Nov. 18, Philips Arena in Atlanta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:

Wow, you beat all of us there.:wink: How's the weather??:huh:

Let's see:

I was comfortable in the shade in Miami... sweating a lot in the GA line in Tampa... and now I'm freezing my ass off! I just got out of the car in a tshirt, jeans, and sandals :|

I had to dig for my sweater before doing anything else!

When are you getting here, Rose?

hippy said:

Let's see:

I was comfortable in the shade in Miami... sweating a lot in the GA line in Tampa... and now I'm freezing my ass off! I just got out of the car in a tshirt, jeans, and sandals :|

I had to dig for my sweater before doing anything else!

When are you getting here, Rose?

I arrive a little before 11am tomorrow. :) I guess I'll be packing some thermal underwear. :huh: I hate cold weather. :mad:

hippy said:

Me too. That is why I live in South FL. :|

Anyway... you have my #, right?

I was gonna go hang out at the arena sometime in the afternoon (3-4 pm, maybe?) if nothing else was going on :)

Yep, I have your number.

39 degress.:no:

:sigh:
I shouldn't have said anything about arrival time. I just got a call from my friend and we will now be arriving much later than 11.
:(

Just saw this in my e-mail inbox from The Leopard Lounge:

[q]
U2 WEEKEND

AS WE ALL KNOW THE MIGHTY U2 IS IN TOWN THIS WEEKEND TO ROCK ATLANTA.

Here is something we didn't know. The last time U2 was in town, BONO danced the night away here @ The Leopard Lounge. We are hoping he comes again and to all of you that go to the show we have something for you. Show your ticket stub @ the door and receive free entry. Also with your ticket you will receive U$2 dollar drink specials. So come after the show, have some cocktails and let's see if BONO shows again!!!

The Leopard Lounge is proud to present The
Ladies Lounge on Saturdays. Saturday is the day to appreciate all of the ladies in Atlanta. We will have $3 cocktails for ladies ALL NIGHT. We will be giving away an IPOD NANO, so don't forget to sign up. We will have 2 DJ's taking requests so you can dance to your favorite music. So hold on to your ticket to see if you have won. NO COVER FOR LADIES BEFORE MIDNIGHT $5 AFTER!!!

84 12th Street
Midtown ~ Atlanta
www.leopard lounge.biz [/q]

and another things to do email:

[q]In the news, around the world, in your iPod and now in Atlanta. 929 dave fm presents U2 Live, the vertigo tour. Anticipation drives admiration for the band that defines rock without rules. Thursday November 17th, dave fm brings U2 to you. Orbiting Atlanta with 3 Satellite listening environments.. Meehans Vinings, Meehans Brookhaven, and Meehans Sandy Springs .The Most Tickets for the Worlds Biggest Band. The satellites go live at 7. Celebrate the sounds of U2, and get in to the biggest shows in town. 929 dave fm's Satellite U2 parties, supported by Heineken, its all about the beer, and 929 dave fm.
Meehan's Vinings
4300 Paces Ferry Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30339 Meehan's Brookhaven
4058 Peachtree Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30319 Meehan's Sandy Springs
Sandy Springs Cir NE
Atlanta, 30328

929 dave fm doesn't mess around when it comes to U2. We simply have A LOT of tickets to these shows. We want you there. Thursday November 17th starting at 7pm at your neighborhood Meehan's. Make plans with your friends to celebrate U2 with 929 dave fm.[/q]

Last edited:
You always have a shot of getting in. Wont be front row ellipse, but you always have the opportunity to get in :D

johno said:
Do I stand a shot in hell of getting in the elipse if I arrive around 4PM at the GA line??? :eyebrow:

Yep. It's done a random scanning basis so position in line doesn't matter as far as getting into the ellipse.

However, where you get to stand once you're in depends on whether you get in there first or last.

:)

Iris don't give me any crazy ideas about trying to see Bono! :reject: :scream: I need to go to sleep after the show! :laugh:

It's too damn cold! :angry:

See you all tomorrow! :wave:

There's always a few crazies

:shifty:

Not that I am packing a second suitcase with a tent and sleeping bag just in case or anything...

:wink:

meeting band

Anybody know where the band entrance is to Philips Arena. I met Bono in Denver and was wondering where the spot is at philips arena?

I am getting chill bumps reading these posts! I am so excited.

I will be arriving about 3:30 or 4 tomorrow, and heading straight for the back of the line. # 4,330.

Nonetheless, I will be there on the floor, prob in the back.

I got into Dallas at 6pm and scanned into the ellipse, but was right infront of Bono when he took the stage and during all the times he came out to the tip of the ellipse...so back of the ellipse is really great...I got this there.
bonodallas32.jpg

but needless to say, I should be in the top 50 Saturday...I wanna try to get there EARLY...not pneumonia catching early, but early. ;)

I cannot sleep...woke up at 5:15CDT.

Will be awake till midnight or so for tonight's show :drool: ...

will get to philips EARLY tomorrow morning...

I am going to be going on adrenaline.

I remember waking up throughout the night singing, SYCMIOYO in my head.

I even woke up just now singing it.

My tix have been hanging on my kitchen bulletin board since March...looking at them daily! I cannot believe they are packed and it is FINALLY time.

See ya at Philips!!!!!

I only got 3-4 hours sleep last night :| :hyper: and I don't have a ticket for today :happy: I'm planning on leaving at 1 p.m. if nothing comes up online in a ticket drop and try to get something at the arena :crazy: I know I shouldn't have waited till the last minute, but I didn't know if I was going to be able to go today or not.

About leaving the GA line, I thought it would be o.k. if you had something important to do that you couldn't get out of, but under normal circumstances I would think you shouldn't leave for more than 2 hours or so at the most, maybe even only an hour. I've been to concerts before, but not a GA line so I'm not an expert about it.

Anyway, I'm ready to have have fun and party, because they're finally here! :hyper: :dancing: :faint:

I don't know how anybody's gonna know me when I show up, maybe I'll wear a nametag :| (or scream and holler too :lol: :wave: )

ramblin rose, are you streaming or texting the setlist parties today or tomorrow?

Last edited:
I'm totally stoked. This is my first U2 concert. I plan on getting there around 3:30 this afternoon. Can't wait to meet some fellow U2 fans and see the best band in the world. :wink:

Yep. It's about a two hour drive from Birmingham to Atlanta. I plan on leaving around noon.

I've been a little worried about the GA thing cause I wanna be able to have a decent view. Who knows though, perhaps I'll get lucky and get into the ellipse. I've now told myself that I'm gonna have a great time no matter where I am standing. Ha, I wish I could just make time move forward....the anticipation is killing me.

We're coming from Tuscaloosa...leaving around 11. We have seats for tonight (Section 122), but we'll be doing the GA thing tomorrow. But we'll survey the line today to see what's happening and find other Interferencers. Drive carefully!

Have safe drives everyone! :D

See you all tomorrow! :hyper:

And well, some of you tonight :shifty:

It's about time Nov 18th got here!!

Cold beers at Fadó before & after the concert!

See ya there.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom