Oct. 16, Wachovia Center in Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I might as well be the first to post here. I got GA's for this show. This will be my first General Admission experience at any concert, let alone a U2 concert. It's sure to be a hell of a show. So, who else is gonna join me on the floor come October 16th?

I'm in GA both nights...and I have to drive home to NJ and be at work on Tuesday.....these shows will be at the end of a seven show straight run.

My legs are going to be killing me

I don't have tickets for 10/16 yet, but I will be there in GA both nights, as I was for both shows in May! I'm already counting the days!

Maybe you could tell me what the GA line and system is like at the Wachovia Center, as unfortunatly I had nosebleed seats in May.

I lined up around 9 a.m. for the 5/22 Philly show and was in the second row outside the ellipse, right on Adam's side, against the rail. The perfect spot, and well worth the wait. The system is very orderly until around 6 p.m., when basically it's a free for all and you have to run like hell to get in (through a cattle chute, no less). I'm doing GA the second night this fall, possibly with a friend, but I'm also thinking of trying to trade my really good seat for the Sunday show for GA. It's a great experience!

Oh shit. I certainly feel like an idiot now. I just happened to pick up my GA's again yesterday and look at them and realized they are for the 17th!

Looks like I have to change my plans a bit.

Oh well, looks like I'll be seeing everyone on Night 2 afterall!
:D

i'm GA on the 16th, and then i'm in an owners box on the 17th, how odd is that? i mean they're going to give me food and things.... i bet they sit down the whole time..... weird..... i don't know how to feel, maybe i'll be tired from being outside the whole day on the 16th?

so where is everyone staying? i stayed at the Holiday Inn-Stadium in May for the shows then and it was $130 a night--now it's $180! :slant: So I'm trying to find a cheaper place but still close. Anyone have suggestions?

I have GAs for both nights, so see at least some of you there!

I'm probably going to get a hotel via hotwire.com, which is what I did in the spring. I stayed downtown at a fairly nice Holiday Inn for only $75/night. I'm coming by myself, so I'm definitely hoping to find someplace reasonable. I'm driving down Sunday and have a good seat that night, then will be in the GA line all day Monday.

I need some hotel ideas. What area should I search around downtown?
I won't be alone so something nice but not too expensive. We'll probably be sight seeing :| instead of stalking the band, so the hotel doesn't have to be close to the arena.

Rates at the Holiday Inn near the stadiums just dropped a little bit. $144/night if you're willing to pre-pay. That's where I'm staying. I'm all about the free parking!

EPandAmerica said:
I need some hotel ideas. What area should I search around downtown?
I won't be alone so something nice but not too expensive. We'll probably be sight seeing :| instead of stalking the band, so the hotel doesn't have to be close to the arena.

Hi EP,
May I suggest the national constitution center. Its is brand new and a truly great experience. There is a Holiday Inn on 4th and Arch which is usually resonable and very close to all the historic sites you will want to see. Good luck!!

:ohmy: 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

having U2 dreams at night.....oh happy, happy dreams....

what time are you, my fellow insane fans, arriving for the GA line? i'm prepared to arrive the night before (eye-rolling hubby in tow!! hee hee), but what time to arrive??? anyone do this successfully back in may (when i had seats in the w-aaaaa-y back of the wachovia center)....???

thanks for any advice, & i can't wait to share the joy with you all,
:wave: grace40streets

I have GAs for the 17th. Will be spending my birthday waiting in line.. Think the venue will mind if I bring a grill and have a "tailgating" birthday celebtration? :p

Going down Sunday morning/afternoon and hoping there will be some tickets dropped.

Not sure where I will be staying.. I should get on that.

I think tailgating sounds like a good idea!

I haven't made my hotel reservations yet, either. I think I'm going to stay at the Holiday Inn Stadium, just because it's so close. It's a little more expensive than some places downtown (Hotwire is great if you're not choosy), but it will be good not to have to worry about subways, cabs, or driving.

Wish I could help you out with a ticket for Sunday. I do have an extra GA for Monday if anyone needs one. I hate to, but I'm going to have to put it on eBay soon if no one on here wants it. :reject: The friend who was supposed to go with me has to work, and since I was counting on him to split hotel costs, I need the money from that ticket to put toward the room.

See everyone soon! I'll be the dorky one in line grading students' short stories...

This needs a serious bump, being that we're less than 3 days away! I'll be in line by 11, see you all there, stop by for some champagne!

I think I'll be getting there around 4pm. Still can't decide. I'm a mom now--not like the old carefree days--and can hardly believe I scored a GA ticket to this one. I figure this is one last chance to relive my Popmart/Elevation glory days, so maybe I should come at the crack o'dawn. What to do, what to do??? :huh:

I'm not sure if anyone else got this email yesterday, but I thought I'd post it. Anyone want to meet up for a drink here before the show? I'm curious what the U2 drink specials will be...

Are you ready to see U2 in concert?

Our records indicate that you purchased tickets to see U2 perform at the Wachovia Center this Sunday or Monday.

Showtime is at 7:30pm but we'd like to invite you down early for the free Pre-Concert Party at the brand new Cingular Pavilion, the world's largest arena bar featuring Chickie's & Pete's, Steve's Prince of Steaks and the Bud Light Zone!

Live music by U2 tribute band "2U" before the show starts
Special DVD running on HDTV's - "U2 Rattle and Hum"
Live Broadcast by WMMR & WMGK
U2 feature drinks at the bar

Doors to the Cingular Pavilion will open at 5:00pm. The Pavilion is located on the 11th Street side of the Wachovia Center, facing Lincoln Financial Field.

Enjoy the show!

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm not sure if anyone else got this email yesterday, but I thought I'd post it. Anyone want to meet up for a drink here before the show? I'm curious what the U2 drink specials will be...

Sunday Bloody Mary's perhaps?

I got the email also and my husband and I may check it out. If you see a large woman in a One tee shirt, that will be me.

Back
Top Bottom