Oct. 29, American Airlines Center in Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any one with GA tickets please let me know. I h ave 2 for Milwaukee GA, trying to trade or sell and purchase. Thanks
RObb

I am coming up from San Antonio. I still need to make hotel reserv. for fri and sat nights. I want somewhere within a mile of the Am Air. center that is pretty nice . say $100 - $150 a night.

Does anyone have any recommendations ?

anyone else camping out for the GA? i did have another thread started in the general tour forum about it. i'm planning on camping out if they allow it and the weather isn't bad :hyper:
unfortunately i have to work till 8pm on friday.

does anyone know what the rules of american airlines center are?

Musique47.gif

carek are you just going to post that in every thread you see tonight

im thinking about camping out, if i dont camp out ill get in like about 8 or 9 am

Here is some info that everyONE attending the concert in Dallas should be aware of:

I've been getting a lot of emails and pm's at the various U2 fansites about activities surrounding the Vertigo concerts - especially as it concerns passing out the flyers for the African Well Fund.

First, I need to let everyone know that we are all volunteers here. Some of us may have more experience in volunteering but we all have something special to offer each other.

I have been an avid and active supporter of the AWF almost from since its inception (I joined the discussion group which formed the AWF two weeks into its existence) and so I have a very dear and beloved place in my heart for this organization.

It has achieved a GREAT thing for thousands of Africans for generations to come by raising the money over the last three years to build dozens of clean water wells in African villages.

And this has all been done "In the Name of Love" and with the utmost respect for Bono's tireless activism for the world's poorest people.

There will be a group of us to pass out the AWF flyers both in Dallas and in Houston. Quite honestly, the best time to pass out the flyers will be in the afternoon of the concerts.

What I would like to do is for anyone who has already contacted Rob (the co-ordinator for AWF volunteers at the Vertigo concerts) at trigelle@juno.com to post in this forum and let us know if you have received your volunteer package from him yet.

Then, what would be great is if people can say what will be a good time for them to pass out the flyers on the day of the concert. Then I'll try to compose a list of who can pass out the info at various times so that we can try to hit as many different people coming to the concert as possible.

For Houston, I'll be able to pass out the info during the early afternoon hours (4pm-5pm) because I should have a GA for Houston and will need to get back in line by later in the afternoon.

For Dallas, since I have a nosebleed, I will take the later hours (6pm-7pm) when people start coming into the arena since I don't have to wait in line to see the concert.

Anyway, please post back here and let us know if you have already contacted Rob and when you think is a good time for you to pass out the AWF flyers.

Thank you ALL so much for your concern for and your willingness to help for the world's poorest people.

There is really nothing better that you can do the night of the Vertigo concert in your town than to help an organization founded in the spirit of Bono's activism for Africa - the AWF.

There might be something else coming up in the next few weeks, but this is all any of us know for sure for now happening in Texas for the Vertigo tour!

Take very good care, my friends. Blessings not just for those who kneel.

ONE,
debbie

PS

We would love for you all to join us in Dallas! :wink:

ABEL, I'll make a deal with you :wink:

You and your companion both get beeped in, you take in myself and Miss IMP13. If my companion and I both get beeped in, we bring in you guys.

Eh. eh??

hope the weather is good like it has been. i plan on arriving there around 10 with a buddy who is reluctant to hang out there all day... oh well, a few beers should shut him up!

haha ok IMP13 :up:

hey y'all...last nite i went to the nine inch nails concert at american airlines center.
i was sort of scoping out the area too in preparation for U2.

if they do allow camping there...does anyone know where the heck we'd park?
cuz all the lots around there seem to be paid only or belonging to apartments with gates.

i don't even know what time the paid lots would open, i doubt they'd open very early, even the day of the show i don't know if they'd be open in the morning. let alone the night before.

anyone else know? :scratch:

hey y'all,

i called the AA center box office today,
the lady i spoke to was very nice but she didn't have a lot of information.
she said they don't allow the GA to line up before 8am the day of the show.
so there goes camping.
actually with the cooler temperatures i'm kinda glad not to have to camp.
i asked about cameras, she looked it up in her computer and said that the computer is telling her no cameras allowed.
somehow i kinda doubt that for U2.
she said to call back on wednesday, that tuesday there's a meeting and they should have more information then.

i also drove around the AA Center this afternoon in search of parking lots.
the paid lots usually don't open till 2-3 hours before the show, and are blocked off.
i looked for other possible parking areas that would be close but i didn't see any that i'd consider safe.
however, when i drove by lot 'F" which is in front of the AA Center appeared to be open.
there was a little man in the booth and about 10 cars in the lot.
the parking cost for that lot is $15 but it seems to be the best bet, and the safest, closest place to park if it's open that early.

i'll update when i get more info.

the parking situation will probably suck with the way it's set up. hopefully that lot with the little man will be open. i just hope they allow you to come and go (to get food, go to the bathroom, etc..). and i'm sure they'll let cameras in. if not, mine fits in an altoid box, so i'll "sneak" it in if i have to.

Well I'm thinking of getting there maybe 7 am or so now then and scoping it out. What time do you guys think?

i still may scope it out the night before. my friend eebz from houston is driving up and should be here by then. if it looks like no one else is around we'll just go home, and get back out there around 7 or 8 in the morning. otherwise we'll stay and camp if it looks like a line is forming already. i guess i'll know more when i call back on wednesday. :shrug:

ABEL, if it's not too much to ask, if you do scope it out Friday night would you give me a ring and tell me what you think? It sure would be appreciated.

no problem!

i see you're not premium can you email me your phone number?

lizartlizard @ gmail.com

Cameras

Three SHows this year, and never been bothered from bringing a camera so... Keep it discrete however still...

Thanks, ABEL. I emailed you the number yesterday so hopefully we can figure this one out together. I'm looking forward to meeting you! I've decided to go for the Party Girl playing much like the Pittsburgh dude, so if a long-haired rapscallion is playing Party Girl with the band, chances are its me.

Dallas 10/29 -Who's Going?

Just thought it would be interesting to start a thread to find out which interferencers would be attending each show. The band will be in Dallas on 10/29/05. Who's going?

(And at the setlist party, we can refer to all of our friends in attendence).

If it's a dumb idea, then, well, uh... I guess the mods will step in... and um... well. It won't be pretty. (They let Houston stay up for at least 20 minutes, so, thought I'd post for the next two upcoming shows...)

You may also want to list where your seats are, or if they are GA (thanks IMP :wink: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom