MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego Fan Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:| Looks like I waited too late, no rooms available. So the Holiday Inn Express will be walking distance also?

EPandAmerica said:
:| Looks like I waited too late, no rooms available. So the Holiday Inn Express will be walking distance also?

I wonder if you should call anyway. If you search from Saturday through Tuesday or Sunday through Tuesday there are rooms available (meaning there has to be a room available from Monday to Tuesday) but for whatever reason it comes up no room available.

Hey everyone! I'll be flying in on March 27th and would love to get together that night! I am totally PUMPED about the tour opener...wish I could stay for the other CA shows but my schedule is screwy. Anyone going to SD shows also going to Chicago? I managed GAs for 2 shows there :)

Hope to see you all soon in....how many days? Not soon enough!!

Hey all, I got tickets for Anaheim but I am dying to go to SD too. Do you think I should buy a broker ticket now or wait until closer to the show? I am thinking maybe scalper prices will go down closer to the day, but then again, maybe not.

Any meetup going on, count me in! thousandfold@gmail.com

Do you have GA or seats?

I'm curious who's going the GA route and who has seats? I bought a seat for San Diego since I couldn't get GA. If you've got seats, what sections?

thousandfold, I think tickets will be a little cheaper closer to the event, but if you really have your heart set on going maybe you should just spring for them now.

See you guys in the GA line!! :hyper: :D

I'll be driving in Sunday evening with Mrs. Edge and Cydewaze (maybe Mr. BAW). We're at the Holiday Inn Sunday night, not sure where we're staying Monday.

ruffian said:
Hey everyone! I'll be flying in on March 27th and would love to get together that night! I am totally PUMPED about the tour opener...wish I could stay for the other CA shows but my schedule is screwy. Anyone going to SD shows also going to Chicago? I managed GAs for 2 shows there :)

Hope to see you all soon in....how many days? Not soon enough!!

Hey Ruffian I see that you are from Kentucky.

I am also flying in to SD on March 27th from L'ville and then I have to fly out on Mar 29. I gotta be at work Mar 30 in DC.

I am also going to the first Chicago show but sadly no GAs although I got GA for SD.

skjuls said:
I'm debating on getting a room at the Holiday Inn!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Skjuls, Holiday Inn is one block away, so no hassles with congested traffic. I found the price online for $100 a night but called the hotel directly and got a "deluxe" room (whatever the hell that means) for $89.

Hey, another Kentuckian (though I'm not originally from here)--who'd have guessed? I'm not sure how I'm getting there yet. I'd like to find a flight that's less than 7 hours long! Delta has a direct flight from Cinci for $323. I have 2 frequent flyer trips on Continental and Northwest but they don't have very direct routes...sheesh.

oops--so you aren't a Kentuckian--sorry, misread :) What time do you think people will line up for GA in San Diego? Since I have a seat for that show I'll try to cruise the GA line with Krispy Kremes. Nothing like sugar to boost the spirits.

ruffian said:
oops--so you aren't a Kentuckian--sorry, misread :) What time do you think people will line up for GA in San Diego? Since I have a seat for that show I'll try to cruise the GA line with Krispy Kremes. Nothing like sugar to boost the spirits.

No I am a Kentuckian. Graduated from High school and college in Kentucky.

Krispy Kreme awesome!!! I don't know what time people will line up for GA. I want to get a good position since a) I'm short and b) being up close is awesome (I was up front in the heart at Indy)

I'm definitely committed to getting within groping distance at the Chicago shows, so I guess I'll plan on getting there early. Awesome that you got in the heart at Indy! And the pic is of you with Bono, I assume??? OMG!! You have to tell the story, even if you are sick of telling!

Bono's American Wife said:
See you guys in the GA line!! :hyper: :D

I'll be driving in Sunday evening with Mrs. Edge and Cydewaze (maybe Mr. BAW). We're at the Holiday Inn Sunday night, not sure where we're staying Monday.

:wave: Hi BAW!

Looks like the Holiday Inn is going to be filled with interferencers :lol:

I have a seat too, so I can also help out with a doughnut run if needed :wink:

Last edited:
ruffian said:
I'm definitely committed to getting within groping distance at the Chicago shows, so I guess I'll plan on getting there early. Awesome that you got in the heart at Indy! And the pic is of you with Bono, I assume??? OMG!! You have to tell the story, even if you are sick of telling!

I will have to link you with the Topic of that story, it was posted in Dec 2002. Yes that is a pic of me with Bono but that was in Louisville.

Made reservations for the Holiday Inn. I don't know what I'm going to do in a King Suite but oh well. I wouldn't mind sharing, there is a sofa couch I believe.

The reservation guy asked why I was coming and I said there is a U2 concert on the 28 and that a lot of us U2 fans were staying at the hotel.

Heads up: he said a taxi from the airport would be around 20 (not bad if there are lot of you) or there is a shuttle (good for single travelers)

great--thanks for info on the shuttle. no doubt you'll get takers on sharing the king suite. I'd have gone halves but likely 2 friends from LA are coming down to SD that night and will crash w/ me.

looking forward to the link to the story. and it was in l'ville!!!

wow

skjuls, that is such a cool story--especially given that it was at a DATA talk (a cause close to my heart). I don't think I would've been able to speak, honestly. I've never been interested in meeting anyone famous before, but Bono is definitely special. Was there a big crowd waiting to talk to him? Were you in the front?

fredstab said:
C'mon People...It's the first show in 4 years! Where are you? We need some big big parties the night before the show! We need to throw a big party. I will throw one in my hotel room if you ask me for! I can't wait for the first show in 4 years!

That would be fun and I am all for a gathering the night before....there's a Gulls game at the Arena tho so that area is out of question, but there's a Chili's in the parking lot of the Arena that might be a cool gathering place and within walking distance for anyone from out of town lucky enuf to have booked rooms at the Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express on Sports Arena Blvd. There is also a Krispy Kreme Donuts in the Arena parking area that is convenient for late night or morning meet up! I'm looking forward to hanging out and meeting fellow fans, and for those of you coming from out of town, welcome to our fine City of San Diego, we welcome you al!

Karen

Viva U2! It's gonna be a mind blowing opener!

Way to Go Karen! Finally someone who seems to want a special Opening Night and some nice party before AND AFTER!

Hope to meet you Karen

Frederic :)

fredstab said:
Way to Go Karen! Finally someone who seems to want a special Opening Night and some nice party before AND AFTER!

Hope to meet you Karen

Frederic :)

I've been waiting for this all my life....this will be the first show for me and I am so incredibly blessed that I've met so many fellow U2 fans here in San Diego, So. Calif and all around the world! It blows my mind that so many people are coming to this opener at such a small venue. I live right up the street from the Sports Arena and have lived here for years so I am happy to help any out of towners with directions, recommendations etc. I'd love to meet as many people as I can and plan to hang around and do so! My sister is flying in Friday from Portland OR for the weekend and for the show, so let's keep back in touch via this thread (or feel free to PM me) and definitely get something going! A weekend party I say! Let no one at the Holiday Inn across from the Arena get any sleep cos U2 are coming to town!!!!!

Karen :wink:

Carek1230 said:

That would be fun and I am all for a gathering the night before....there's a Gulls game at the Arena tho so that area is out of question, but there's a Chili's in the parking lot of the Arena that might be a cool gathering place and within walking distance for anyone from out of town lucky enuf to have booked rooms at the Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express on Sports Arena Blvd. There is also a Krispy Kreme Donuts in the Arena parking area that is convenient for late night or morning meet up! I'm looking forward to hanging out and meeting fellow fans, and for those of you coming from out of town, welcome to our fine City of San Diego, we welcome you al!

Karen

Viva U2! It's gonna be a mind blowing opener!

That's a good idea :yes:

It would be nice to meet up within walking distance of the arena, because some of us are not going to rent cars.

:lol: A bunch of crazed U2 fans taking over the Krispy Kreme or Chili's! :lol:

Karen and Frederic and anyone else interested--we're on! Chili's is fine with me; I don't have transportation since I'm staying at Holiday Inn across from the stadium, so walking distance works well.

I truly share your excitement and am counting the days. I'd originally planned to also see them in L.A. and Anaheim but had another obligation at home (I committed to run a stupid half-marathon with friends April 2; what was I thinking???)

Feel free to email me: ruffian@u2email.com.

Are you two doing GA or do you have seats?

ruffian said:
Karen and Frederic and anyone else interested--we're on! Chili's is fine with me; I don't have transportation since I'm staying at Holiday Inn across from the stadium, so walking distance works well.

I truly share your excitement and am counting the days. I'd originally planned to also see them in L.A. and Anaheim but had another obligation at home (I committed to run a stupid half-marathon with friends April 2; what was I thinking???)

Feel free to email me: ruffian@u2email.com.

Are you two doing GA or do you have seats?

I know several folks staying at that Holiday Inn....I imagine it's sold out for sure by now. There's LOTS within walking distance--lots of fast food, resturants, shops, grocery stores, bars, liquor stores....and of course the Krispy Kreme, Chilis, and AM/PM gas station in the Arena parking lot. I will most definitely be checking back here, you can plan on it. Especially as time grows closer, I am so excited. We are all gonna have to wear name tags! I've got seats....are you kidding me who had a chance to get GAs? I'm in L21a. I've got the 28th off work so I plan to be hanging out around the Arena all day! When do you all arrive and depart?

Karen

Karen, I get in on the 27th but not sure what time yet. I leave on the 29th. I wanted GA's but impossible to get (and I was in Australia using a slow, rickety dial-up system at 3 in the morning, so I was lucky to get anything!). My seat is LL24, which looks pretty good based on the chart I've seen. Looking forward to meeting all of you!!! I'll be glued to these boards till then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom