June 24th, Croke Park in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mofo2u2 said:
I'll be there. I'm from México City. Any Latin americans or mexican people will be there? there's no place to sleep. all is full.

another question, anyone will be attending part of the tour? I have ticket for Dublin 24 and then Berlin 5 Paris 9 and 10 Amsterdam shows, milano and rome.

anyone?

Luis

the bets thing to do is probably get a list of places off the irish tourist board. hopefully they might have some that are a bit out of the city

good luck

Mofo2U2.... I almost know about 50 spanish guys that are going to be on both concerts... so if you want to join us..... just seek for the most noise people around the stadium!!!....

I'm also going to rome:wink:

dizzy said:
BTW, I got my visa to Ireland last week (I'm not a U.S. citizen). The embassy staff must think I'm crazy because I included a photocopy of the concert ticket along with the application form as one of the purposes of my visit. :wink: It paid off anyway. :hyper:

Scared the crap out of me... I work at an Immigration Law firm, so of course the first thing I figured out ages ago was if I needed a visa, but that doesnt mean I didn't panic just now and checked once again to make sure I didnt need one...

Having a Mexican passport is generally not good for much other than personal pride, but I must say that Mexico has pretty damn good visa arrangements for most countries!! :D

Luis, nos vemos por Dublin! :wave:

So is the Sunday meet up on?? Johnny Foxes looks like a great place! :hyper:

Was a time determined?

Foxes is on!

Johnny Foxes is still on.

How does 1pm grab everyone? Chance to grab lunch and spend the afternoon up there?

It takes about 30 mins from the city centre to get up there. Not that expensive in shared taxis.

Busby.

Re: Foxes is on!

irishbusby said:
Johnny Foxes is still on.

How does 1pm grab everyone? Chance to grab lunch and spend the afternoon up there?

It takes about 30 mins from the city centre to get up there. Not that expensive in shared taxis.

Busby.

Sounds ideal to me. I am really looking forward to intense Sunday reminiscing about the first 2 shows! It's gonna be good.

BTW, where is everyone staying?? It would be good to get a sense of everyone's location. My wife and I are staying ant the Trinity Arch hotel on Dame street, right across the way from Trinity college.

How bout everyone else??

Cheers.

I'll be at Kelly's Hotel right in front of Dublin Castle, so if we could get groups going somewhere near that or Trinity we could then share cabs?

I'm staying at the Dublin City University, which is in the City Centre North area. It looks to be walking distance to Croke Park, perhaps about 1 mile. It will be a little more difficult to get to Temple Bar though, but it's close to Stadium.

Where to meet

I'm a native Dubliner - will be staying with the folks.

How about meeting at the prominent gates at the front of Trinity College (facing onto Dame Street) for 12:30pm on the Sunday?

There's a taxi rank close by - we can jump into groups of four and head up to Foxes!

SoCalMusicLover - regular bus services into town center from DCU. About half an hour into town, I would have thought - maybe only 15 minutes in a taxi.

Busby.

P.S. I'm 6'4", shaved head, and will most probably be wearing Interference/U2 t-shirts all weekend - photo attached.

See you there!

Attachments

• bruce.jpg
    bruce.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 89
:( I may not be able to go to Johnny Foxes after all, I have some friends that will only be in town for the weekend, and since they leave on Sunday, I may need to stay in town to hang out for a lil while... guess we'll see :(

irishbusby an everyone, A recap of entire weekends events...

Friday 6/24: OCTAGON at midday or EAMON DORAN's..

Sunday 6/26: Johnnie Foxes at 1 PM

Sunday EVENING: Back into city centre - pub crawl/Kitchen if open

is this correct?

hey, i'm not going to dublin, but i was just browsing this thread and am SO JEALOUS! you guys are going to have a fantastic time... i went to Slane in August 2001, and it was a blast.

i hope you all have a safe trip- nothing compares to seeing U2 on their home turf!! :up: :wave:

I really want to go there too, but thus far, seems like my schedule only permits it on Sunday afternoon, possibly saturday... So probably not :(

And well, since you will already be in Gallway, that package will do you no good as it includes rail from Dublin :wink:

Doing this one on Monday the 27th returning just in time to go clean up and run to the show! :hyper:

http://www.viator.com/brochure/product_show.jsp?ID=1010&PRODUCTID=1016&CODE=2548WW

Last edited:
:( I need more time!! :scream:

I am so mad that when I first booked this back in Feb. I didnt even think that the 4th of July long weekend could have been part of this and all I would have had to do is take one more day of vacation off!!! :sad:

:banghead:

I also recommend the trip to Boyne valley, very mysterious, very old---not long ago since the scientists proclaimed it what seems to be "the oldest civilisation on European soil"---that means even older than Crete and Mykene!!!
Have fun,
i'll probably just hang around in Dublin all the time that weekend, so if anyone is interested in having a few---let me know--the more,the merrier!!

tilen said:
I also recommend the trip to Boyne valley, very mysterious, very old---not long ago since the scientists proclaimed it what seems to be "the oldest civilisation on European soil"---that means even older than Crete and Mykene!!!
Have fun,
i'll probably just hang around in Dublin all the time that weekend, so if anyone is interested in having a few---let me know--the more,the merrier!!

I'm excited about it now. It's also older than the Pyramids and Stonehenge.

Which shows are you going to, Tilen?

So on the friday at Midday are people meeting at the Octagon or Eamon Dorans?

Octagon is STILL GO!

Octaqon!

Not sure how many will turn up - we may be turfed out if a 100 or so show!

If anyone arrives later in the afternoon and we're not in the Octagon - we'll have gone to Eamon Doran's. Only a 10 minute walk between venues.

Busby.

cool, im coming over from the UK on my own, could do with meeting some fellow fans as it wont be the same on my own:)

Will you all be wearing red roses ??:)

p.s. wheres everyone meeting on the sunday to go to Johnnie Foxes ?

Last edited:
Fcat,

My photo is visible somewhere in this thread. I'll also wear an Interference shirt on the day. We'll work it out!

We're meeting on Sunday - 12:30 - outside Gates of Trinity College at top of Dame Street.

Chow for now.

Busby.

Ok the meet & greets are all arranged. Looking forward to meeting all of you there. I am so excited!! Anyway, I wanted to ask where everyone is sitting??? For the 24th my wife and I will be in sec 328 and for the 25th we are in sec 303. What about everyone else??? I am hoping to be sitting by some fellow die hards.

Cheers.

Re: Where to meet

irishbusby said:
I'm a native Dubliner - will be staying with the folks.

How about meeting at the prominent gates at the front of Trinity College (facing onto Dame Street) for 12:30pm on the Sunday?

There's a taxi rank close by - we can jump into groups of four and head up to Foxes!

SoCalMusicLover - regular bus services into town center from DCU. About half an hour into town, I would have thought - maybe only 15 minutes in a taxi.

Busby.

P.S. I'm 6'4", shaved head, and will most probably be wearing Interference/U2 t-shirts all weekend - photo attached.

See you there!

this sounds great!
i can't do Octagon on the Friday (even though it is my favourite bar in the world) as i got GA and am gonna be in a very long queue all day i guess!
But i'm really looking forward to meeting a whole bunch of people on the Sunday for this, it'll be great!

Manchester II

Completely off the subject matter of our thread....but having been at both Manchester shows, and just recovering......I can only say my expectations of 80,000 Irish/International die-hard fans in Croke Park seeing this show have gone through the roof!!!

Bravo - Manchester II crowd. Mexican waves before the band gets on are always a sign of things to come!!

Roll on Twickenham!

And ' A Sort of Homecoming' in Dublin!!!! I look forward to welcoming each and every one of you - 'Cead Mile Failte!!!'

Busby.

Back
Top Bottom