May 9th, United Center in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FYI, i *think* BP Fallon might be doing a "death disco" party the night of may 10th at the Excalibur Club in Chicago... i emailed his website to find out for sure, but that might be a fun place for people to gather, seeing as he has a U2 connection (he was the DJ who warmed up the crowds on the Zoo TV tour).

here's his website:
http://www.bpfallon.com/

:wink:

Hey everyone--I've been thinking, and it seems like a cell phone list (as Anu suggested) is a good idea. I'm sure I must be nuts, but I am willing to volunteer to put one together. Before I go out on a limb and start a separate thread and all that, please take a second to respond here and let me know if you think it's a good idea or not, and if you would participate.

I was thinking of asking people for the following info:

Screen name (required) and real name (optional)
Cell phone number
Dates you'll be in Chicago
Shows attending
Possibly which hotel you're staying in

Of course, everything other than your screen name and your cell phone number would be optional. And of course, nobody would HAVE to participate. What do you think?

Also, what would be the best way to gather and distribute the information?

Suggestions, thoughts, and comments welcome!

i think it's a great idea.
maybe also add to the list how many will be attending the big bash at the hard rock on sunday?

I'm going down to Chicago from Milwaukee for the May 9th by myself. I'd be willing to hook up with some people who have those damn nose-bleeds!

clarityat3am said:
Ok I just got a ticket to May 9th, so what's going on with the meet up? Can someone give me the condensed version?

may 8th is the big gathering at the hard rock cafe. i didn't know till i looked at the other thread that you have to register for that! looks like there's 75 more spots left. here's the link for that thread http://forum.interference.com/t111914.html

and to register for the HR, go here:
http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=DLRLRREBPLERCNXAKDVG

other than that i don't know of any other 'official meetups' but i'd be happy to meet up with any of y'all before or after the shows :D

p.s. anyone know where i can get a GA ticket for may 10th? :wink:

Kyra1 said:
Hey everyone--I've been thinking, and it seems like a cell phone list (as Anu suggested) is a good idea. I'm sure I must be nuts, but I am willing to volunteer to put one together.

sounds like a good idea.

Hey Kyra!! Thanks for volunteering--I simply don't have the time this week (last week of very long semester). But could you make your email address available so we can do this outside the threads--or activate PM privileges on Interference--or something along these lines???
For the 5-9 folks, the word I've heard is for an after-show gathering at a bar--possibly near one of our hotels, like the Cass. (Some talk long ago included serenading Bono for his birthday after midnight, if we knew where they were staying).
Also, I am hoping to share cabs with other Interferencers to and from the gig leaving from the Cass.
I don't have GA's, but I'm contemplating the "wait outside the venue to meet the band" thing AFTER I check in to the hotel and have some food/drink.
Less than two weeks!!!
Dream out loud!!
Anu

Last edited:
ayearwome said:
Oh..Rock Bottom is a microbrew (so the only sell their own beer). Perhaps not a good idea. But I like their beer.

I am a member of the UK based CAMRA (Campaign for real ale), so this seems just great for me, I have not yet experienced any American micro-brew beer. I am of course happy to join in at a gathering at any venue, and I will just try Rock Bottom on my own when I arrive.

I am staying at the Cass hotel, so look out for me guys, and I still need a GA :wink:

trainspotter said:

I am a member of the UK based CAMRA (Campaign for real ale), so this seems just great for me, I have not yet experienced any American micro-brew beer. I am of course happy to join in at a gathering at any venue, and I will just try Rock Bottom on my own when I arrive.

I am staying at the Cass hotel, so look out for me guys, and I still need a GA :wink:

If you get a chance you should check out goose island brewery as well (it is located near North ave and Halsted St.)

All right, everyone, I hereby officially volunteer to coordinate, organise, and distribute a cell-phone directory thingy. I'll start a separate thread...tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight!

Anu, I have finally gotten around to that premium membership, so my private messaging is working. Everyone, feel free to PM me or e-mail me at kyrasv@yahoo.com.

I think the Rock Bottom Brewery would be fine. We need to make some plans!

Trainspotter, should we bring you some assorted American microbrews? How much could you take home with you?

Kyra1 said:

Trainspotter, should we bring you some assorted American microbrews? How much could you take home with you?

Great Idea, bring loads!!
But If we only end up meeting with everyone after the show, it could be a bit difficult for you to carry them around

Everyone,

I shall be starting a thread about the cellphone list shortly. I know I promised to do it today, but I have a cold, and haven't been feeling up to doing much. But I won't let you down!

trainspotter, we shall be happy to bring you microbrews, and we're driving to Chicago, and staying at the Cass, so it should be no problem. E-mail me, and we'll work out the details!

how to go inside the elipse?say,if i already que start at9am..is it a big chance to go inside the elipse/or just by lottery/random?..anyone?

dju said:
how to go inside the elipse?say,if i already que start at9am..is it a big chance to go inside the elipse/or just by lottery/random?..anyone?

random. You could arrive early or late and get in or not get in. However, I am not sure if probability is higher at any one instant.

hey everyone :wave: I'm late getting to this thread. I'll be at all the Chicago shows. Staying with cousins for part of the time but will likely be in a hotel the 9th and 10th so I won't have to travel as much. I posted this on the May 7th thread as well, but has there been discussion of how we're doing the GA line? What time United Center lets us on the property? Who's camping where? I'll add my info to the cellphone list...can't believe how many interferencers i'm gonna meet :D

I am all about the microbrew, the cell phone list, the party with all of my online friends offline in a big city, ready to see the Vertigo plane land in the airport of our souls.
I am just so sorry I am only coming for one show!!! So Monday afternoon microbrews and then a mass movement to the venue?
Generally, the band gets to the gig around 3 or 4 and sometimes Bono hangs out right then or he comes out after sound check around 5.
It will be good to follow the threads after the SAturday show to see how easy it is to hang at the venue and such.
I simply cannot believe it is so soon. The bad thing about it being so soon is that soon it will be over and I will need to wait until the Fall to see them again!!!
love, Anu

U2Girl1978 said:
I'm so excited I am going to be sick... :lol:

I'll have to catch up on this thread later...and give my number to the list. :)

I whole-heartedly agree!!!

So what is going on Post-Show on the 9th? I love to make the night last alittle longer ;).

Is anyone else staying at the House of Blues Hotel????

Partygirl 43

Whoo hoo I cant believe it will be a week Monday! and I know this will be the longest week of my life!! LOL

:dancing: :applaud: :hyper: :love:

See ya all there

Hi there! I'm looking for help from any of you staying at the Cass Hotel. I'm checking in on Sunday, and going to the big show on 5/9, 5/10, and 5/12 (GA all the way baby)! But I am going by myself. I would love to meet up with some of you at the "Sea of Happiness Lounge" on Sunday night for drinks, and would really love to share a cab ride over to the UC on Monday morning. I really don't want to spend Sunday night alone in my hotel room; won't someone please adopt me? If you can help me out, email me at bearrorist@aol.com
Thanks, and I'll see ya in the GA line!

trillian said:
Hi there! I'm looking for help from any of you staying at the Cass Hotel. I'm checking in on Sunday, and going to the big show on 5/9, 5/10, and 5/12 (GA all the way baby)! But I am going by myself. I would love to meet up with some of you at the "Sea of Happiness Lounge" on Sunday night for drinks, and would really love to share a cab ride over to the UC on Monday morning. I really don't want to spend Sunday night alone in my hotel room; won't someone please adopt me? If you can help me out, email me at bearrorist@aol.com
Thanks, and I'll see ya in the GA line!

As you probably are aware, there is a cellphone list on-going at the moment, I get to the Cass at 2pm on 5/9, and I hope to meet other U2 fans, If there is no other meet up planned, I will be in the sea of happiness bar after the show.

Trillian, there is a party at the Hard Rock Cafe Sunday night...see the thread about same in "Fan Gatherings" or go to www.U2midwest.com for details...hurry, only a few spots left!

Also feel free to add your name to the cell phone list. My husband and I are also staying at the Cass, as is trainspotter, and a few other people whose names escape me at the moment. Don't worry, you won't be alone!

So, people, are we going to name a location to meet up at after the show? or are my husband, trainspotter, and I doomed to drink by ourselves in the Sea of Happiness? What do you all think of Rock Bottom as a meeting place? Say, on the roof if the weather is decent? Or maybe one of the Chicago locals/natives has a better idea...

Back
Top Bottom