May 21, Madison Square Garden in NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What time would you guys recommend getting there for the GA line. I just got the MSG email today that says doors open at 7. With the scan thing going on, what time is the best time get on the line to get in? Anyone with NYC GA experience or GA experience on this tour that can help out?

I'm sitting alone as well, as of now. My only U2 die-hard friend here in NYC is sitting with his wife down low...I have 2 nosebleeds...one for me, and the other, well....my sister wanted to go, but forgot that she's going to a wedding. I could make my friend Marc come with me, but he's going with me to the Yankee game earlier in the day, he's gonna want to just go home....so, I think it likely I'll just go myself. I'll be in Section 420, Row G...seat I forget, but it might be 10. Feel free to come over and say hi if the mood strikes you. :)

dafish1234 said:
What time would you guys recommend getting there for the GA line. I just got the MSG email today that says doors open at 7. With the scan thing going on, what time is the best time get on the line to get in? Anyone with NYC GA experience or GA experience on this tour that can help out?

did you actually manage to get a GA to MSG on 5/21??? if so, then you are the first person i've heard of who was so fortunate... congratulations. :up:

ladywithspinninghead said:
Jess - that's great - maybe I'll see you tomorrow night!
You might have to call Sam (who arrived yesterday), Michelle and Tammy because we're all hitting the town tomorrow and might go to the UF show. (it's the long weekend here in Canada so we were all able to get away)

i don't have your guys cell phones except Michelle's, i think, not sure... PM me your cell, i'll just pm you mine an u or sam just call me.. ok? :)

i am coming to the thing tomorrow before UF gig ;)

Jesse

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
I could make my friend Marc come with me, but he's going with me to the Yankee game earlier in the day, he's gonna want to just go home....so, I think it likely I'll just go myself. I'll be in Section 420, Row G...seat I forget, but it might be 10. Feel free to come over and say hi if the mood strikes you. :)

I'll be behind the stage as well. What kind of seats do you have for the Yankees game? I'll be at Shea at well, but I'm in the uppers :(

I doubt they release any seats on ticketmaster.

I think I have you all beat as far as worst seats, I'm in section 426 Row C. Hope the air isn't too thin up there, don't think we can bring oxygen tanks...

I also have a GA. I think I will try to get there pretty early (like 8-9am). I have a felling there will be a bit less people lining up early than other shows, beause it seems like so few fans actually got GA tickets. But I could be wrong.

I'm leaving soon (coming from Montreal, by myself), and hopefully I'll see some of you guys at Flannery's tonight. Although I don't really know how to recognize anyone...

i'll be in the middle of section 335. i could only afford one ticket so for the first time ever i am going to a show all alone. i also hope that my expensive ticket is not a fake. javascript:smilie(':(')

RademR said:

I'll be behind the stage as well. What kind of seats do you have for the Yankees game? I'll be at Shea at well, but I'm in the uppers :(

I doubt they release any seats on ticketmaster.

For the Yankee game, we have suite tickets....that's good and bad. View should be decent, food will be free, but the people in the suite might be a tad....not....fun to be around. Whatever, just happy to be there.

As for my nosebleed seat for the concert, I could not care less. I've sat really close 2x now, and I've sat far away a few times too. I of course prefer better seats, but it's a blast regardless, at least for me. I'll have elbow room with an empty seat next to me!! :)

My only regret about being born and living my first 26 years in NYC is that I never got to see NY for the first time, you know? I know how blown away I get upon seeing Tokyo, London, Vienna....etc.....even Chicago and SF....but NYC was home and while I always recognized how amazing...and how bad, too...it can be.....I'll never get a first glimpse from a landing plane or anything like that. I wonder if this even makes sense to anyone, hope it does.

Well, I second the notion, for all of those making their first visit, welcome to my home, even if I no longer live here. Hope I see some of you tomorrow night! :)

*Ally* said:

did you actually manage to get a GA to MSG on 5/21??? if so, then you are the first person i've heard of who was so fortunate... congratulations. :up:

Yep, was lucky enough to pull up 1 during the general sale. This will be my first U2 concert and I just graduated college yesterday, so in other words I'm jumping of the walls right now. I'm guessing they let you line up outside the arena on the street? I was thinking about getting there mid afternoon...4-5 PM b/c of the whole scan thing. Figure it wouldnt pay off to go that early, but I also don't want to be a shut out of a decent view if I dont get the elipse.

dazzledbylight said:

Impressive....Most Impressive! :D

I'm taking this to another level.

Am going to see Revenge of the Sith in the city, after attending the game, and before attending the concert.

Can I do it, can I pull off the trifecta? I think I can. Anything to avoid a 9th listen to Kings of Leon!

May the Force be with me. :)

good thinking, NSW. I planned out my whole day around getting to the garden at 7:30. I need to push it back til 8:30, I've seen the Kings twice already and that's enough.

Good luck pulling off the trifecta :up:

No spoken words said:
I'm sitting alone as well, as of now. My only U2 die-hard friend here in NYC is sitting with his wife down low...I have 2 nosebleeds...one for me, and the other, well....my sister wanted to go, but forgot that she's going to a wedding. I could make my friend Marc come with me, but he's going with me to the Yankee game earlier in the day, he's gonna want to just go home....so, I think it likely I'll just go myself. I'll be in Section 420, Row G...seat I forget, but it might be 10. Feel free to come over and say hi if the mood strikes you. :)

OMG....NSW.....do you STILL have that 2nd seat!!!!!

I've been crazed to go. I'vebeen a Fan for 24 years {yes i have sen them here in MSG/CA-nj, etc....but this ablum is so strong to me...I have to see them again!

--but the friends I have to rely on for tix these past bunch of years [been poor, so I pay them back in installements vs when i was lower middle-class} were totally locked out for all nj/ny shows, some due to family emergency playing havoc w getting on line for the fall tix in particular.

I already missed 2 opps here on INF...one was definatively offered to me but at the highest price [just coundn'tt meet that], and the other was the lowest money seat that was offered 30 mins after I left where I was at a computer...and by the time i got back on to a comp at my library and SAW the Offer....it was gone!

I'll be here on-line for another 30 mins......then Ill be on line again around 5:15. I could if you can't be in touch at thes ahours-- leave a message on this thread when you think you can be back on-line.

I can go to a net cafe in Mid Mahantan by around 7- 7:30 PM or any time up till about midnite {they usually close around 12:30AM} and be talk to you there, & see if we can work something out.

BTW I was fascinated by your take on your non-experience of never "seeing NYC for the first time"...I'm a Born & bred NYC'er. I began to know by the time I was around 12 yrs or so that NYC wass an extremely special place...even if some of our fellow citizens HATED it. Some still do.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:

I'm taking this to another level.

Am going to see Revenge of the Sith in the city, after attending the game, and before attending the concert.

Can I do it, can I pull off the trifecta? I think I can. Anything to avoid a 9th listen to Kings of Leon!

May the Force be with me. :)

WOW....what a day of faverote passions....Sports, SW & R&R/u2 section!!! :hyper: :applaud: :applaud:

I'm probably going to see it on SUn..... all my "force" engery Rihgt NOw is Concentrating on getting a tix for sat! :(
:begginghands: :D

and I HATE [and it's very rare] bring up scary music..."when Fandoms Collide!" which is me and R&R/U2 sections VS SF media/SW branch right now! :grumpy:

And BTW....MTFBWY !

Last edited:
Aggghhh, the day is rapidly approaching and I STILL don't have a ticket. Does anyone have an extra to sell? I don't care where in the building it is. As someone referenced the nosebleeds earlier, I'll bring an oxygen tank! I think I will DIE if I don't get a ticket. Someone...anyone...please be my angel and help!! :)

Back
Top Bottom