May 7th, United Center in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
somebody told me he was going to be there on the 7th, but i saw he posted that he will be there for then 9th and later. so he will be there, im just not sure when..,

well, i read the link Miroslava posted about United Center policy, which sounds the same as any other venue except 1) the lineup time is much later, and 2) it states that if you leave the united center property you forfeit your place in line. How stupid is that? And there's no info on when people are lining up...I realize many people try to be secretive about what time they are arriving so everyone doesn't show up then, but c'mon. :grumpy:

ruffian said:
well, i read the link Miroslava posted about United Center policy, which sounds the same as any other venue except 1) the lineup time is much later, and 2) it states that if you leave the united center property you forfeit your place in line. How stupid is that? And there's no info on when people are lining up...I realize many people try to be secretive about what time they are arriving so everyone doesn't show up then, but c'mon. :grumpy:

Ok, I'll volunteer to get you guys stuff while you wait!

WTF! You forfeit your place if you leave the property. could imagine if they had that in place for San Diego!? Wow!

ruffian said:
And there's no info on when people are lining up...I realize many people try to be secretive about what time they are arriving so everyone doesn't show up then, but c'mon. :grumpy:

:eyebrow:

So....what time should we show up??? :crazy:

I'll be there... I don't have GAs unfortunatley; I have seated tickets all the way up in the 300's :| oh well, I'm just beyond happy to be going, plus I have GAs for Cleveland...but I'd at least like to get tickets closer to the stage, is there any possibility of trading someone at the venue?

Are any of you going to try to catch the band when they go in for sound check? This is something I really want to do and I'd like to know if anyone has had experience in this - what time to be there, where to be, ect. I know you can't meet the band by following a formula, but it can at least increase my chances right? :D

skjuls said:

Ok, I'll volunteer to get you guys stuff while you wait!

WTF! You forfeit your place if you leave the property. could imagine if they had that in place for San Diego!? Wow!

skjuls i'm trying to get a trade for another ticket so i can get to the 5/22 show in Philly, so hope to see you there :wave:

i think we should go by the UC rules and not start lining up until noon

so nobody show up until then

:shifty:

i'll be there for the may 7th gig....when do you all think the band will arrive in chicago??? since they have such a long break and all before the chicago gigs.....

U2One said:
i'll be there for the may 7th gig....when do you all think the band will arrive in chicago??? since they have such a long break and all before the chicago gigs.....

I don't know, but I'd imagine they would be there Friday night...depends where they are spending their time off. In response to the question about the soundchecks: they arrive anytime between 2:30 and 5:30. So far on the tour, (at least at the shows in San Diego, Phoenix, and Seattle) they have not been signing autographs the first day, but usually come out the second day. Of course, that could change and I don't know what they did in Denver, the California shows before that, or Vancouver...

dizzy said:

:eyebrow:

So....what time should we show up??? :crazy:
dizzy, i'm getting there as soon as i can get my butt outta bed, unless there are tons of people camping out overnight--and in that case I have no idea what I'll do. See you in Philly, too!

skjuls said:

I do have an extra crap ticket if this girl doesn't take it!

But hey you'll be seated next to me.
well there is that! :heart: thanks...i'm really hoping for GA but at this point who knows :slant:

ruffian said:

well there is that! :heart: thanks...i'm really hoping for GA but at this point who knows :slant:

It's a side view!! cheapo but that is all Halup could get during the general sale b/c I got nada.

it's a seat in the house. could always try for GA day of!?

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:
Ruffian, are you going to all the shows?

yeah, but still need to buy 5/12...changed my plane ticket already so I could stay for the last show :hyper: you too, right?

Alli, I hope a ticket comes through!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dizzy! :wave: Just got your email - looking forward to meeting you in NYC!

Anyhow, just posted this under May 9th but it was intended for Saturday, May 7th:

OMG!! My friend just offered me a ticket to this Chicago gig! Since I was going to Toronto this weekend anyway, I'd catch a ride with him - we'd drive the 8 or so hours from T.O. to Chicago then head back the next day! (and I have to add T.O. to Ottawa on top of that!).

I doubt I'd be able to partake in any of the extra activities mentionned in all these threads (except maybe sat. night?) but this is the coolest thing and I'm so excited and I've always wanted to go to Chicago & I just have to share it!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

ROAD TRIP + U2 = FANTASTIC WEEKEND!

Last edited:
for those of you without tickets, I see there are plenty avail. not great but you can get in the building pretty cheap.
Is there a pre show gathering anywhere on sat or is everyone heading to the UC to stand in line?

i'm not sure who's GA or not...i'll be in line...
ladywithspinning head, congrats on getting to Chicago!

Back
Top Bottom