share a hotel near the venue if anyone's interested...you can PM me at Ruffian@u2email.com.

Hello, hello! I'm coming from ATLANTA to see the 2nd show! I have a friend who lives in Phoenix and I "happened" to plan a trip to see her for that week. :wink: I'm so excited...I have 2 GA's and will be there at the crack of dawn to line up. Has Glendale Arena said what the GA process will be yet?

For anyone who hasn't found a hotel yet, I just found a great 3.8 miles from the arena:
Homestead Studio Suites
Phoenix - North Metro
2102 W. Dunlap Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85021

$38 a night.

I will be coming from Atlanta to attend both shows as well. GA's are cheap on Ebay and I just couldnt wait all the way for the Boston shows in May.

Ruffian-I sent you an email about renting a car. If three or four out of towners want to split a rental car it would be pretty cheap.

my flight connects in atlanta, so maybe we are on the same one. flight 989 on Delta departing at 8:25 a.m.

editorinchief said:
I will be coming from Atlanta to attend both shows as well. GA's are cheap on Ebay and I just couldnt wait all the way for the Boston shows in May.

Ruffian-I sent you an email about renting a car. If three or four out of towners want to split a rental car it would be pretty cheap.

I know they are cheap on Ebay, so don't bid against me! :shifty:
:wink:

Desert Dog said:
Phx27 - you out there? - need some help with the westside

Yep, what do you need?

U2Fan05, as long as you aren't on Bell Road, the traffic shouldn't be too bad. Depending on where you're going to be staying in Peoria also has a little bit of an effect. Downtown Peoria is sometimes busy, though I woudn't reccommend staying in that area anyhow. North Peoria, you'll probably want to take the 101 to the arena, and the traffic on that depends on the time of the day. If you have GA and are going to the arena in the morning, you're going to be fighting rush hour traffic all the way, unless you leave before 5:30-6:00AM. And it'll be kind of busy if you go in the afternoon, but you'll be going against the flow of most of the traffic, so it shouldn't be bad.

I think she got it on Priceline.

I got a room at the Embassy suites next to the airport for $60 a night.

oops--sorry, have not checked in on this thread in a while. Yes, I did find it on priceline, but the price I got is only about a buck cheaper than what they charge anyway. I think the site is www.homesteadsuites.com.

Phx27,

There are 2 locations I have to choose from. Could you tell me if any are in a bad part of town: McDowell & 51st ave, it is close to I10 about 3.5 miles west of I17. The 2nd is at Northern ave & I17.

I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

U2fan05,

Northern and I-17 all the way. It's a much better neighborhood than Mcdowell and 51st Avenue. I'd advise very strongly against anyplace around Mcdowell and 51st. There's a couple cheap places at Northern and I-17, which one are you planning on? It's right down the street from me, literally, so if you need any additional information about what's right around there, I can let you know about anything.

I was looking at the Super 8 at I17 & Northern. There's also a super 8 at Indian School & I17. Do you know anything about either one. These are the cheapest I could find. I already booked the Crossland Hotel at McDowell & 51st. I can cancel it though. I thought it seemed okay. There are a bunch of hotels in that area right of the hwy. Does that Northern st. have alot of traffic in the morning. I have GAs

Thanks.

I'm staying at the Ramada at the Arrowhead Towne Center. It's not cheap but I'm hoping it's in a decent area and not too far from the arena.

Has anyone had a chance to find out if we'll be allowed to line up early?

Back
Top Bottom