Nov. 26, Bell Centre in Montreal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah baby!

$315 friggin dollars later... and we are in line for GA freazing our Canucks asses off!

$300 to sit outisde in the freezing cold for 30 hours!! Haha! Yes sir!!

Jon

Hey! Anyone going on November 28th at the Bell Center?
I think it would be real fun to all meet in an Irish Pub before and freak out together. Anyone interested? I know a great place.

Love and Peace...or else,
Las

I'll likely be there, but cannot confirm yet. Are you from Montreal?

There is no shortage of pubs or irish pubs in Montreal, specifically in the surrounding area so Hurley's, Brutopia, McGibbons and the whole of Crescent Street etc are all possibilities.

Jon

Hey Klink ( and everyone) ,

Yeah, I'm from Montreal alright, I live smack downtown so I know what you mean about the dozens of Irish Pubs.
My personal fav is McKibbin's on the corner of Bishop.

I'd love to meet a bunch of fans before the show but, hey, I know it's hard to plan something 6 bloody months in advance.
Or as I like to say: 165 Days, 10 hours and 8 minutes..
Just doesn`t sound as excrutiatingly long... :huh:

We'll talk again when we get closer to the gig if you want, I just wanted to see if there were people interested in a little Montreal gathering on the 28th....in the snow like idiots...

But no :drunk: for me at the Pub, I want to see the show fully.

Love and Peace...or else,

Las

Is that for the 26th or the 28th show? I'm going to the November 28th show but I could go to the after party anyway if it's on the 26th.
Let me know. (Maybe you said it already but I just didn't read properly)

Getting real exited over here don't know about you guys...:yes:

Las

Just to remind all Montreal U2 concertgoers that the Official U2 Fan Parties will be happening on Saturday, November 26 AND Monday, November 28 at Club LaBoom from 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM each night of the U2 shows, and again after the shows from 11:30 PM until you say when. Montreal's hottest venue gets even hotter as U2 fans take over! Address is 1254 Stanley, mere steps from the U2 concert..

ETS has been the Official Tour Operator for U2 for their fifth consecutive tour and they know their tribute bands! October are very pleased to have been repeatedly chosen to entertain fans from Canada and abroad at these very special events with high tech audio visual light shows previously launched in the spring leg of the tour! ETS and OCTOBER bring the live U2 experience and road trip to Montreal.

Your admission includes an amazing hot buffet, an inspiring 2 hours of U2 classics and rarities performed live byOCTOBER - A Celebration of U2, fan experiences and prize giveaways. A free shuttle transports you to the concert from the party and then back again to party with us at the Official After Party. On Saturday you can SHAKE SHAKE! to Montreal's hottest DJs with the sexiest crowd in the city and on Monday we will be performing a special post U2-concert set to send U2 off in style. Some very very special guests are rumoured to be in attendance so don't miss this opportunity.

Limited band guest passes are available on a first come first served basis by contacting me at: gabrielvox@october.ca

Can't wait for Montreal!

PS - Dont have U2 tickets? We may be able to help! go to our site and follow the links advertising U2 concert packages..

OCTOBERETS.jpg

Last edited:
Quick Montreal-related Q for anyone who might have a clue! I'm flying in for the weekend (boss, friends, etc, think I'm insane- will be there for less than 48 hours but I say it's worth it in the name of U2!) - I'm going to the show with my bro, who'll be driving, and was wondering where the best place to park might be? We're gonna be queuing overnight on the 25th so will in effect need parking for two nights, if that makes sense. Anyone know any car parks that are close and not ridiculously overpriced?

20 days left!!!:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Okay, so these official after-show parties sound so great but, since we all already paid quite a bit of cash for the show itself, I was thinking more of doing something along the lines of just going with a bunch of people to some pub and just keep the party going without spending more cash on yet another ticket. Maybe it's me, maybe I'm cheap but who's with me? What do you say? Pub, party, few pints?
Let me know. (yeah, I'm just looking for some mates to party with and share this ...)
PM, email, whatever... 22 days!!!!
Las :huh:

Las said:
Is that for the 26th or the 28th show? I'm going to the November 28th show but I could go to the after party anyway if it's on the 26th.
Let me know. (Maybe you said it already but I just didn't read properly)

Getting real exited over here don't know about you guys...:yes:

Las

Hi Las, we are only performing at the Hard Rock Cafe for the post-U2 party on Saturday November 26th from 11pm-2am...should be a great time...we know over 80 songs including b-sides and other obscure stuff, alot of which we plan to perform at the Montreal post-party...hope to see you there.

Cheers.
Brady
http://www.u2tributeband.com

Las said:
Okay, so these official after-show parties sound so great but, since we all already paid quite a bit of cash for the show itself, I was thinking more of doing something along the lines of just going with a bunch of people to some pub and just keep the party going without spending more cash on yet another ticket. Maybe it's me, maybe I'm cheap but who's with me? What do you say? Pub, party, few pints?
Let me know. (yeah, I'm just looking for some mates to party with and share this ...)

BTW - I think the party at the Hard Rock is free with ticket stub or very minimal cover (maybe $5 tops...)

Cheers,

Brady

Cheers Bradyvox,
I'll probably be there then, as a pre-show party for me. But there is NO way I will ever part with my ticket stub even to get into Heaven so I guess you would just have to flash it.
Cool. 5 or 10 bucks sounds great to me.
Happy Las

Las said:

Las (and anyone)

If you email me at gabrielvox@october.ca, I will do my utmost to get you on the band guestlist, which means you get in free.

Hope to see you all out

Gabriel

Hey Everybody i will be driving from NB to take in the Nov 28th show . Yeah a good 10 hour drive but I'm sure it will be worth it. I am wondering about the u2 tribute party at Club LaBoom . Do I have to purchase tickets online in advance or can i get them on Sunday or monday during the day before ?? I really want to get together with a bunch of u2 fans but not sure where to look. ANy tips will be great as I don't know Montreal Thanks TANO

Less then a week left before U2 hit Montreal!!!!...:hyper:...are we excited Montreal???!!!...i know i am!!!...cheers everyone and lets all have a wonderful U2 week!!!...YAY!!!! :) :hyper:..see you all there!!! :)

Was just wondering what time one should start waiting in the GA line to get an amazing spot? Any ideas...?

Update for Montreal U2 concert goers:

I still have a couple of complimentary guest passes for our pre-U2 concert show on Saturday November 26 and our pre and post U2 concert shows on Monday November 28 at Club LaBoom in Montreal. The club is less than 1 km from where U2 is playing.

I will not be online after 4 PM today, until sometime next week...so if you'd like to attend and need a pass, email me please at gabrielvox@october.ca

If you cant decide before then, I will be available all weekend at 416-723-7470 give me a ring and we'll see what we can do.

See you all in Montreal! :)

G

Hi everyone,

Due to popular demand, in addition to our post-party at the Hard Rock in Montreal, we will be hosting a pre-party from 5:30-7:30 (with a short set between 6 and 7) with many giveaways including a U2 IPOD!!

It's all free! (pre and post party)

Cheers,

Brady

Not certain, but I would guess The Queen Elizabeth. It's on Rene Levesque not far from the Bell Centre and it's the type of place I would expect them to stay in. The Fairmont hotels are all landmark ones (Chateau Frontenac, Royal York etc). Plus, it's got The Beaver Club, which is one of the best restaurants in the country -- possibly a good bet as to where the B man was dining with Cirque last night.

Back
Top Bottom