May 18, Continental Airlines in East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My flight gets in at 9 am on the 17th, then I'll have to go to the hotel to drop stuff off, which is about 7 miles from the venue I think....anyway I will hopefully be in the GA line by 11:30, assuming everything goes smoothly..

Maybe earlier in the GA line on the 18th, depending....

Last edited:
I should get there around 6:00 -6:15. I have regular seats so i will not be hanging out on the GA line. But if anyone has beer and wants to hang out in the lot and listen to U2 I'm up for that or hanging out inside the arena.

PS, I don't think there is much at all in the way of nightlife around Continental Airlines arena (but maybe I'm wrong, I'm not from the area). It just looks like there is nothing around it. You want nightlife, go to MSG...

Ok, Jimmy Hoffa searh begins at 11:15pm, promptly after concert. They will be selling flashlights, hasmat outfits, and body bags at the concession stands to assist in out hunt through the marshlands.:wink:

hey guys just found out im going to NY in a couple weeks, perfect timing to hop over to NJ for the 5/18 show. anyone got extras???

but there are still tickets available for the Post Concert Jimmy Hoffa Search Party.

Please see Headache for details.:huh:

Numb1075 said:
but there are still tickets available for the Post Concert Jimmy Hoffa Search Party.

Please see Headache for details.:huh:

so they say he's under Giants Stadium right?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
oh come on... there's plenty to do at the meadowlands... you could...

--get shit on buy a seagull
--stare at an empty giants stadium
--wade through the swamps
--look for jimmy hoffa's rotted corpse

it's a fun time for all :up:

:lol:

so my overnight flight is leaving earlier than I had planned and I'll be getting into Newark at 6:30 am on the 17th :crazy:

well at least I'll be getting in line earlier than expected :wink:

that's REAL early, you can get a head start on looking for jimmy h.

Whoever finds him first is supposed to win a U2 mouse pad

But...but...what about the 17th? We're at the Marriott across the street..

*doesnt wanna be left out of any parties*

well diane was kind enough to offer me a ticket, but I can't afford it.:sad:

and I'm going to have to work late that night, so I won't be able to attend any parking lot festivites.:mad:

damn money and working; who came up with these concepts?:|

everybody enjoy!!!
I'll be seeing them in november.

see you all on Tuesday/Wed. :wave:

I prob. won't have internet access before then after tonight,

I work in the Newark Area, so if somebody needs a ride on the 18th, I could swing by and pick you up and give you a ride to the show. I'm thinking about leaving work around 3

Hit me with a PM if you need a pick-up.

Still looking for 1 GA for a buddy..Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks.

I'll be taking the shuttle on the 18th. Originally leaving from Hoboken to NYC if anyone wants to meet up.

It's the #351 bus to Meadowlands Complex, $7.00 round trip, starts runs 2hrs before showtime. Last bus leaves arena approx 1/2 hr after concert.

Hope to meet some of you there.

:) Jess

JOFO said:
well diane was kind enough to offer me a ticket, but I can't afford it.:sad:

and I'm going to have to work late that night, so I won't be able to attend any parking lot festivites.:mad:

damn money and working; who came up with these concepts?:|

everybody enjoy!!!
I'll be seeing them in november.

JOFO, I've seen singles pop up on ticketmaster for the 17th today, and one was for the $95 ticket. I hope you can find something!

Diane L said:
I hope I get to meet you, too! Do you have GA tickets?

:yikes: I got nothin' yet! I'm hoping they'll drop GAs at the box office...they did for each show in Chicago. Did everyone decide if they are meeting up? I'll be in the GA line one way or another, so can't leave an hour before the show...are you seats or GA?

and Diane is right, there are singles available on ticketmaster for anyone looking for seats...I'm stunned!

Alright friends, here is a pic of my kickass sign so you'll know it's me :sexywink:
U2Poster.jpg

Now my other ? : are there places to eat within walking distance? :crossesfingers:

Back
Top Bottom