Nov. 25, Corel Centre in Ottawa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, what's the scoop, how many fans from here will be in Ottawa? Let me know what's going on...:ohmy:

hey all!

i'll be freezing my ass off in the GA line on Nov. 25. since i'm attending the show by myself, it might be nice to hang out with some fellow interferencers!

see you there!

:wave:

Is anybody who's going to the Ottawa show having dinner or hanging out at Marshy's first? It's a bar/restaurant in the Corel Centre itself. Best ribs in the city!:drool:

Hey all! Just one more month until U2 hits my city! I can't wait! :hyper:

Who's going to this show? What time do you plan on lining up if you have GA's? I wonder if the venue would be nice enough to let us line up inside (I could be wrong, but didn't the Corel Centre allow people to line up inside to buy tickets?)

ladywithspinninghead said:
Who's going to this show? What time do you plan on lining up if you have GA's?
i was going to ask you the same thing!

i'm guessing temperature is really going to affect what time people start lining up. lining up inside would be sweet.

i'm travelling from edmonton and have never been to ottawa.

since i'm not premium, do you mind emailing me? U2Chick[at]gmail[dot]com. i've got a few questions.

You have mail!

Nooo idea what time I`ll go in line....It`s probably the last time I`ll line up for U2 on this tour so if the weather is decent (at least 5 degrees), maybe around noon. Otherwise, much, much later!

Guys!!

The place to be before the concert is the Bell Sensplex Field, at the ETS Official U2 Fan Pre-Party. OCTOBER will be providing two sets of great U2 classics, many of which U2 no longer performs! Full production with stage, sound and even a ramp out into the audience...

As well there will be a great hot buffet, prizes, jokes and lots more - plus the best fans in the world warming up for an amazing concert!

Details: www.october.ca

We are also playing the Irish Village the week before in downtown Ottawa on Nov 17 thru 19th. Come party with us! :)

G

Hi everyone,

I want to invite you to a post-party show at O'Connor's Irish pub which is only a couple minutes from the Corel Centre and the closest bar to the Corel Centre.

http://www.oconnorsirishpub.com ( I don't think the website is up to date but it has the address at least...)

We'll keep the U2 party going with live U2 via U2 Tribute Show, Elevation from 11pm-2am!!

http://www.u2tributeband.com

Hope to see you there!!

Cheers,

Brady

So let me get this right - October is playing BEFORE U2 and Elevation is playing AFTER U2? Cool, that`s a pretty easy decision!

(Although Gabe if you do score GAs for Montreal and the Bell Centre decides to hand out wristbands-a-la-Boston we`re leaving Ottawa verrrry early in the morning! :yes: )

Oh, do come!

Let me know if you decide to make it!

I`m sure I`ve seen you before but I`d like to def. put a face to the name!

We have, we just didnt know who the other was :D

You were right behind me in Toronto 4 while waiting for the band :sexywink:

We didnt find out til much later though... I do know what you look like now, so I'll definitely say hi...

I just need to figure out if I am going :lol: Not sure if I definitely have a ticket yet... :hmm:

So let me get this right - October is playing BEFORE U2 and Elevation is playing AFTER U2? Cool, that`s a pretty easy decision!

yeah - I think that is right - same holds true for Montreal (the 26th) as far as I know...

Hope to see you Julie and if not - I will see you in the GA line in Montreal!! What time are you lining up?

Cheers,
Brady

It just hit me, Arcade Fire opens up this show! Could be interesting! :happy:

Still don't know about my ticket... will probably be playing this one by ear... :hmm:

bradyvox said:

yeah - I think that is right - same holds true for Montreal (the 26th) as far as I know...

Hope to see you Julie and if not - I will see you in the GA line in Montreal!! What time are you lining up?

Cheers,
Brady

Hi Brady :wave:

Unless Montreal institutes a GA policy a-la-Boston I won`t be lining up at all I`m afraid.
A lot of my close friends live in Montreal so I`ll be meeting up with them in the afternoon and besides, I`ll be exhausted after the GA line-up in Ottawa the day before!

Miroslava - you`re right, you were on the left of Barbara, right?
I think we established this already but it seems like eons ago!

Miroslava - you`re right, you were on the left of Barbara, right?
I think we established this already but it seems like eons ago!

:yup:

That was me... So now we know for next time :D

Yes, do come April, the more the merrier!!
And Miroslava, I`m glad you`ll be coming!!

U2 fever has reached Ottawa that`s for sure, it`s all the radio stations talk about and they even have countdowns to the U2 concert on their sites :lol:

If you, Miroslava (or anyone else for that matter), have questions about Ottawa, just ask. By the way, the weather channel said it will be -7 (celsius) next Friday. Seriously, who in their right mind is going to line up all day in THAT??

Yes, do come April, the more the merrier!!
And Miroslava, I`m glad you`ll be coming!!

U2 fever has reached Ottawa that`s for sure, it`s all the radio stations talk about and they even have countdowns to the U2 concert on their sites :lol:

If you, Miroslava (or anyone else for that matter), have questions about Ottawa, just ask. By the way, the weather channel said it will be -7 (celsius) next Friday. Seriously, who in their right mind is going to line up all day in THAT??

Not sure!

And thanks Julie! Actually, I am somewhat familiar with Ottawa, I was there doing an internship at the House of Commons a few years back. Didnt actually spent too much time there since elections got called that year so I went off to Montreal to work the campain with Le Bloc! :reject: (just cause of the language, not so much political affinity).

I do need to figure out everything for this trip though! :lol: I have nothing other than my ticket...

Am I missing something or is the hotel situation near Corel pretty crappy?

:sigh:

Oh well, will figure it out after I get back from Atlanta! I have an air mattress, plenty of blankets and a comfy car that accomodated april and I fairly well for Detroit... guess that could work for Ottawa and I could then just get a hotel anywhere for after the show :hmm:

Hi all!

I'm so excited!! Just 5 days away! About the hotel situation, I know the Brookstreet Hotel still has rooms available for about 170/night...not bad if you're sharing with people. Holiday Inn Select (5 minute drive) also has some availability left. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Ottawa!

Take care,

-Amal

Thanks Amal, I had shown the Holiday Inn as completely booked, ands till shows that way. T4he Brookstreet looks lovely, but I am not paying that much :lol:

I just looked at a satellite view of the Corel Centre and I had Detroit flashbacks. There is NOTHING around there, is there? Are they even going to allow us to line up since it is private property? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom