Nov. 5, MGM Grand in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a single ticket L14 -- Thank god I have that Thursday -Sunday off...I have to find a ticket now for Friday night as well....

and a flight from NJ, and a place to crash

Hmmm, I got a single ticket in L14, too... we're probably sitting next to each other.

Hope you like to sing.

I got GAs - so my friend and I will definitely be in line that morning (SO EXCITED!!!!)... I have never done GA before - so I'm new to the whole thing... So, I hope we all learn how MGM does their GA soon enough...

Where are you out-of-towners staying? I booked the New York New York since it's right across the street from MGM and was *relatively* inexpensive with air from Expedia... I spent less on my air/hotel package than I would've if I bought them all separately. The hotel prices are ridiculous that weekend (they're on to us!) I'm used to those $99 nights at Mandalay - not $300+!

NEWBIE HELP! for this show

OK, I thought I had posted this on this thread, but I missed, so I am trying it again:

I just joined this board, and I am a bit lost and confused. I am not sure where on the board to ask these questions, but here goes anyway...

The short of it is that I am looking for someone to attend the concert with and I am looking for tickets. I live in the Reno-Carson City-Tahoe area, and I cannot find anyone who wants to attend the November 5 concert in Vegas. How can I fan fellow U2 fans who live in my area? I'd love to have someone to go with because it's obviously more fun that way and because it seems easier to purchase two tickets than just one.

Second, how do I get tickets? Here are the four options as I see it...

1) Buy from scalpers the day of the show. Not the best option in my opinion.
2) Buy at totaltickets.com -- sounds expensive again, though.
3) Buy at ebay -- looks cheaper but I don't trust Ebay.
4) Buy somewhere else ? If so, where?

So what advice do y'all have? I am NOT looking for flight and hotel advice -- that's the least of my worries right now. I gotta set up this trip first.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, aren't you still able to get day of tickets from the venue box office? I know it's not easy but they usually have a decent amount available for each show.

I have 2 GAs for Friday night, but fearing a generic night one setlist I'm thinking of trying to get tix for Saturday as well.

See all of you Bomb-shelter hopefuls in line...

No luck with box office

I just called the MGM box office at their 1-800 number, and they told me that since the event is controlled by the promoter, there's no way of knowing if they are setting aside tickets at the last minute or not. So as of now, I can't count on that. But thanks for the idea, lazarus.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I wouldn't count on getting tix the day of the show. This is Vegas, after all..the MGM probably has a huge block of tickets to give out to their players that are there that weekend.

It's possible you could get from a scalper, but it's likely you'll pay as much or more than if you go for them now off ebay or a broker. I bought 1st night on ebay, and 2nd night from a broker here in town but they also have a website. I've dealt with them before and they are legit. $500 each for GA but you can get cheaper 'seats'.
Ebay is safe, IMO..but I'd still look for 'hard' tickets as opposed to ticketfast. Unless it's a broker selling it and they'll advertise as such. Look at feedback, etc..

Good luck!

Re: NEWBIE HELP! for this show

guinessmen said:
it's obviously more fun that way and because it seems easier to purchase two tickets than just one.

It's way easier to get a single!! Trust me. I do it all the time.

Ebay pairs go way over face, while singles can frequently sell for under face. I got my Saturday Vegas single for $20 under face; hard ticket and all. I got at least one Elevation single on ebay for face as well. Go for a single, go by yourself and have a ball. I've gone to five of six Elevation shows alone, and three Vertigo shows alone and I've enjoyed every one. I have two more solo Vertigos to go, and one show with my sweetheart.

Ooo, the Bat Cave (what I lovingly call the Barbary Coast) My old stompin ground. I used to serve drinks there..I would probably have died if I was there that night :drool:

Mr. BAW said:
Last tour, the boys closed the night at the Barbary Coast and the Bellagio bar.............word had it, Mr. B bought several rounds of drinks at the Bellagio...you asked, here's the answer.

which bellagio bar??

the one right in the lobby??

that's where i very first met mk! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom