MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego Fan Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ruffian said:

here's the link:
www.thefieldirishpub.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/events.woa

don't know where this is in relation to the arena but those who posted it say it isn't close.

That's downtown in the Gaslamp district, fun place to be, lots of bars, clubs etc if you like that scene. Hang tight.....maybe something else might come up as far as entertainment's sake......

Carek1230 said:

That's downtown in the Gaslamp district, fun place to be, lots of bars, clubs etc if you like that scene. Hang tight.....maybe something else might come up as far as entertainment's sake......

i'm sure plans will change a thousand times between now and the shows...and I will be there for the second show, 3/30. Got my plane reservations tonight, too. i get in at 2:00pm on Sunday. :dancing:

So Ruffian, I know what you'Re doing sunday night!!!!!!!

Do you think that you're going to bed at 10:00 PM????

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Let's party and we should make a small group (10 or less) to try to meet the band. If we are 50 fans all together, i won't be the same...so ruffian, carek and other fans in this topic, we should all meet together!

i totally agree. when we get closer to the date we can exchange cell numbers.

i'm napping when i get in so i'll be geared up for Sunday night!!!!

ruffian said:
i totally agree. when we get closer to the date we can exchange cell numbers.

i'm napping when i get in so i'll be geared up for Sunday night!!!!

Count me in! I want to meet the lads too if possible...I certainly have tried numerous times.

:wink:

ruffian said:

So there's talk on the @U2 forum about meeting at an Irish pub instead of Chilis (more ambiance, etc.). I propose an earlyish happy hour meeting at Chilis and then whoever wants to trek over to the other place can do so, and whoever wants to stay near the hotel due to transportation issues or whatever can do that.

Oh no... this is getting all complicated now....

thousandfold said:

Oh no... this is getting all complicated now....

it'll be fine. we still have over a month till the show, and i'm sure there will be various incarnations of our plan. but we'll be sure to pull it off. are you staying at the holiday inn? if so, that makes it even easier. i think if we all meet at the chilis for some early celebration that would be great, then we can either go en masse to one of the irish bars or everyone can do their own thing. no worries!

ruffian said:

So there's talk on the @U2 forum about meeting at an Irish pub instead of Chilis (more ambiance, etc.). I propose an earlyish happy hour meeting at Chilis and then whoever wants to trek over to the other place can do so, and whoever wants to stay near the hotel due to transportation issues or whatever can do that.

I think that's a good idea :yes: Not everyone is into the pub/drinking thing or are nightowls (not that there's anything wrong with that :wink: ). This way, people could still have a meet&greet and then can also really let their hair down too :lol:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

I think that's a good idea :yes: Not everyone is into the pub/drinking thing or are nightowls (not that there's anything wrong with that :wink: ). This way, people could still have a meet&greet and then can also really let their hair down too :lol:

Kelly, you are my HERO for posting such awesome pics on Pleba all the time! Thank you thank you! :applaud: :applaud: It'll be nice to meet you in SD :)

ruffian said:

it'll be fine. we still have over a month till the show, and i'm sure there will be various incarnations of our plan. but we'll be sure to pull it off. are you staying at the holiday inn? if so, that makes it even easier. i think if we all meet at the chilis for some early celebration that would be great, then we can either go en masse to one of the irish bars or everyone can do their own thing. no worries!

No, I live in Orange County, so I have to figure out where it is I'll have to be driving to, and how long it will take. So, less easy. What time were we thinking all the festivities would begin?

fredstab said:
So Ruffian, I know what you'Re doing sunday night!!!!!!!

Do you think that you're going to bed at 10:00 PM????

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Let's party and we should make a small group (10 or less) to try to meet the band. If we are 50 fans all together, i won't be the same...so ruffian, carek and other fans in this topic, we should all meet together!

Sounds good to me but there is a Gulls ice hockey game at the Arena Sunday night so I highly doubt there will be any band members hanging around, not until there's a stage set up for them to work with.

I know there will be plenty of diversion for us U2 fans however so stay tuned. :silent:

thousandfold said:

No, I live in Orange County, so I have to figure out where it is I'll have to be driving to, and how long it will take. So, less easy. What time were we thinking all the festivities would begin?

I see why this makes it more complicated for you. I don't know what time everyone's flights get in, so it's partly contigent on that. I could meet at 6 or 7...even as early as 5.

ruffian said:

I see why this makes it more complicated for you. I don't know what time everyone's flights get in, so it's partly contigent on that. I could meet at 6 or 7...even as early as 5.

I say we all *meet* here oh, say......3/23 to collect itineraries, cell nos., etc......

Carek1230 said:

I say we all *meet* here oh, say......3/23 to collect itineraries, cell nos., etc......

Right...really, it's early yet. We know for sure we'll be meeting the night before the show so let's take it from there...

I am also going to opening nite and the second date. I have seats for nite 1 and GA for nite 2...yipppeee!!! I can't wait, I have had 2 dreams about going to the concert already and it's making me even more excited. That irish bar you are talking about THe Field, is so cool...everything is imported from Ireland and it is amazing. It would probably be a great place to hang before the concert but a cab ride from the Arena area would be about $20. I used to live really close to the Arena and took many cabs downtown. If we have enough people I could see about arranging something at another pub called Hennessey's Tavern, my hubby works for them. Maybe a deal on some apps or drinks. They have 2 restaurants in SD, one downtown and one in Pacific Beach, which is a lot closer than going downtown and only 1 block from the ocean. Plus Pacific Beach has tons of bars, restauranst, shops and fun. I will be sure to check back often and see what's happening w/ the planning but if you have any questions please ask. Can't wait to meet you all!! :wave:

Count me in

This is yoshitownsend aka Joshua626 on @U2.com.

Can't wait to have a get together of U2 fans in SD. I'm not going to stay out too late, but I definitely plan to hang out as long as possible. See everyone there soon enough. Just think, about 5 weeks away!!!!

As far as places to stay, I don't think anyone's mentioned the Ramada Limited on Midway. That's where I'm staying, and it's very reasonable ($56/night if you book through Ramada's website). I stayed there during the Elevation tour. It's no castle, but it's a clean room with a bed and it's walking distance to the Sports Arena - actually, its right behind the Holiday Inn. Just another option. :shrug:

Re: Count me in

yoshitownsend62 said:
This is yoshitownsend aka Joshua626 on @U2.com.

Can't wait to have a get together of U2 fans in SD. I'm not going to stay out too late, but I definitely plan to hang out as long as possible. See everyone there soon enough. Just think, about 5 weeks away!!!!
40 days and counting .................

I absolutely CANNOT wait 40 days!!! Seems interminable! I have literally had sleepless nights from being so adrenalized about this tour. I know, I'm not normal:crazy:

ruffian said:
I absolutely CANNOT wait 40 days!!! Seems interminable! I have literally had sleepless nights from being so adrenalized about this tour. I know, I'm not normal:crazy:

If you're not normal, we're all not. For me it seems the days aren't moving. It seems we've been in the 40ish days forever.

Believe me I know exactly how you feel, I think a lot of us feel the same way, these next 40 days will be pure torture.

ramblin rose said:

If you're not normal, we're all not. For me it seems the days aren't moving. It seems we've been in the 40ish days forever.

Believe me I know exactly how you feel, I think a lot of us feel the same way, these next 40 days will be pure torture.

glad to know others feel the same way--I don't know ANYONE who even listens to U2 regularly, so they've all been giving me a hard time for my obsessive behavior

:::runs from the computer to take a peek at tickets again, for the 12th time today:::

ruffian said:

glad to know others feel the same way--I don't know ANYONE who even listens to U2 regularly, so they've all been giving me a hard time for my obsessive behavior

:::runs from the computer to take a peek at tickets again, for the 12th time today:::

OMG! I am so glad to know I am not the only one who keeps looking at tickets! I am so freaking out about losing them or spilling something on them! I swear I wanna sleep with them under my pillow

FORTY DAYS PEOPLE! FORTY LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG DAYS!

Carek1230 said:

OMG! I am so glad to know I am not the only one who keeps looking at tickets! I am so freaking out about losing them or spilling something on them! I swear I wanna sleep with them under my pillow

I've put all my tickets in plastic sheet protectors.:huh:

I wonder if we're just sick or it's that everything we've gone through to get these tickets has made us this way. It's like we're waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under us.:crazy:

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

I've put all my tickets in plastic sheet protectors.:huh:

I wonder if we're just sick or it's that everything we've gone through to get these tickets has made us this way.

Ooooh that is SUCH a good idea! I am sitting on 8 tickets, better believe these are worth a GOLDMINE to me! Zip loc bags is also another good idea!

Whew I am so glad I have you guys to keep me straight!

Thanks! :D

ramblin rose said:

YOU AND ME BOTH SISTER!!!!!!!!!............:ohmy: PURE FRIGGIN TORTURE!!! :crazy: 40days is like an eternity..you think this was my first U2 concert!:laugh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

YOU AND ME BOTH SISTER!!!!!!!!!............:ohmy: PURE FRIGGIN TORTURE!!! :crazy: 40days is like an eternity..you think this was my first U2 concert!:laugh:

This IS my first U2 concert! I am going to 3/28 AND 3/30!
I cannot wait! I am already trying to figure out what to wear...
comething black and red to go along with the Vertigo theme.
What about everyone else? Hope the weather's awesome
then! It's a beautiful day in San Diego today!

Karen

this will be my (let me think....) 6th U2 concert. I'm planning on wearing something comfortable since I will be in the GA line (luckily will be staying at the Holiday inn so).

If I get the interferene shirt may wear that. Or if I can fit back into my Las Vegas one may do that ( I gotta lose the baby weight though - it's been one year today and I still have work to do)

I'm thinking about going to Sea World on Tuesday 3/29. Anybody want to go with me???

Carek1230 said:

Did you just say longgggggggggggg????? Don't say that... na na na I can't hear you! Hey you are not helping !! hehehehe just kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom