May 9th, United Center in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anu said:
So excited by my San Jose experience but feeling more than a little broke. So, I find this to be a good thread with helpful discussion.
Here's my plea: I'm traveling alone and would love to share hotel and cab expenses with one or some like-minded fans.
I'm 37 (some said Bono look-alike), spiritual-activist-intellectual, anti-war, will enjoy partying before-during-after the gig, married (I am *not* looking for a date).
I'm flying into Midway mid-day Monday and am leaving mid-day Tuesday.
Please email me or PM me if you are interested. Thanks!!!
Anu (andy) Anu@pumpkinhollow.net

I am flying in the morning of the 9th and out on the 10th into Midway. PM if you want to talk about sharing a cab, etc.

:wave:

Kyra1 said:
We're booked at the Cass as well. Hoping to meet trainspotter and hepcat in the Sea of Happiness!

Abel, the United Center is not a place to walk to because of 1) distance and 2) neighborhood. The CTA generally runs extra "express" buses for games and events. This would be safe and cheap, or you could take a cab. Read through the posts in this thread, and also in "Places to stay in Chicago?" over in the U2 Tour Dates forum for more information about hotels, hostels, etc.

Hope you have a safe trip from Texas!

thanks kyra, it's looking more and more like i will be booking the cass hotel with my friend julie...we're going to try to get a ride home after the concert with a friend who lives in the chicago area, or maybe share a cab ride with some fellow interferencers....

this is going to be so much fun :hyper:

btw i'm also leaving on wednesday the 11th about 2:30 in the afternoon out of midway airport.

Last edited:
I'm there with y'all at the Cass Hotel. Very reasonable and a great location near the place where I was born. Thanks for the tip!!!
ahhh. . . to be in the city of my birth for Bono's birthday. . . .in 24 days (and counting).
I'll definitely be interested in sharing cab-fares or public transportation rides or something, to and from the arena.
Who would be willing to compile a cell-phone number database for all interference folk in Chi. for this week or this night, to be distributed privately to our in-boxes???
This has worked well at other shows for keeping in touch, sharing meals/rides/drinks, and of course, Bono sightings.
. . .now off the computer and into this beautiful spring weather with the flowers on fire,
anu

Anu said:

Who would be willing to compile a cell-phone number database for all interference folk in Chi. for this week or this night, to be distributed privately to our in-boxes???

I don't mind adding my cellphone number to that list, if it happens. I have just aquired a Tmobile USA simcard for my trip, so it would be nice to actually have a use for it ;-)

A cell-phone number database is a great idea. Since we wouldn't want to limit it to just the people with tickets for May 9, maybe a new thread for ALL the Chicago Interferencers is in order?

What do you guys think?

Have GA for 5/9 - interested in after-party in the city :dancing: :rockon:

I heard U2 usually stays @ the Park Hyatt :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge:

I'll be the really tall blonde and my sister will be the shorter blonde - see ya in GA!

Hope everyone will show KOL some respect (out of respect for U2 at least) and that we make the most noise for U2 out of all their shows - let's make it :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The cell phone thingy sounds cool :) We are driving straight back after the concert so no party for me boo :(

Rhia

ayearwome, do you know any places with outdoor seating, in case the weather's nice?

And the rest of you folks, should we do a cell phone number list like Anu suggested?

i think both are good ideas, Kyra.
I looked at my calendar and remembered it's only a few weeks away :drool:

Can't wait!!

hef4u2 said:
Hey Folks

everyone ready?

Ive been ready since I bought the tics wayy back :dancing: LOL.

Heyy Iam keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you Trainspotter!

Rhia

I don't know if I'll be able to celebrate Bono's birthday right because my voice will be nada after this show. :wink:

I hope everyone is really LOUD and crazy!
I figure I will just get there really early and hang out. [/B]

Oh I dont think that we will have to worry about that any :)

Yeppers Iam too,I think that it will be part of the U2 experience.

BTW I just lovvve your avatar :drool: LOL

Rhia

LadyRhia said:

Oh I dont think that we will have to worry about that any :)

Yeppers Iam too,I think that it will be part of the U2 experience.

BTW I just lovvve your avatar :drool: LOL

Rhia

I'm just hoping the crowd doesn't get lame during the older songs...
I love the avatar too :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom